Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 12-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Uleat
Developer

If you're testing on a back-up, just upgrade them. (You can try it on both, if you like..that will provide feedback on whether this change works or not )

If you previously ran it on a live database and fixed it manually, do not mess that one up

I still don't know what is causing the issue..which makes trouble-shooting it even harder...

The '9000' script is supposed to install/update..depending on the current state of your database.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 12-06-2015, 09:32 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

when i use the updater it just closes right after i select 4. also tried manual, no go on upgrading. I'll try removing bots from db and sourcing in.

Edit: Just tried DB without bots loaded using Updater (closes when I select 4) and using manual sourcing but I get the same error with the DB not existing for those 4 lines.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:25 PM
Uleat
Developer

'DB not existing' is an odd message... I'll have to check DATABASE()'s usage..but, it should work.

That would explain the failures, though (if it's not reporting the current database correctly)

Compilin' Dirty
Old 12-06-2015, 10:54 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

It's acting like it fails to create the 4 tables and just fails the rest of the script because of those problems.

And I may have worded the db not existing wrong I just glanced at it but it looked like the same ones as these

ERROR 1136 (21S01) at line 675: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 735: Table 'peq.bot_data' doesn't exist
ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 755: Table 'peq.bot_groups' doesn't exist
ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 768: Table 'peq.bot_data' doesn't exist
ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 779: Table 'peq.bot_guild_members' doesn't exist

So as an added note this was done manually because the updater did not work at all with the new sql that was posted. The script seems to work but once it hits that snag it fails to create the remaining tables and is incomplete.

Edit #500,231 So I just looked at this perticular topic has almost 350 views so I can't be the only one with this problem lol. Sorry uleat don't mean to make you do more work than you already have which is a shit ton by this point lol.

Edit #500,232 I may just wipe the whole database and just download a fresh one and try that
Old 12-07-2015, 12:03 AM
Uleat
Developer

The four 700-series errors are due to the table references used in the views - tables that were failed to be created due to a failure within the 'LoadBotsSchema()' procedure.

Those you can ignore because it's understood why the errors are being triggered.

The line 675 error is actually the line in the script that calls the procedure.

I'm pretty certain I know why it's failing..but, not the cause of it.

There are code checks in place to look for existing column names..then, if found, an import is performed.

That's to address different incarnations of bot schema.

For some reason, either the code block criteria is triggering an error, or a false positive is returned and the import is triggering on a non-existent column name.
(Just not sure which atm since I can't replicate the condition.)

EDIT: I'm still looking into alternative code block criteria. In the mean time, I need to write-up how to apply that manually from update failure to end.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 12-07-2015, 12:56 AM
Nightrider84
Discordant

I understood about half of what you said lol. But I get the jist of it. Yeah I don't know why the update is causing the automatic updater to just crash thats whats confusing me. you know besides the sql not want to do its job heh.