Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-05-2006, 12:02 AM
wraithlord98
Sarnak

Ah - didn't realize he had been banned - that would explain why I can't send him PM's across the forums.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:36 AM
abaddon
Sarnak

ok... it seems I am no longer banned... (and nope, times up on that 1 sec guess)

as for why I was, could care less... as for being unbanned.. same answer... as for if I get banned again... same again.

but you wont here me complain about things I disagree with anymore either as it obviously doesnt matter.

in other news, I found the most iteresting link concerning the patch.everquest.com URL, but I wonder if I should post it since it gives direct download ability on patches... would that be against TOS since it is literally AT the patch.everquest.com site? (full address withheld due to pending decision)
Old 10-07-2006, 03:43 AM
mattmeck

Just get SOE's ok to post it and use it, then you can post it here.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:45 AM
abaddon
Sarnak

err how would I do that?

here... I'll send you the link info and then you can decide

if its a worthwhile posting link matt, it has updates for all the oldworld, plus planes of power, LoY and Luclin

really it's mostly just s3d files for the most part, but I dunno about you, but it solved issues in my LOGS about my files not being able to find things like grass.s3d and such

Last edited by abaddon; 10-07-2006 at 11:51 AM..
Old 10-14-2006, 04:14 AM
Siiig
Fire Beetle

Sup, i have acouple questions about this EQEmu version and DB.

First, will this DB work with MySql? i noticed you mentioned windows server in the first post.

Second, Can i merge this DB with my current one? or will this make things go crazy?

Third, How can i transport my current account info to this new EMU?
Old 10-14-2006, 05:15 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

This db works fine regarding gameplay and of course it works with mysql .

I would not attempt mergers - it's pretty complicated, and unless you understand the related table structs, you will bork up your db fast.

Next, to transfer account info - assuming the table's structs are the same, then copy the mysql tables to the destination db. Look at the mysql\data\ folders and you'll see what I mean. I routinely do this.

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 10-23-2006, 02:45 AM
abaddon
Sarnak

ok.. time for an update I think...

since we are now up to .866 I have made an 866 release, this release also feature considerably MORE quests, and and many of which have been corrected so that they actually work.

another important thing is that I systematically went through each and every zone drop in the SQL and corrected the placement so that you dont get caught in walls etc.

there is a lot of changes, use it and see what you think.

I should mention however, the new release is using MySQL 4.1.18

Download HERE
Old 11-16-2006, 06:19 AM
abaddon
Sarnak

all future releases have are now being worked on in combination of Cavedude and Angelox, to find the MOST COMPREHENSIVE release using our combined force, check either the Sesmar site or Angelox's site.

the files listed in this thread are still on the server however for those who require them.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:08 AM
wraithlord98
Sarnak

Just a request...

In the future - if possible - please release the files for a public server and not a mini login.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:28 AM
VoyageurCeleste
Fire Beetle

This database is working well with my eqemu ( EQEmu-0.7.0-845 Minilogin with MySQL 5.0.24 ). The only prob i got is the starting zone witch is bugged atm.
All char are starting in Qeynos ( not a really prob but if you wanna start a necro lizard ( wink ! ) ....
So if you have the SQL line to update the good starting places it will be cool.
This apophis look stable ( i have tried a magician in qeynos ). ).
Good job on it btw.

VC
Old 11-29-2006, 05:58 AM
abaddon
Sarnak

Exclamation

Ok... I have had MULTIPLE upon MULTIPLE reports from the less than knowledgable that people just cannot figure out how to correctly setup MySQL to work with the server, or they can't source the files right, or this or that pertaining to MySQL.

so to solve a lot of headaches and/or explanations I have decided to make it foolproof and easy for all the windows users out there.

IF you have already installed MySQL on your system just follow the instructions in the COMMENT file of the RAR in the included link.

IF you have not installed mysql yet:

1.) unarchive the file in the included link to an easy directory (my suggestion is C: but it isnt absolutely necessary)

2.) go to a DOS/COMMAND prompt and navigate to the BIN directory (i.e. C:\MySQL\BIN)

3.) enter the command: mysqld -install

4.) THAT should cover everything.... this post should once and for all KILL any questions regarding MySQL.

-- Abaddon / Erazare

http://rapidshare.com/files/5332208/...QEMU_7.x.x.rar
Old 11-29-2006, 06:35 AM
abaddon
Sarnak

come to think of it... if you download the last release of my apophis edition, and download this foolproof release of MySQL, it is impossible for you to not have a functional server **UNLESS** you screwup on PERL... hmm I need to make something foolproof for that now I guess huh?
Old 11-29-2006, 02:17 PM
wraithlord98
Sarnak

Don't say foolproof - cause you just KNOW I'll manage to throw a monkey wrench into it somehow. lol
Old 11-30-2006, 05:21 AM
abaddon
Sarnak

hmm I noticed that the package I just put up yesterday (the mysql one) has already been downloaded 5 times... so, of you who have taken it, everything ok? any questions? (really shouldnt be, but I'll ask anyway)
Old 12-01-2006, 01:49 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Anyone who uses the term "fool proof" is the proof of fools.

Someone will always f'it up. But cocky is "in". Knock yourself out.