Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Chuteboxe
Fire Beetle

Any reason my character wouldn't save? I made a rogue earlier and logged back in to find that I had no existing characters on the server.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Chuteboxe
Fire Beetle

Not only that now I am not able to use the #search or summon commands. Says my access is not high enough.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:48 AM
xulok
Fire Beetle

Found this server last night, great work guys. I was able to roll a character, and work my way through guk clearing to the ghoul lord and levelling to 45.

Brought back some really great memories, I appreciate it.

Regards,
Joel (aka Eaeaden/Xulok from Morell-Thule)
Old 07-23-2007, 02:54 AM
lanileb
Sarnak

Chuteboxe, PM me with your ingame name please.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:50 AM
jmiles82
Fire Beetle

Default Outstanding server!!

This server is fantastic. Superfast leveling and great gameplay. If you ever wanted to have a high-end character in Everquest but didn't feel like spending years of frustration dealing with live servers - this is your opportunity. Try it you WILL like it)
Old 07-23-2007, 05:03 AM
lanileb
Sarnak

Enjoy the leveling while you can though, while it will still always be faster then live, as we start putting in more content we'll be lowering the xp rates little by little. But we will have hotzones. We have a few in right now which include Blackburrow, Mistmoore, Emerald Jungle and Plane of Fire. I know I'm missing some but I'm drawing a blank the moment. I just got done revamping BoT to prevent people from pulling entire wings. If you do, you will have a pleasant surprise running after you...namely the boss of the wing who now quads for up to about 3.2k and has roughly 180k HP, summons, enrages, flurrys, and rampages. Have fun!
Old 07-23-2007, 05:04 AM
madborg
Banned

i finally got on the server yesterday but didnt go to 70 in 15 minutes. can i have my money back?

seriously it was fun to dress up my char by looking up items. i didnt even realize some of the higher stat items there were all/all with no level restriction. so that got me to think about equipment in general and on my own little bitty server i outfitted my 65 ranger with a set of items that i didnt even know existed.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:27 AM
xulok
Fire Beetle

Hmmm, that brings up a good point. What is the final goal for the server as you get things nailed down and working? What do you envision your population spending their time doing? Where do you want to take it?

(just out of curiosity)
Old 07-23-2007, 08:37 AM
Strake
Sarnak

We're going to start making alot of the bosses (Plains bosses and such) very high hitting and high HP to encourage more grouping and raiding. But mostly it's just a fun server
Old 07-23-2007, 09:46 AM
lanileb
Sarnak

Also, you'll have a couple of high end quests to do for each class. We hope to implement both Epics 2.5 and 3.0 for all classes and possibly an armor quest or two for each class although that's not confirmed yet.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:21 AM
greeko
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanileb View Post
I just got done revamping BoT to prevent people from pulling entire wings. If you do, you will have a pleasant surprise running after you...namely the boss of the wing who now quads for up to about 3.2k and has roughly 180k HP, summons, enrages, flurrys, and rampages. Have fun!
Rofl that'll put a damper on things for sure.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:41 PM
lanileb
Sarnak

That was kind of the point, server can't handle people pulling 2 wings of BoT, big lag spikes and whatnot when it happens. Now if you try to do that you're just plain stupid lol.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:35 PM
greeko
Fire Beetle

Oh, I'm sure you current playerbase will find a way to overthrow the wing bosses. Sounds like a fun challenge actually .
Old 07-23-2007, 03:11 PM
lanileb
Sarnak

Thats fine by me, the bosses WERE meant to be killed. I just revamped everything in there to prevent people from pulling entire wings, that wasn't meant to happen.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Chuteboxe
Fire Beetle

Is there a way to login to the server by bypassing the EQemu server select? I'm new to this and it would make my life so much easier. Quick connect won't work on the Krusher Server (sends me to random servers) and the server select is still causing me to crash 99 percent of the time.