Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-17-2015, 07:18 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
I don't know what to say really. All I know is, I don't have a ton of knowledge on a lot of things related to this stuff. Because of this I try to follow tried and true methods to a T. Only upon almost certainty that I adhered to those methods, I try alternatives through my minimal knowledge base or logic with limited experience.

I don't know why you have 9000 to 9100 as a range in your ports. I don't know if a revised setup walkthrough asked for it or if it even matters.

Unless you are confident in your abilities, I would scrap any ideas about using an AX setup for an EQEmu system. Not intending to be critical with that statement just, to the point.

I would get your hands on a copy of HeidiSql pronto! It makes using MySQL quite a bit easier.

In the meantime you could use this:

use "yourDBname";
INSERT INTO `tblworldserverregistration` (`ServerLongName`, `ServerShortName`, `ServerListTypeID`, `ServerLastIPAddr`) VALUES ('name', 'name', 3, 'yourIP');
Ohh I wasn't very clear, I'm not using the Ax setup, using Heidi and followed the walkthrough to a T....or so I think.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:27 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

Thanks for trying to help, but yea, every query comes up as a sqp error 1064. Guess I'm just stuck. I do appreciate you at least attempting to help me. This stuff is way more complicated then it appears.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:40 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

Since I know your server works can you post a pic of all your windows that open when you boot up your server so I can see how different they are then mine?
Old 08-17-2015, 08:06 PM
Uleat
Developer

Ok..Let's make sure we're on the same page here...

For you and your wife to play, you will need at least two computers..which necessitates using a LAN IP for your server's address.

All IP addresses in your eqemu_config.xml file will need to be the LAN IP address of the computer hosting the server - with the exception
of database IPs..which should be '127.0.0.1'

This is the same configuration that you will use for both LAN-only and WAN access. The only difference is that you would not forward
ports on a LAN-only setup. (There is a slight difference in <world> address/localaddress..but, that can be overlooked for now.)

Your login.ini settings should be similar.

The database should point to '127.0.0.1' and the local network should contain the LAN address, minus the host address
(3 integers, 3 delimiters.)

So,
Code:
would be:
Code:

I'm not quite sure why your server admin table failed..but, it may have to do with the AUTO_INCREMENT setting in the primary (used) key.

Try running your query again..but, this time, remove `ServerAdminID` and its corresponding VALUE. It should auto assign a value - which
you will need for your `tblworldserverregistration` entry.

(Assuming your world server registration and account info is up-to-date... [see previous posts])

You will need to add login server accounts for people whom you would like to allow access.

Step 5 of the private login server guide (http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Windows...Guide&frm=Main) shows the script used to add player accounts.

They can also be added manually through HeidiSQL. You will just need to security hash the password before the accounts can be logged in.

This sql query can be run in HeidiSQL if you manually enter the account information:

Code:
UPDATE `tblloginserveraccounts` SET `AccountPassword` = sha(`AccountPassword`) WHERE `AccountName` = '<account name>'
Change <account name> to the name of the account that you want to hash the password for. Just remember to only hash it once or the account
will be inaccessible.

Look this over and see where you are.

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 08-17-2015 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: clarified login server accounts
Old 08-17-2015, 08:18 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
Ok..Let's make sure we're on the same page here...
Your a glutton for punishment haha. Thank god for me because I am determined to figure out what I did wrong. You don't even want to know how long it took the first time I did this without an exe repack (17 days), although in my defense, it was all the compiling errors before, the login server gave me no problems. Ok, here we go..........

Making changes, brb
Old 08-17-2015, 08:29 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

I'm glad someone else showed up who knows more than me. That's about everyone here though.

Problem being for those like me, these people don't use lay terms...
Old 08-17-2015, 08:35 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

(Shortened copy pastes to relevant information:
Quote:
[database]
host = 127.0.0.1
port = 3306
db = peq
user = root
password = xxxx
subsystem = MySQL

[options]
unregistered_allowed = TRUE
reject_duplicate_servers = FALSE
trace = TRUE
world_trace = FALSE
dump_packets_in = FALSE
dump_packets_out = FALSE
listen_port = 5998
local_network = 127.0.0.1
Quote:
<server>
<world>
<shortname>Affliction</shortname>
<longname>Affliction Test Server</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. (read: You don't) -->
<address>192.168.0.</address>
<localaddress>192.168.0.</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. Defaults shown -->
<loginserver>
<host>192.168.0.</host>
<port>5998</port>
<account>Razzlam</account>
<password>xxxx</password>
</loginserver>
And every variation of the query is failing, but I'm probably doing it wrong. Anything beyond a one word query is confusing to me:
Quote:
INSERT INTO use "peq";
INSERT INTO `tblworldserverregistration` (`ServerLongName`, `ServerShortName`, `ServerLastIPAddr`) VALUES ('Affliction Test Server', 'Affliction','192.168.0.13');
Old 08-17-2015, 08:40 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

