Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-03-2002, 05:22 PM
MiNdLeSsSpAcE
Fire Beetle

if you're absolutely desperate i can help out with making items or placing spawns... or if ya wanna laugh histerically at me, (i know how many people would looooooveee this) i could even dabble in pathing to give your guys cool marching effects or something =P.

like i said... IF you're desperate.
Old 07-03-2002, 05:58 PM
O6scured
Sarnak

you even have the code written off for all of this?
Old 07-03-2002, 06:54 PM
Zio
Hill Giant

Before you start acting like a flamer.

I actually have done alot of it. I'm waiting for a more stable release so I can actually get in and test. And if you have a problem with that, take no interest in my project and leave the idea, It's not much a loss for me if your not here, or anyone. I'm doing this to learn. Why, because maybe I don't know alot of C++ and if you do and your making fun of me; good for you. I don't care.

As for the items, i've already updated them, fixed, renamed, restated them in a version of upgrading, also adding alot more to it. And i'm not desperate for them.

Lata,
-Zi0
Old 07-03-2002, 06:57 PM
Zio
Hill Giant

If your good enough to add marching effects to pathing, I would talk to an op about being a programmer. EverQuest pathing programming is hard.
Old 07-04-2002, 04:49 AM
O6scured
Sarnak

not flamming just asking ... Had my own ideas of mods but not c++ skillz >=)
Old 07-04-2002, 05:17 AM
stormgod
Discordant

just a thought did you finally released your 30 megs quest package ? I was away last month and I was wondering
Old 07-04-2002, 08:44 AM
Zio
Hill Giant

Nope, I asked them to make some commands so I could finish it but I never got a responce in irc or over email, or over... 2 message board posts (guessing they were really busy), I don't like releasing unfinished stuff. Maybe someday when a dev isn't busy and could talk to me about making some more quest commands, i'll fix it up, or I could arrange a time with someone to work on it with some people, because it's not completely all done.

I've also been away for quite some time. I haven't played eq live in a few months so alot has changed, so I dunno if I could finish it myself.

Some commands such as, random timed text. A time trigger when an npc says something in text. Well emoted in white text.

Example:
A Forest Giant stumbles upon a treestump and growls at the pain. (of course thats not one, but their are some out there)

Also there is triggered text events. When you walk over an area or such text appears.

Even the, if you duel in a zone you get DT'd (Necropolis).

There are alot more out and i'd have to compile a list again because I gave up trying to ask them.
Old 07-04-2002, 08:50 AM
Zio
Hill Giant

Hint

This would be a good time for a dev to see this.

I'm not mad at the devs. I'm just dissapointed I spent a few weeks typing out the quests and I like finishing and releasing things that people find useful. Spending more time asking the dev's for some simple commands to finish this then typing it just really put me down.
Old 07-04-2002, 08:54 AM
kathgar
Discordant

What commands do you want? I'll work on them
Old 07-04-2002, 08:57 AM
Zio
Hill Giant

The ones I listed would be very helpful, their is also. Hand in more then one item.

Then reading what character number handed in what item if it needs more then one item, so it saves the information.

Uhhh, there is alot out there I can't think of em all. I'm sure somebody can help me think of some.

Oh yeah, if someone drops an item next to an npc, and they pick it up. They say something like.
" Goody! I find some junk. "
Old 07-06-2002, 11:00 AM
MiNdLeSsSpAcE
Fire Beetle

i'm sure that all of you know of the little bar in freeport with the singing bards... we should have an ogre that sings that one song Homer was singing one episode.. whatever the song is called.
"Yummy yummy yummy I've got love in my tum-my and i feel like lovin' you!"
Old 07-06-2002, 11:39 AM
Zio
Hill Giant

Let's not get off topic.
Old 07-06-2002, 09:18 PM
wurmslayer2k
Hill Giant

Lol kat burger is soo funny :P
Old 07-07-2002, 07:21 AM
MiNdLeSsSpAcE
Fire Beetle

it's not "off topic". he wanted little auto-message things and this could be one.
Old 07-07-2002, 12:34 PM
Zio
Hill Giant

I understand the message.

But no,
The image is a waste of space on the forum.