Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-08-2006, 06:24 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Hmm? maybe the problem was on my end. My Sister try to get on and couldnt log in so I tried to restart the comp and now it wont even go to bios.
I think Im going to pull the pci RAID card in it. I think thats it. Processor must be fine. It sits at blinking cursor.

OK so I guess Forbidden_Zone is down for awhile..I guess Ill have to make some time to fix this..Sorry..
Old 01-08-2006, 06:43 AM
gottasummer
Discordant

Reminds me of my laptop, how I miss it, it should arrive soon, I had to sent it out to be fixed, a month and a half so far..... motherboard failed.

Anyway, I know this is off topic and all, but I have a gig of additional RAM sitting up on the cornor of my desk for it... excited to get it in, used to enjoy playing EQ on it while taking notes, and I will admit, even though its only 1.5GHZ with 1.3GB RAM, it sure did a good job at compiling programs, and rendering images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Zauis
Hmm? maybe the problem was on my end. My Sister try to get on and couldnt log in so I tried to restart the comp and now it wont even go to bios.
I think Im going to pull the pci RAID card in it. I think thats it. Processor must be fine. It sits at blinking cursor.

OK so I guess Forbidden_Zone is down for awhile..I guess Ill have to make some time to fix this..Sorry..
Old 02-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default Server Back Up!

Hey all..Sorry I was down for awhile..I got really busy on another project and didnt have time to fix things.
Anyway..Im running nonlegit for time being..Im playing on PEQ to check out the new advances..Wouldnt it be cool to have luclin and to be able to use bazaar properly? Bazaar not so much for my server but I would play alot more on PEQ just to trade at bazaar!

OK..I hope I can find time to improve my server soon..Seeya..
Old 02-02-2006, 06:04 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default ?

Quote:

When all else fails you can always shove coins in the usb port like I do.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 02-05-2006, 12:45 PM
xvirus2501
Fire Beetle

I would love to play your server Dr. but unfortantely I am un able sense I have current EQlive and EQemu not being compatible at or after 9/13

"4 points towards score, 2 points towards code"
Old 02-09-2006, 11:34 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdabbs65
When all else fails you can always shove coins in the usb port like I do.
LOL..Maybe Ill buy a Mobo with RAID..Or buy a good UPS and never let it shut down again.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:35 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvirus2501
I would love to play your server Dr. but unfortantely I am un able sense I have current EQlive and EQemu not being compatible at or after 9/13
Thanks..And I hope you can find a solution to your problem.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:54 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default New Commands Enabled!

Hi all..
I have enabled a few commands for players to make the Nonlegit mode of my server more enjoyable!
#Setxp..You can set your level with this command!
#Flymode..Enables one to fly like a bird! LOL
#Gmspeed..Way faster than the fastest Bard speed!
#Makepet..Anyone can have a pet! Race numbers can be found in wiki or in the EQemu guidebook..I just use global models like Cazic_Thule #95 or Werewolf #14
#Attack Cause an npc to attack another npc or pc! I am going to check to see if I can enable the command to show the real names of npcs and races.

OK..Have fun all! And as for the Semilegit mode I intend to try to convert my DB to be compatible with PEQ database and upgrade the server but for now its on the back burner. But I intend to keep players info so that whoever has been playing will not lose all they have worked for.

Thanks for playing! Doctor_Zaius..
Old 02-18-2006, 11:44 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Due to the fact that Im getting alot of zone.exe crashes lately Im now booting 12 zones instead of 8. I just took a peek at the server and there were only 2 zones up! So I hope I wont have to restart again for awhile.
Also..Now that we can see on server select the total users logged in to server I see that the linkdead players always remain logged in. When I reach 25 players I will restart the server. I think Im going to have to learn C++ so that I can try to make a way to log out the players if they go linkdead or dont move for 20 minutes or so.

Also..I think I will try a server on Win98se to see if it works any better. If not
maybe I will scrap Windows and learn linux. Or whatever it takes to stop the crashing.

Finally..I have enabled the command #npcstats. I think that will give the info for the mobs race and real name to use for the #makepet command and #attack command.

