Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:25 AM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

We are trying. As we are doing things, we keep finding ways to make it better, and it delays us a little longer. With the change to spells, we added about 40 more, and had to re-balance them. We are trying to make it so you have plenty to do and not get bored right as soon as you start playing.

Current Status:
+Play-though will be locked up to the first boss. (Hint: D3 Beta)
+Spell Currency is used to purchase your spells.
+Spells have been revamped, we have twisted the spell trees, you will not be able to get every spell. However, you can become a "professional" is some.
+We are trying to figure out if we can do Charms, however, due to limitations in the hard code, this seems unlikely. (Single charms to the charm slot still doable.)
+All the content for Alpha release is in game, however, we are making it look pretty, adding some details and such. (Not going to give too much away.)

All in all, we have flopped twice before and we are trying to do it the right way this time. It does take time, and we want to thank everyone for being patient with us.

I'd say we are at about 75% ready to launch alpha test phase.

Thanks again everyone.
-DiabloQuest Staff
Old 06-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahar_LoA View Post
We are trying. As we are doing things, we keep finding ways to make it better, and it delays us a little longer. With the change to spells, we added about 40 more, and had to re-balance them. We are trying to make it so you have plenty to do and not get bored right as soon as you start playing.

Current Status:
+Play-though will be locked up to the first boss. (Hint: D3 Beta)
+Spell Currency is used to purchase your spells.
+Spells have been revamped, we have twisted the spell trees, you will not be able to get every spell. However, you can become a "professional" is some.
+We are trying to figure out if we can do Charms, however, due to limitations in the hard code, this seems unlikely. (Single charms to the charm slot still doable.)
+All the content for Alpha release is in game, however, we are making it look pretty, adding some details and such. (Not going to give too much away.)

All in all, we have flopped twice before and we are trying to do it the right way this time. It does take time, and we want to thank everyone for being patient with us.

I'd say we are at about 75% ready to launch alpha test phase.

Thanks again everyone.
-DiabloQuest Staff

Blame Jahar, he sets a list of things for me to do, I do them, and like, two seconds later right when I'm like 'We should be good for testing!' he's like 'Well, if you think about it, Diablo is done by this.' Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that we're making it JUST LIKE Diablo, but making everything and having to modify it makes me kinda sad. :P Hah.

<3 Jahar. Lol..

-DiabloQuest Staff.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak48 View Post
Haha I just took a look at the spells and I like how you're really sticking pretty close to the whole Diablo theme and I can see how each spell might work. Good work!
Yes, we are doing our best to stick to the Diablo Theme as much as possible, down to the random item generator.

There are still going to be some aspects that is Everquest, like for instance -- zones, item looks, and well, the game its self. Pretty much everything we CAN change, we are changing, and as Jahar said every time we make or do something we find a way to improve it some of the things we've improved on have been posted in this forum already;

Getting rid of Tanks and Healers making everyone able to tank (Taunt was removed, entirely) and a way to heal themselves aside from potions.
Balancing spells so it's not like Everquest.

As well as our own touches;

Allowing you to play through as Chaos killing the Order (playing on the same side as Diablo to break it down better for you).

While there is much, much more that we've done with it, I cannot let any of it off, all I can say is I hope by July we will be ready for Alpha the glory thing about changing it just to go to first "named" boss is; most of the rest of Act 1 is done (All of the "named" mobs are placed, all of their scripts are done, zones are almost completed, items are done, as well.) so once Alpha gets tested and fixed completely, beta will be literally right around the corner, my assumptions is (Jahar and I haven't talked about it), beta will be Act 1, and then we'll make it a LIVE version in which all 4 acts, as well as the Chaos side of things will be done so you can play through on both sides.

Another thing we haven't *REALLY* discussed is character wipes after Alpha and Beta, we might throw up a vote for it to see if we will. If we do, however those whom tested the server will get a title or something to show people they were part of the Alpha testing -- there will be a few things left out of Alpha (Set gear primarily). As we haven't figured out the scaling//buff thing that is associated with the said set gear.

If anyone has any questions pretaining to the server, please post here, or on our forums located on our Website (If you don't know it by now, this entire wording is our website. =P.) and we will get back to you.

Thanks again for your guys support!

<3

- DiabloQuest Staff
Old 06-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

Default MacroQuest (MQ2)

Nerdgasm and myself have been talking about MQ2. Should it be allowed or not is the topic of our debate.

The only real thing we want it used for on our server currently is:
- Checking mob locations on the map. (Which we don't really want you to do.)
- Reading item lore. (Which isn't set for most items.)

So we are tempted to put MQ2 on our "against the rules" list.

Should you have an opinion on this we have a poll up on the website, take a vote, and voice your opinion.

