Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Server Code Submissions

Old 06-22-2008, 03:47 AM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayer View Post
i am conplitly confused.... did you guys released NEW package of .maps for the server????

cuase I keep seeing "overwright sd3 and egg..." arent those client files????
someone PLEASE enlighten me =)
The new package of .maps is for the server. Azone reads the .S3D and .EQG files from the client and uses the information in them to generates the .map files which you then copy into the Maps directory on your server. Nothing is actually changed or added on the client side of things.

If people are saying 'overwrite s3d and eqg', what they mean is overwrite the .map files generated from the .s3d and .eqg files.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:00 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

ah thank you much i was getting so confused, i see a couple links posted for downloads- which one is the latest one?
Old 06-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
ah thank you much i was getting so confused, i see a couple links posted for downloads- which one is the latest one?
Go to Rathe Forums and download "New updated map pack" this should have everything included, void the fixed arena PVP zones, but that's a quick download posted here at the forums.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:52 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

thanks Angelox.
I am trying to register at your site but I am getign an error "your email is invalid" =)
Old 06-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
thanks Angelox.
I am trying to register at your site but I am getign an error "your email is invalid" =)
Ok let me check it out -
Old 06-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

ChaosSlayer check your PM
Old 06-22-2008, 01:55 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

ok i got the files, but when i try to open them with Winzip I get an error - unable to open after reading 0 entries.

thought .tar is supose to work with winzip... (updated it too just now)
any sugestions?
Old 06-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
ok i got the files, but when i try to open them with Winzip I get an error - unable to open after reading 0 entries.

thought .tar is supose to work with winzip... (updated it too just now)
any sugestions?
I use WinRAR and that opens tar.gz files OK. I don't know about winzip.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:03 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

ah thanks - rar works great!

ok final question.

does new maps made for both new/old nektulus/Lava?

I been told that new nektulus is somehow broken? or is working now?

also new lava seem to be nicer than old one

so I am trying to figure which are which

one more question- where do water maps go? soem place as other maps?
Old 06-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Download the eqg map pack and overwrite with the new map you want - the full map pack defaults to whatever zone is currently working with the present databases.
I think if you want the new Lava or Nect, then you have to spawn it and fix zonelines
watermaps go in with the /Maps
Old 06-22-2008, 02:19 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

so there is no .map for new lava?

by spawn you mean - mobs? mobs i don't realy care for since i will redoing them anyway from scratch

and any idea on how to create new zone lines? since new lava has like 2 extra zone outs?

thanks =)
Old 06-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
so there is no .map for new lava?
by spawn you mean - mobs? mobs i don't realy care for since i will redoing them anyway from scratch
and any idea on how to create new zone lines? since new lava has like 2 extra zone outs?
thanks =)
I'm not sure exactly how the maps work - but I kept older, S3d converted maps where old/already spawned zones exist.
But the newer eqg converted maps are posted at the Rathe too. You could get whatever map you wanted, and overwrite what you have now.
As for zonelines, that's probably hard coded in the client, so unless Titanium client has the provisions for them, it may not work.
If I were doing the zone, I wouldn't waste much time on trying to figure it out (I'm a C++ dummy), I'd use invisible "NPC zoners ", they work just as good, and that way I could get on with spawning the zone.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

First, let me "elaborate" on that zone line thing - maybe the new zone lines are coded into the new maps?

All the map are new (s3d or eqg), because Derision has updated Azone with more features, read this thread from the start, and you'll see. Azone also makes/includes more eqg maps (the newer zones don't use s3d, only eqg), and improves what was there too- so all the maps are improved.

This was a reply to a post I thought I saw here from you Chaos, but its' gone now.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:54 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
I'd use invisible "NPC zoners ", they work just as good, and that way I could get on with spawning the zone.
aye thats what i was thinking

I just tested few things around.

the NEW Lava seem to load ok, the zoning from new lava to old zones (SolA, Nektulus) work fine. the zoning into new DoN zones don't work (not realy important however)

of course I am most concern for LOS - if there is no LOS map for new Lava it won't be playable

among the maps I got of your site- there is only ONE .map for Lava and its NOT in the eqg package so i assume its the OLD Lava LOS .map? (there is no another Lava map in the eqg package)

there is also only ONE nektulusa.map - which is assume is NEW nektulos.
there is nektulus map in the "newmaps"
Old 06-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post
First, let me "elaborate" on that zone line thing - maybe the new zone lines are coded into the new maps?
The .map files have no zone line information in them, purely geometry for Line-of-Sight and BestZ calculations.

The .wtr (water map files) do include areas that are marked as zone lines in the S3D files, however this information is currently not used by the server (and is not complete enough to use, i.e. it is just marked in the .wtr file as a zone line, with no information as to which zone it leads to).

The client may however use the zone line information from the S3D for deciding when to ask the server to move it to a new zone. It's not an area I've looked at.