I think you just missed my edit:

use "yourDBname";
INSERT INTO `tblworldserverregistration` (`ServerLongName`, `ServerShortName`, `ServerListTypeID`, `ServerLastIPAddr`) VALUES ('yourname', 'yourname', 3, 'yourIP');

* Oh, and only change the text where it says yourname yourip, leave the little quotes. Remove the double quote for yourDBname so it's just use dbname;

Also, except for the login.ini file the format for the IP in those fields should be XXX.XX.X.XXX

Since you have HeidiSQL you don't need to use a query to change a table. Go to the table and play around with it. It's actually quite simple.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:49 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

Here is my stuff, everything works fine:

eqemu_config
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<server>
	<world>
		<shortname>Jeryds</shortname>
		<longname>Jeryd's</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to.  (read: You don't)-->
		<address>192.168.15.181</address>
		<localaddress>192.168.15.181</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information.  Defaults shown -->
		<loginserver>
			<host>192.168.15.181</host>
			<port>5998</port>
			<account></account>
			<password></password>
		</loginserver>

<!-- Server status.  Default is unlocked -->
		<!--<locked/>-->
		<!-- <unlocked/> -->

<!-- Sets the ip/port for the tcp connections.  Both zones and console (if enabled).  Defaults are shown -->
		<tcp ip="127.0.0.1" port="9000" telnet="disable"/>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
		<key>some long random string</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service.  Defaults are shown -->
		<http port="9080" enabled="false" mimefile="mime.types" />
	</world>

<!-- Chatserver (channels) information.  Defaults shown -->
	<chatserver>
		<port>7778</port>
	</chatserver>

<!-- Mailserver (in-game mail) information.  Defaults shown -->
	<mailserver>
		<port>7778</port>
	</mailserver>

<zones>
		<defaultstatus>0</defaultstatus>

<!-- Sets port range for world to use to auto configure zones -->
		<ports low="7000" high="7100"/>
	</zones>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini.  Defaults shown -->
	<database>
		<host>127.0.0.1</host>
		<port>3306</port>
		<username>root</username>
		<password>xxx</password>
		<db>jeryds</db>
	</database>

<qsdatabase>
		<host>127.0.0.1</host>
		<port>3306</port>
		<username>root</username>
		<password>xxx</password>
		<db>jeryds</db>
	</qsdatabase>

<!-- Launcher Configuration -->
	<launcher>
		<!-- <logprefix>logs/zone-</logprefix> -->
		<!-- <logsuffix>.log</logsuffix> -->
		<!-- <exe>zone.exe or ./zone</exe> -->
		<!-- <timers restart="10000" reterminate="10000"> -->
	</launcher>

<!-- File locations.  Defaults shown -->
	<files>
		<!-- <spells>spells_us.txt</spells> -->
		<!-- <opcodes>opcodes.conf</opcodes> -->
		<!-- <logsettings>log.ini</logsettings> -->
		<!-- <eqtime>eqtime.cfg</eqtime> -->
	</files>
	<!-- Directory locations.  Defaults shown -->
	<directories>
		<!-- <maps>Maps</maps> -->
		<!-- <quests>quests</quests> -->
		<!-- <plugins>plugins</plugins> -->
	</directories>
</server>
login.ini
Code:
[database]
host = 127.0.0.1
port = 3306
db = jeryds
user = root
password = xxx
subsystem = MySQL

[options]
unregistered_allowed = TRUE
reject_duplicate_servers = FALSE
trace = TRUE
world_trace = FALSE
dump_packets_in = FALSE
dump_packets_out = FALSE
listen_port = 5998
local_network = 192.168.15.

