Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Development

Archive::Development Archive area for Development's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 02-13-2003, 11:37 AM
Valdain
Fire Beetle

Default Interested in helping

To begin, I've been lurking around the boards for a few days and I must say I am very impressed with the progress of EqEmu and the helpful community.

I've been coding for several years now with focus on C++ for the last few. I have experience in VB, C++, and I have 'working' knowledge of SQL. I have been working on creating a smaller Everquest-type game for the last few months. For a quick peak you can see my SourceForge project page at http://<font color="cyan">http://sou...s/caves</font>. (Not much there at the moment)

I have looked at the source for EqEmu and am getting a feel for the project layout. Since getting my own server up and running yesterday, I have been very eager to see this project hit 1.0

I don't have tons of time to work on this due to my 9-to-5, but I can definetly spare a few hours a week to help with this project. At the very least I will probably develop some more robust dbase admin tools for creating worlds on my own. I can be reached at bluenexus@hotmail.com or at blue.nexus@verizon.net. Hope you would like my help.
-Valdain
Old 03-20-2003, 12:37 PM
Arroe
Fire Beetle

i can help out part time. i have school on the weekdays, but weekday evenings i have some time and same on weekends. i don't really have experience with coding, but i got my own server up that i put up sometimes, and i know how to work the admin tool and all that. i played a 57 ranger on live and racked up 80 days with that, plus i read message boards all the time (glade, FoH, safehouse everyonce and a while), so i think i know the game pretty well.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:18 AM
JP
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by image
Cant create graphical interfaces because EQEMu runs off of Win32 and Linux
Actually you can if you use the Qt widgets, a well written app will run on both Win32 and X Windows. You could also do it in tcl/tk (shudder) or java.

And the Qt license issue noted earlier doesnt apply these days as Qt now has a dual licence with LGPL.

back to topic....

I'm intending on looking at some latency reduction hacks once EQEmu works with Win98 again &lt;sigh>
Old 05-16-2003, 08:38 PM
kaldec
Fire Beetle

Default How can I help?

I've been playing around with the emulator and DB for a week or so now, and have had a blast with it. I left EQ over 3 years ago, so it's been fun getting re-aquainted. Classes are done for the year, and I've been trying to think of a good summer project.

I've got some relevant skills - experience in database design and implementation, my C++ isn't the strongest, but I've got a decent amount of experience w/ C and tons of experience in object-oriented API development with Perl.

Ultimately, I'd like to do work on the DB side of things, maybe coming up with a utlility to make it easier to add data, merge databases, and customize gameplay aspects.

In the short term, I'd like to tackle some less ambitious projects to get more aquainted with the internals. I'm not too picky, in fact my only requirement is that I work on an open portion of the project, that will be available to anyone wanting to run a server.

Drop me a note at eqemu@islay.uits.indiana.edu if I can help.
Old 05-17-2003, 06:51 PM
bower12345
Fire Beetle

Very Interested in joining the coding team. Going on about 3 and a half years of C/C++ coding experience with a good 1 yeah in Win32 development. "Knowledge" of sockets and DirectX. If interested, check out my most recent work in progress at: http://cs.wpunj.edu/~bowersom/PeNES/main.html. Once again, Looking forward to hearing from you folks and being interested in taking me aboard. Thanks.

For Latest Info on PeNES, please Visit:
http://cs.wpunj.edu/~bowersom/PeNES/main.html
Old 05-19-2003, 10:35 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

We pick people to become coders when we see they give new code to insert into the emulator, bug fixes, etc.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:53 AM
luvmyhonda
Sarnak

What's your emulator written in? I write in C, some C++, but C's for winners. do a lot of PERL scripting at work, used to write in Pascal and Cobol, lol. been around the scene for a while, hate GUI's, hate Microsoft. If you want my code, well I've written socketed servers, FTP server apps, games, what do you need? Tell me and I'll send you some.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:57 AM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Take a look at our sourcecode (available on CVS) and improve it, fix something, add something,etc.

Any improvements to the network layer would be appreciated Im sure.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:18 AM
luvmyhonda
Sarnak

rockin. i'll do it up man. thx a lot.
Old 09-08-2003, 03:25 AM
afrospy
Sarnak

Default Re;

would like to help u guys i have fun helping in any sort of way and atm i dont have anything to show but i can get u stuff i guess when i can help on a server thx looking forward if iam accepted
Old 09-16-2003, 01:15 AM
Zaphod
Fire Beetle

Default Looking to better coordinate between ShowEQ and EQEmu

Yes, it's me. Zaphod (dohpaZ) from ShowEQ. I'm looking to improve coordination of effort between ShowEQ and EQEmu in both new development and coordinated response to SOE EQ patches (opcode finding, structure updates, etc.).

many of you have seen examples of my code in ShowEQ.

Thanks and Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)