Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

If you want in, you better log in soon, otherwise I am closing it when I'm done working for the night.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Server up and rebooted for those who want to log in for BETA testing, and only for the purpose of testing.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Also sorry for the multi-post, but there's been a EQemu-wide related crash regarding factions that I killed the faction ID's on the Undead Norrath zone that you first zone into that was causing constant crashes. That should be gone, sorry for the inconvenience.

Also the status check is being buggy between locked and unlocked so if your character is not getting in, PM me here or on my site or post here.

Trying to get to the bottom of the odd error locking out people who are logging out, please standby.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:13 PM
tandava108
Fire Beetle

Hey, thank you for opening up your server to us. Really look forward to playing. However, when I get hit by the main NPC at the starter zone and then it loads to go into Befallen. I get a visual c++ runtime error. Do you have any idea what this could be caused by?

All other servers work fine. I tried updating my drivers, reinstalling visual c++ library, reinstalling everquest titanium and still get this error.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Yep, I just got done taking a breather from it all because it's been causing me issues all day, going to be re consolidating my database and then opening it back up and probably going to have people skip the Befallen stage because Befallen on my server has pretty much been a huge PITA the whole time. I honestly haven't liked Befallen, so I'm probably going to change the starter zone to Unrest (Undead Reasons).

Also, Befallen is probably the ugliest part of the whole server so I will be forwarding testers to Hall of Heroes until I create Unrest. Until then, I will be taking those accounts that have been trying to log in, and wipe characters, while in turn you can all start in.

Sorry for the unfortunate and small error that shot down all the anticipation, will be back up shortly. But keep in mind this is still testing period.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:36 PM
tandava108
Fire Beetle

Thumbs up

Thanks for the response. I wasn't sure if it was just my client. Nice to know more information. No hurry, I look forward to it when the changes have been made.

Thank you for putting your time and effort into making a great server.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:05 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Yeah, I'm leaving it open to BETA for tonight, I just sliced Befallen, so you go straight to level 15 and to HoH. For whatever reason Befallen crashes EverQuest Titanium clients, so you have two themes to play in for now and that's Blackburrow/Qeynos and Cazicthule.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:53 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Here are some upcoming theme previews that are mostly done we just need to do touch ups because there is a ton of detail to add in via mobs, items, scripts, interactions, objects etc.

Also have Age of the Snake here but there's an image cap and I'm not going to flood the boards with images...
Old 03-04-2010, 05:13 AM
nazgard
Fire Beetle

This server is going to be fucking amazingly epic! cant wait!!
Old 03-04-2010, 09:59 PM
bardkelgar
Fire Beetle

So far, this server is looking great. Akkadius has a busy schedule, but still manages to address issues as needed, and the idea that an emu server actually has a decent custom plotline brewing is pretty cool in my opinion
Old 03-05-2010, 02:56 AM
sirgoladith
Fire Beetle

Just so you guys know, the accounts that have logged in so far while it has been open, are able to log in now when the server is locked. I was tasked by Akk to share that with you all.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:48 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Akkadius has asked me to take over with content development for a tiny bit while he finishes up a ton of RL-priorities.

The same quality is to be expected from me as it is him for this server. I will be working on and off and you may see me on when you are on the server.

PS: akkadius, my phone died then I fell asleep again. I'm not gonna let you down.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:46 AM
Dunnagan
Fire Beetle

Default excited...

Well I've only been reading about this for about a day and...looks like you have another on the bandwagon.

First eqemu server I played on was discord, YEARS ago
Old 03-11-2010, 02:39 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Working on the next theme tonight and once that's done we should be up and running here for the next few themes and be getting quite a bit closer.

Also, new site. Click my sig logo
Old 03-15-2010, 11:49 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

So ya'll thought I was going to dwindle based on the massive amount of work I'm putting into this, nope, not one bit.

Actually got about 3 more themes (means quite a bit of content) pretty much done, and going to be revamping the intro to make sense with our story.

If you'd like to come in (I'm leaving it up for the night), the Hub is a little bare, but I assure you the themes are ready to rock. I am going to go through the next few themes, then construct the beginning to be way different than your typical server intro (plans already laid out) then we'll be knocking out our Velious as well as raid content.

Plans for the Velious themes...

Me and my writer (Now don't think because I'm the only one constructing this stuff at the time that it's going to lack) have been laying out what we're going to be doing and the angles we're going to be cutting at before we hit up Velious. But the general idea is that we're going to be taking an approach that still appears challenging but still is reasonable as its towards the high end of the levels (90-110)

The theme will be expressing Coldain and Kael in their own respective views before Tormax and Dain took their positions. You will selectively be able to take the position of either Kael or Coldain to recieve different rewards. The ideal in both is that you will lead an army of NPC's into another mass...

For example in the Dain/Coldain conflict, you will lead a unit and construct it yourself, given the option between different classes for each of your Coldain will ultimately have partial influence on your victory.

As far as server-specific details on execution, you're going to have to play it, there's too much to explain here when you can just see it for yourself. The raid/group system will be very unique, and will tailor to both softcore and hardcore-objective like players...

From people who have seen the work all up until the way it's done will vouch that it is very thorough and you should expect the same as it comes.

If you have any questions PM me or post here.