Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Tutorials/Howto's

Archive::Tutorials/Howto's Archive area for Tutorials/Howto's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-09-2004, 07:46 AM
Vinamuss
Fire Beetle

Default error

ok.. ive got server to where it is all connecting.. done this guide all the way throught.. everything works out with no errors.. sept when i try and log in .. once i enter eqemu in as name and pass it says eqgame.exe has crashed.. performed illegal operation whichever.. i have tried to log in through a different computer.. with eqhost.txt like this....

[Registration Servers]
{
"serversinternalip:5999"
}
[LoginServers]
{
"serversinternalip:5999"
}

from what ive checked ports are right .. same as my login.ini (so should work) ever other file.. db.ini, boot5zones.ini all set up to what this guide says.. have downloaded everything.. dunno what to do next.. am on xp.. other comp is on 98.. if that helps..

any help at all is GREATLY appreciated thanx!!
Old 06-09-2004, 04:43 PM
Virus11
Discordant

You can just set everything to localhost.

Old 06-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Vinamuss
Fire Beetle

Default umm....??

ok.. for 1.. why would it matter if i used internal ip or localhost. or 127.0.0.1 , 2 im talkin about another computer trying to log into the server.. the server computer is set to localhost, 3 how in the world does that have anything to do with what i was asking for??

come on man u wrote the guide.. help me out a lil?...
Old 06-10-2004, 12:15 AM
Pyrix
Sarnak

If another pc tries to login into yours you
Old 06-10-2004, 01:26 AM
Vinamuss
Fire Beetle

Default hmm

what if i don't have a lan ip?.. im on a hub =/
Old 06-10-2004, 01:36 AM
Pyrix
Sarnak

plz no automatic ip ... plz change it to 192.168.1.20 or so on on both pcs and do subnetmask 255.255.255.0
Old 06-10-2004, 07:11 AM
Vinamuss
Fire Beetle

Default ...

im completely confused on what your talkin about.. lmao .. please translate to , dumbass english version =) lmao
Old 06-10-2004, 10:11 AM
Vinamuss
Fire Beetle

Default ...

ok .. tyo many problems going on at once lol.. ok im going to explain as best i can so that u understand and maybe can help me out

on this computer i went through and did this guide to the T .. everytyhing exact.. yet when i try and login my eqgame.exe crashes.. plz if anybody knows why please help / pyrix/ virus especially considering u guys are smart =P..

my other thing i tryed tho i was talkin about is on my other comp i put in the server's internal ip to try and connect to the server as the eqhost.txt.. can't remember exactly but i think its

[registration servers]
{
"host=internalip:5999"
}

[loginservers]
{
}

yes the 5999/port is same as the servers login.ini port is set to.. but when i tryed to login it said connecting to server, and then said could not connect may need to chekc internet connectivity. also if u know anything about problem 2 plz help
Old 06-11-2004, 07:39 AM
Pyrix
Sarnak

Default Re: ...

Quote:
[registration servers]
{
}

[loginservers]
{
}
Completly Wrong!

There are 2 possibilities:

You have Everquest-Europe :

[Login Servers]
{
"eqemulator.net:5995"
}

You have Everquest-Normal:

[Login Servers]
Host=eqemulator.net:5995
Old 06-13-2004, 11:41 AM
sianyde
Sarnak

I just acquired a copy of the pre-May 18th patch eqmain.dll. I can login to my server and access the accounts w/o issue. When I attempt to create a character, world.exe crashes with "This character is not a valid Guild Wars Character". Is there a workaround for this.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:52 PM
IAQueiz
Fire Beetle

Default Login Server not found

I first start up Minilogin.exe with no problems, then World.exe and then the Boot5zones.bat. All load perfectly with no errors. I changed my eqhost.txt file to match my IP address and port 5999. Also have madesure that the loginserver.ini file is looking for my ip for loginserver on port 5999. However dispite all of these files being double checked and tripple checked. When I got on eq through the patchme method. It gets to the login screen. Enter the password and everything. Then it just sits there and trys to connect to login server. And finally Says it can't connect. Is there a newer version of minilogin to use or am I missing something somewhere? Thanks!
Old 06-14-2004, 08:15 AM
LazerBoy2030
Sarnak

Default Hmm.... I have this trouble with every minilogin guide i use

Ok... this is my 3rd minilogin guide i have used. But i still have the same problem... when i run Minilogin.exe it says

Quote:
[LoginConfig] block not found in LoginServer.ini.
MiniLoginAccounts.ini read.
Server mode: Standalone
Login server listening on port:5999
Thats the only problem i have ever had with this method of playing EMU. And it gets tiresome. Since it says LoginServer.ini... Im guessing the problem is with the loginserver.ini file...

Quote:
# READ README.TXT
[LoginServer]
loginserver=127.0.0.1
loginport=5999
worldname=Bobs
worldaddress=127.0.0.1
locked=false

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=0
Unavailzone=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Standalone
ServerPort=5999
UplinkAddress=
UplinkPort=
UplinkAccount=
UplinkPassword=

[chatchannelserver]
chatserver=127.0.0.1
Thats exactly what it says, nothing was left out. At first i just had
Quote:
# READ README.TXT
[LoginServer]
loginserver=127.0.0.1
loginport=5999
worldname=Bobs
worldaddress=127.0.0.1
locked=false
in my LoginServer.ini but then i read some extra posts and it showed the ini file with more stuff on there and i tryed adding that to see if it would work... But still i get the

Quote:
[LoginConfig] block not found in LoginServer.ini.
MiniLoginAccounts.ini read.
Server mode: Standalone
Login server listening on port:5999

Please tell me what im doing wrong
Old 06-14-2004, 08:19 AM
Derision
Developer

You likely have a space at the end of the line in LoginServer.ini that has [LoginConfig] on it. Delete the space and that error should go away.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:24 AM
LazerBoy2030
Sarnak

Default Ok

Wow thank you my good man. that was the problem. at first it didnt work... But then i went and deleted all of the spaces after the brackets...

Thanks a bunch