Things to do.. List my server in the wikki. Learn Apache and set up a website for the server. Learn as much as I can about computers communicating on the internet and security. I dont know very much about it as I have only had a modern computer for 3 or 4 years now and Im still looking for the cassette player! LOL!

Thanks for playing! Dr_Zauis..
Old 02-19-2006, 12:06 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Some advices (if can help)

Make Many virtual memory (if you have 512 mo take 1go VM)
Don't forget to set in the database, the holdzone parameter to 1 (Zone crashed restart automatic if possible)
Don't use Windows98 for server, prefer windows2000/xp or if you can't make other thing Windows98se.
Eqemu is better stable on linux than windows.
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:24 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfedia
Some advices (if can help)

Make Many virtual memory (if you have 512 mo take 1go VM)
Don't forget to set in the database, the holdzone parameter to 1 (Zone crashed restart automatic if possible)
Don't use Windows98 for server, prefer windows2000/xp or if you can't make other thing Windows98se.
Eqemu is better stable on linux than windows.
Thanks Belfadia..I have 1gig and nothing but what I need to run the server on the OS so I think thats OK.

Yes I have the autostart feature on but it dont restart when crash. Or maybe its not on for some reason. I will check variables in database to make sure.

I guess I go linux then....I will try to do this sometime this Summer..LOL
Old 02-19-2006, 01:24 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Hehe, put eqemu on linux isn't very hard, i make it and i don't know linux before
I'm remember a eqemu windows version on 0.6.0 DR3 making crash like you :(
Never find a solution :(
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:45 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfedia
Hehe, put eqemu on linux isn't very hard, i make it and i don't know linux before
I'm remember a eqemu windows version on 0.6.0 DR3 making crash like you :(
Never find a solution :(
OK..I did have the holdzones set to 1 so maybe it dont work with Serverpack2. I know what its supposed to do cause I had it working when I was using PEQ database and the devs release server and/or SP1.(6.1)

Now..FYI..With SP1 or Devs release I could easily boot zone.exe and have no crashes. However when I booted zoneperl.exe it crash everytime I hail an npc that normally have no response. No crashing if I hail npc that have something to say.

SP2 have something different. I have zone.exe and no zoneperl.exe however
its zone.exe load some perl commands so I seem to get quests without crash most times but once in great while it crash.

So I know right now(Or 99% sure)that if I(maybe by changing default quest plugin or something)made it so all npcs had some kind of response like "Go away dont bother me" then zoneperl.exe will probably never crash and I could use devs release again.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:55 AM
rojadruid
Discordant

Quote:
OK..I did have the holdzones set to 1 so maybe it dont work with Serverpack2. I know what its supposed to do cause I had it working when I was using PEQ database and the devs release server and/or SP1.(6.1)

Now..FYI..With SP1 or Devs release I could easily boot zone.exe and have no crashes. However when I booted zoneperl.exe it crash everytime I hail an npc that normally have no response. No crashing if I hail npc that have something to say.

SP2 have something different. I have zone.exe and no zoneperl.exe however
its zone.exe load some perl commands so I seem to get quests without crash most times but once in great while it crash.

So I know right now(Or 99% sure)that if I(maybe by changing default quest plugin or something)made it so all npcs had some kind of response like "Go away dont bother me" then zoneperl.exe will probably never crash and I could use devs release again.
Using the latest binarries from FNW from the download link and doing all the changelog things is working fine have not had any zoneperl.exe crash's in awhile.

Innoruuk Server [legit]
Server Admin.
Server Status: UP
Old 02-24-2006, 02:33 AM
BloodRayne
Fire Beetle

Default Can you add these commands

These commands will make spell hunting a bit easier for people who don't know where to get all the spells..#sribespells and also for people who want all their skills at 255 #setallskills...I play on your server and i like it alot...it's just hard to find all the spells and also it takes a lot of time to perfect your skills. My Main chars on your server are Bloodrayne and Jetus...If you could do this, it would be a lot of help.

Thanks,
Bloodrayne