[security]
plugin = EQEmuAuthCrypto
mode = 5

[Titanium]
port = 5998
opcodes = login_opcodes.conf

[SoD]
port = 5999
opcodes = login_opcodes_sod.conf

[schema]
account_table = tblLoginServerAccounts
world_registration_table = tblWorldServerRegistration
world_admin_registration_table = tblServerAdminRegistration
world_server_type_table = tblServerListType
eqhost
Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=192.168.15.181:5998
query to insert MY DATA into tblworldserverregistration
Code:
INSERT INTO `tblworldserverregistration` (`ServerLongName`, `ServerTagDescription`, `ServerShortName`, `ServerListTypeID`, `ServerLastLoginDate`, `ServerLastIPAddr`, `ServerAdminID`, `ServerTrusted`, `Note`) VALUES ('Jeryd\'s', '', 'Jeryds', 3, '2015-08-17 16:09:30', '192.168.15.181', 0, 0, NULL);
My LAN works just fine with the above settings.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:49 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
I think you just missed my edit:

use "yourDBname";
INSERT INTO `tblworldserverregistration` (`ServerLongName`, `ServerShortName`, `ServerListTypeID`, `ServerLastIPAddr`) VALUES ('yourname', 'yourname', 3, 'yourIP');

* Oh, and only change the text where it says yourname yourip, leave the little quotes. Remove the double quote for yourDBname so it's just use dbname;

Also, except for the login.ini file the format for the IP in those fields should be XXX.XX.X.XXX

Since you have HeidiSQL you don't need to use a query to change a table. Go to the table and play around with it. It's actually quite simple.
OPPS, thats why I'm posting pix. I'm really terrible with these long, detailed querys, I knew I was screwing it up, if I wasn't I'd be killing rats and snakes right now hah.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:25 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

Hey Adrian, your query worked, no errors. Unfortunately it's still not showing up in the serveradminreg box, but its a start.
Quote:
INSERT INTO `tblworldserverregistration` (`ServerLongName`, `ServerTagDescription`, `ServerShortName`, `ServerListTypeID`, `ServerLastLoginDate`, `ServerLastIPAddr`, `ServerAdminID`, `ServerTrusted`, `Note`) VALUES ('Affliction Test Server', '', 'Affliction', 3, '2015-08-17 16:09:30', '192.168.15.181', 0, 0, NULL);
Old 08-18-2015, 04:50 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

I used the query you provided and it worked for me. You can now login to my login server.

Kidding aside, sometimes it may not appear in the table right away because you need to refresh the table. The toolbar at the top near the left side has a button with two small green arrows shaped kinda like ying-yang, on my versionof HeidiSQL. Click that and see if it shows up.

EDIT: I read your reply incorrectly. Disregard my previous.

I don't know if it matters but, I haven't had anything in that table and I can login through my LAN.

Also, and a direct question: Are you paying attention to what that query was supposed to do? INSERT INTO `tblworldserverregistration` - NOT tblserveradmin..blahblah Your response gave me this impression.

Fire it up and see if anything changes.

and change the IP...
Old 08-18-2015, 05:24 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

Far as I know I'm trying to get the server registered, which it has thus far REFUSED to do. I did the query, it was (I think) accepted, I saw the "rows affected" 1, yet it won't actually do it.

Quote:
[Debug] [08.18.15 - 16:23:59] Logging System Init.
[Debug] [08.18.15 - 16:23:59] Config System Init.
[Debug] [08.18.15 - 16:23:59] MySQL Database Init.
[Debug] [08.18.15 - 16:24:00] Encryption Initialize.
[Debug] [08.18.15 - 16:24:00] Encryption Loaded Successfully.
[Debug] [08.18.15 - 16:24:00] Server Manager Initialize.
[Network] [08.18.15 - 16:24:00] ServerManager listening on port 5998
[Debug] [08.18.15 - 16:24:00] Client Manager Initialize.
[Network] [08.18.15 - 16:24:00] ClientManager listening on Titanium stream.
[Network] [08.18.15 - 16:24:00] ClientManager listening on SoD stream.
[Debug] [08.18.15 - 16:24:00] Server Started.
[Network] [08.18.15 - 16:24:02] New world server connection from 192.168.0.13:55848
[Database] [08.18.15 - 16:24:02] Mysql query returned no result: SELECT AccountName, AccountPassword FROM tblServerAdminRegistration WHERE ServerAdminID = 1
[World] [08.18.15 - 16:24:02] Server Affliction Test Server(Affliction) attempted to log in but database couldn't find an entry but unregistered servers are allowed.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:31 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

I edited my comment immediately after posting it initially. You may have not seen it again. I give you credit for being on top of your subscriptions.

Change the IP to your IP in the table that query was referring to.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:42 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

Still no love. This is unreal. Put the entire thing together in 2-3 hours and have spend 5 days on the login. Maybe it got corrupted somehow.