Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-24-2003, 09:03 AM
Dragon
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Guest03
I don't think he was hacked. I think a board admin changed his text so that it wouldn't give away his technique.
I think a board admin would have done a better job, this looks like the work of an adolescent who was hit in the head one too many time while playing dodge ball in P.E. ..

Quote:
You both have been censured (the ban titles) for being too vocal about a technique that should not happen. Don't spread it around.
I had no intention of spreading it around... that's why I was fishing for a response. I assumed only devs would know what I was talking about.

The problem with Tar2k3 is that he has a very high IQ and knows/understands things technically that most adults don't. He has a big heart and wants to help others BUT at 12 years old (he and girlygirl are twins) he doesn't have the life expiriences to make tough ethical/legal decisions like this.

He'll learn.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:18 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

I mistakenly got in trouble a lot when I was a kid too, Dragon. I moved a lot, and from culture to culture, I never really learned the rules. I would have been a lot happier if someone had stopped punishing me long enough to explain the rules. I hope your son knows that he's getting a chance to keep himself clean, and become accepted. Not everyone is lucky enough to get that chance. I'm sure your son and daughter are very bright. I'm sure they have a great future. I'm sure you have a LOT to teach them. If you can train them to be as adept socially as they are in their play and academics, they will have a wonderful time anywhere they go, with whomever they meet. Perhaps these boards will be good for them. I know there are a lot of role models out there.

*tips his hat to those members, whether they know they are role models or not*
Old 06-26-2003, 10:28 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
I mistakenly got in trouble a lot when I was a kid too, Dragon.
Oooooops... that was me, helping a friend set up eqemu on his computer. Forgot he was signed on and not me when I replied.

Quote:
I hope your son knows that he's getting a chance to keep himself clean, and become accepted.
Believe me, he does.

Quote:
If you can train them to be as adept socially as they are in their play and academics, they will have a wonderful time anywhere they go, with whomever they meet.
We're working on that. For the record, Tar2k3 wrote an AVI/MPG player at the age of 9 in COBOL. I didn't tell him it couldn't be done, because I don't believe much of anything can not be done on a computer given enough talent, time and money.

He wants me to teach him C/C++ when we have the server set up the way they want it.

Quote:
*tips his hat to those members, whether they know they are role models or not*
Ditto to that.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:38 AM
Yumaddar
Sarnak

:lol: im not going to say why this is funny because I might get banned myself, but it is!
Old 06-26-2003, 10:44 AM
Yumaddar
Sarnak

"We're working on that. For the record, Tar2k3 wrote an AVI/MPG player at the age of 9 in COBOL. I didn't tell him it couldn't be done, because I don't believe much of anything can not be done on a computer given enough talent, time and money.

He wants me to teach him C/C++ when we have the server set up the way they want it. "

your kid is smart! I wish I was that smart...But I have a very large computer ego because no one know how to use it around here. :lol:
Old 06-26-2003, 10:51 AM
Acolyte
Sarnak

Actually, editing peoples stupid posts about stuff that has already been said MULTIPLE times to be innapropriate is what I LIVE for in life, and it was probably me that did it. What amazes me, though, is that it even got that far... it has been said in about 300 posts that I have locked/edited/deleted that there will be none of this on the boards. Period.
Old 06-26-2003, 03:46 PM
Shawn319
Demi-God

(This is not directed to any particular person, but is for everyone in general)

The EQ files are against the rules and that is final. Posting links, howtos, where to get's or ASKing for the files (directly or indirectly) WILL get your post deleted/edited and CAN get you banned (at moderators discretion).

If you can not follow the rules please leave...

(Retired)EQEmu Lead Tester
(Retired)EQEmu Tech Support

(Retired)Host/ServerOP - [LIVE] Official EQEmu Test Server
(Retired)Host/ServerOP - Shawn319's All-GM Dev Test Server
(Retired)ServerOP - EQEmu Beta Server
(Retired)ServerOP - GuildWars Server
(Retired)ServerOP - Raid Addicts
--------------------------
Old 06-27-2003, 03:00 PM
kieas3
Fire Beetle

im still missing something, the forums for the emulator ban you for trying to get it to work? Hmmm... Oh well, its your house, Ill go by your rules.

What an epithany, is so much easier to cooperate with people that do stuff for free than ones trying to ge tyour money. Bravo
Old 06-30-2003, 04:14 PM
GirlyGirl
Fire Beetle

Thanx. :lol: :P :worship: :!:
Old 06-30-2003, 11:08 PM
Shawn319
Demi-God

just wait for the damn patcher!!!

(Retired)EQEmu Lead Tester
(Retired)EQEmu Tech Support

(Retired)Host/ServerOP - [LIVE] Official EQEmu Test Server
(Retired)Host/ServerOP - Shawn319's All-GM Dev Test Server
(Retired)ServerOP - EQEmu Beta Server
(Retired)ServerOP - GuildWars Server
(Retired)ServerOP - Raid Addicts
--------------------------
Old 07-01-2003, 07:01 AM
dcjoedog
Sarnak

maybe you should take the patcher off the main page and say the game isnt accepting new accounts at the moment, at least this way you can limit the amount of incoming newbies and keep the sanity level to just above water

just my 2cents
Old 07-01-2003, 08:09 AM
Widdles
Fire Beetle

what about those of us who have been here for long time and had to reinstall and cant play now :P
Old 07-01-2003, 08:59 AM
mutombo
Sarnak

i think it would be nice to inform the users about the actual situation on the mainpage.

last time i checked eqemu is 2-3 months ago, but problems with the worlddata and trouble with my job keeped my busy.

Now i have holiday and checked back, happy to see a final worlddb.
serverinstalltion went fine, but it took me some time to realize that it is not possible to play with a fresh installed eqclassic.

Im sure it would be helpful when ppl know that there is no go at the moment with a new installed eq.
Old 07-01-2003, 09:32 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

You may have a point that new users who have patched and cannot use eqemu at this time don't know that they can't play until they ask.

It's always been this way, where you come in and it doesn't work out of the box. We just assume that when people come to ask, and see the exact same error number, and the exact same response over and over, that they will realize that it's not just them having the problem. We don't really cater to the new users very well, and that may be something that should change.

Nobody has offered to create a "modern update" page that keeps people completely informed to the situation of eqemu. Until such a page exists as a living document (dynamic data based on most current and applicable news), it's really hard to keep the new users up to date. A lot of things change suddenly, and I don't think anyone who has the time to do these things has the data to keep it updated.

Would anyone volunteer to keep an up-to-date living applicable news website that could be linked by all new users to explain the most recent changes, and how it affects everyone?
Old 07-01-2003, 11:46 AM
IAbooboo
Fire Beetle

I am new here.. and i really understand this shit is hard as hell. But is there an ETA on the new patcher at all? just want to try it out im dieing to see how this all works.