Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 03-11-2004, 11:08 AM
nilar
Hill Giant

I havn't tested them all but I've noticed most wood elf/combos crash world.exe. There is a fix here that tofuwarrior posted but when I tried correcting this I kept getting an error when compiling

Nilar Nightwolf- SaltyBoogers Non Legit ServerOp
Ascendra Custom Legit ServerOp
GM-Mgmt Jezebells Everquest Server
Senyen of the Abyss [65 Forest Stalker] Dil's World
Old 03-11-2004, 11:10 AM
Jezebell
Discordant

I think RexChaos was doing some testing with race/class combos, not sure if he has a list or anything.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:22 AM
nilar
Hill Giant

Yeah Rex could probably tell you. He was the first person who really tested my binaries out.

Old 03-12-2004, 01:34 AM
KhaN
Dragon

Link broken for 5.5DR1 binaries :(
Cant download any 5.5DR1 binaries, links broken too in this Tuto http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/vie...45a24cbe29bbe1

Any solutions ? :p
Old 03-12-2004, 02:08 AM
Tertiary
Hill Giant

OK, here is a link to a set I compiled with VS NET 2003.

www.rama.demon.co.uk/5.5DR1VSNETBinaries.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilar
I havn't tested them all but I've noticed most wood elf/combos crash world.exe
I created a wood-elf ranger and wood-elf warrior with no problems with these binaries (without TofuWarrior's fix).
Old 03-12-2004, 02:35 AM
RexChaos
Dragon

Woohoo! DAMN! Why must I be at work no?!?! Grrr....I wanna go home and try these out.
Old 03-12-2004, 02:58 AM
RexChaos
Dragon

My list of areas I COULD start a character in with Nilar's world.exe are:

Halas
Erudin
Neriak
Kaladim
Gukta

Oggok, Freeport (east), Surefall Glade, Kelethin, Felwithe, Ak'Anon, Rivervale, and Cabilis ALL crash upon creation.

I didn't try every race/class combo, but it appears to be zone related as far as I can tell. I'll keep trying if these new ones from Tertiary don't fix it.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:21 AM
KhaN
Dragon

/bow Tertiary

Btw, i get a 1017 error when trying to connect, guess its normal since i installed a fresh EQ and have to do an update :/ I'm correct and i will have to wait a new EQemu version/fix or i'm wrong and i have missed something in the configuration of EQEmu (Dont say me im wrong, i start to have a ...bip... headache :p
Old 03-12-2004, 09:45 AM
nilar
Hill Giant

Nice tertiary, I added it to the links on the first post. Although I cant figure out why my world.exe is having problems when compiling. I always use this setup when compiling. Maybe its outdated?

Old 03-12-2004, 09:54 AM
Tertiary
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilar
Although I cant figure out why my world.exe is having problems when compiling.
Are you getting errors when compiling world ?

Those binaries were built in 'Release' configuration while yours seem to have been built as 'Debug', though I don't think that should make any difference.

(Menu option Build/Configuration Manager then select Release in the Active Solution Configuration drop down box in VS NET 2003).
Old 03-12-2004, 10:05 AM
nilar
Hill Giant

Nope no errors.

And I'll try switching it to Release, that could be a problem.

Old 03-12-2004, 10:13 AM
RexChaos
Dragon

Tertiary...I bow before your greatness. My server now works as it should. Thank you very much. Thanks to Nilar, Jez, Ripmage, and everyone else who did troubleshooting to get binaries out for 5.5.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:05 PM
slambs
Fire Beetle

hi guys,

been keeping an eye on the progress and performed a bit of testing on the great anount of work everyone has been doing. all I can say is I'm impressed!

I found a few things that others have picked up on - writing spells to the spell book, using containers - requires the user to log out and back in before they can do much else.

Something else is zoning while on a horse - crashes the zone the player is moving to and continues crashing when they try to log that char back in. Tried it with a couple of horses and same result.

I am enjoying learning the finer details of EQEMu from exploring what you guys (as a community) have done with the binaries and the database. And now I am off to checkout how to get the quest system to work.

Again, impressive work guys, and a big THANK YOU to all those who have spent their time slaving away at it.

Slambs