Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:15 AM
houdeano
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by boweq View Post
i may try to find my titanium discs
Do so it will be worth it, Alot of work is going into the server and Leet is open to suggestions on ways to constantly improve!

he's spent countless hours doing spells/armor progression etc.

Kael/Thurg/Skyshrine armor now available with quest mobs now vendors selling completed peices from 1k-13k or so which will really help new players hit the ground running.

Many tweeks in epics are happening.

Epic 1, is available for 0 at level 1, (including procs/clicks)
Leetsauce charm available at level 1 for 0. (Gate clicky and great stats)
Leetsauce Pack is very handy at 1000pp (reduces weight of coin, a MUST, you will be collecting many thousand PP)
Skills and spells available with just a 'Hail'

Heres a suggestion on level progression, I used a x2 Pal x2 Zerk x1 Shaman Bot team up until 60 or so.

1-10 Crushbone
10-20 Runnyeye
20-30 SolA
30-40 SolB / Crystal Caverns
40-50 Sebilis / Velketor / Karnor
50-55 Howling Stones / Kael / Temple Veeshan
55-60 Temple Veeshan / Kael / Perhaps Sleepers (nice PP loot)
60-70 Pofire / Bastion of thunder / Vex Thal / Ssra temple / Time

AA Farming - Using Lesson of the Devoted, Hack through the Potime Phases, or send your bots wild in Riftseekers for upto 140AA's in 30minutes or so.

Ive been around since very early. alot has changed, still ALOT more to achive!

Find myself, Artful in game, and ill no doubt help you out some
Old 01-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Not just to bump, but also to share some recent happenings with the server:

Spells are being revamped, and balanced. Cleric, Paladin, Sk, and every discipline spellset is done and as always everything else is ALWAYS a work in progress. Warrior/Sk/Pally get Defensive/Evasive at 52. These disciplines have been altered to make them a little less OP(comparatively to most servers where I have used the discs) Most cast times on most spells, and disciplines, I foresee each class casting will have a very low cast time, and anything that had a longer recast time than 10 minutes was dropped to 10, including timers for things like Harm Touch and Improved Harm Touch and Lay on Hands and Improved Lay on Hands(yes you can change aa recast timers and have it work appropriately, just takes some time digging through the DB). The values of each of those 2 skills listed above have been drastically altered to make it worthwhile to press the button every 10 minutes (which is what the recast timer is on HT/LoH - obviously I liked eq2 Harm Touch more than eq1's version) Ideally x class will be able to do as much damage and/or heal as y class as long as they're similar in level, and gear across the board while at the same time maintaining their own class specialties as most things here archetypal. The trickier of the spell revamps will be things that are not directly related to nuking or healing. Dots and hots have their own formula as opposed to a similarly leveled instant heal or nuke. Foci will be after I finish all class spells / discs. There will be 100% mods(i.e. 100% heal focus for instant heals only, 100% fire damage focus for instant, and then one for fire dots, etc) to spells eventually while keeping in mind this is a level 70 cap server. Then I will do pets (once I figure out how to do it like Hunter did it) Some refinement will take process in between steps and during.

Prices are being changed on a few odds and ends and epics, etc. Epics(1.5+) are way underpriced and will be revamped and repriced. 1.0 are decent and put you at a decent starting point along with the gate charm I have given.

Back to the spells for a sec, I have a custom spell file(visit my forum and register) but was originally the out of the box copy of titanium's spell file which means (I believe, unless I convert to SoF spellfile(which I'll do research on first before asking questions or performing actions) that I am limited to how many spells I can have in my spells.table. Therefore I'm working with a limited workspace with limited material, but I WILL make this happen exactly as I'm explaining.

Enough on that. I post changelogs almost daily on my forums which are at:

http://leetsauce-server.proboards.com/index.cgi (thank you, Deano!)

You should come give this server a shot. It gives the sense of accomplishment like back in the olden days for me. (love using olden in a sentence, correctly or not) I also like the fact that I get that "Selling Thurgadin faction monk suit of armor at t2(or in modern days diamond hub of red side of bazaar)

I always appreciate any and all feedback and I think most people who have played and are willing to post could and would attest to that, so if you end up giving it a shot, and finding something that you don't like about the server - WE will figure out a resolution together.

P.S. I do not condone using 1 set of zones to do leveling in(He made a pretty good road map for you though imo). I called it Sandbox originally because I want it to be exactly that. I want people to grind or farm or both where ever their heart tells them to, but occasionally stumble over a person selling good armor, or finding an item worth tons of money so they can go to the market to purchase newer/better armor.

Custom content: There is a little. Decently tuned (wish people who played would give me more feedback about custom post-PoP content I have created so I could make it better/more user friendly (mostly GoD - OoW, but most do not know which zones I am ever working on)

Post-PoP zones with crazy xp mods will be toned down. So for existing players: you better farm while you have the chance, because it will not be that good ever again. 420aa's, though I enjoy the number, per hour is a bit crazy.

With that being stated: some things like epics, xp rates, xp bonuses, etc are going to be modified probably in a downward motion (slower xp). The trick here is to make it fast enough to keep you interested during those hell levels, but making it to where you can't go from level 1 to max everything in a week.

I would like to see a 24 hour playtime to get from 1 to 70, but that may be teetering on one side of the balance listed above.

-Leet
Old 02-14-2013, 08:35 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Just wanted to bump this and let everyone know server is back up, stable, and better than before.

Everything is a bit more balanced.

I feel like I lost a lot of the interest in playing on the server when the host-PC went kapoot, so I figured bumping this to let everyone know that we are good to go on all fronts was a good idea.

P.s. download the spellfile if you play. You won't be disappointed.