Thanks,
Jahar, DiabloQuest Staff
Old 06-20-2013, 08:28 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

We will leave the MQ2 vote up until we come the opening of Alpha... So far, it seems we are making it AGAINST the rules.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:37 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
We will leave the MQ2 vote up until we come the opening of Alpha... So far, it seems we are making it AGAINST the rules.
This is an ongoing controversy in the community, but my question is, how exactly will you regulate against it? You can create a GM checker using said program to stop botting when a GM is online or in the same zone as you. You can also set a check that checks for anything and stops the botting and/or camps all your characters, stopping MacroQuest is impossible.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:29 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
This is an ongoing controversy in the community, but my question is, how exactly will you regulate against it? You can create a GM checker using said program to stop botting when a GM is online or in the same zone as you. You can also set a check that checks for anything and stops the botting and/or camps all your characters, stopping MacroQuest is impossible.
can GM checker track invisible GMs?
Old 06-20-2013, 11:34 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

I'd assume that the GM could be tracked, yes. Just because they're invisible doesn't meant they're invisible, if that makes sense, you can always find a way to see these 'invisible' GMs.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:23 PM
Dunge0nMastr
Hill Giant

I've found that as long as MQ2 is running players are able to see me on my GM regardless of my Hidden status, i do find that using /hideme on, as opposed to #hideme on, overrides this until i zone, but it also has the old school Invis effect, where you cant see yourself (sucks when playing in 3rd person).
Old 06-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunge0nMastr View Post
I've found that as long as MQ2 is running players are able to see me on my GM regardless of my Hidden status, i do find that using /hideme on, as opposed to #hideme on, overrides this until i zone, but it also has the old school Invis effect, where you cant see yourself (sucks when playing in 3rd person).
I believe this is enough verification for the capabilities of MacroQuest.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:10 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

It's more of a trust thing. We here at DiabloQuest will TRUST people not to use MQ2, now if you want to use it, that's your own fault if you get banned. We'll make sure our evidence is concrete before we make our move, we will also probably talk to person about it.

Plus there's a couple of servers that every time I load MQ2 I get booted off the server, so maybe I can figure out what they did on those servers and implement it on DiabloQuest.

Besides this isn't a final decision yet. We will let you know when we have fully decided what we will do.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:25 PM
NatedogEZ
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunge0nMastr View Post
Pretty sure the spawn data for a gm with #hideme on .. is hidden from clients of lower status.

So players using MQ2 would not be able to see the GM

If you are testing on two clients with the same status.. that is why you can see them.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

A little update -- We have a mess of things to download(Not all are ready to be downloaded, so bare with us), you can either obtain them at This Address (Which is the file part of our website), or you can download the EQLauncher obtainable at This Address (Thanks Rumzuck). What this will do, when you select our server will download all of our files into their correct places, and when you log into the server all you will have to do is /loadskin DiabloUI (As posted on our forums, it isn't REQUIRED to have this UI, but it will help a BUNCH with what we have worked out. =))

Alpha will be very very soon. Spells are being finalized, then we'll get on the HP of mobs with the damage on spells accordingly. After these two things are done, we will be completely ready for Alpha. Sorry for the delays, from Jahar having that huge storm and me being in the hospital, the DEV has been a little slow. (Mind you, there are only two people working on the server, as well as help from a few outsiders on scripts we had little knowledge on.)
Old 06-23-2013, 05:55 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Between Jahar and I, we've pounded out everything, skill caps have been updated, GlobalLoads, everything file wise is finished, now we are going to be testing mobs HP and adjusting accordingly.

We've added a Copy Right statement to our website, as it's come to our attention that we will need one in order to proceed, this copy right statement will be posted on our Website, on a NPC in game, and on our Facebook page (Yes, we are those people. ;P).

Quote:
June 23rd 2013.
We here at DiabloQuest take no credit for the literary provided by Blizzard and Diablo. We are merely trying to re-create a playable experience for others players.

The class names and descriptions have been provided by Blizzard and Diablo and are not our creation. Many boss names have also been provided by Blizzard and Diablo and are not our creation.

Again, we are trying to make a seperate experience for players and allow them to play the game through our eyes.

Thank you,
DiabloQuest Staff.
We have put a FAIL SAFE on the server, in order to get out of the first zone, you MUST read the Copy Right in game.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:49 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

We did a over haul on weapons and armor, we figured that 'Normal $item' wasn't going to cut it. Diablo had a variation of weapons and armor to it, we've found all the suffix's and prefix's in Diablo(2) and have added them to the 'Normal' items that you obtain, this increased our item count from 400 to slightly over 4,000. Some variations of these items may provide the same stats, but thus is the way of a random generator.

The items we've changed;

Normal Armor (I.E Normal Cloth Robe now looks like Sturdy Cloth Robe of Life)
Normal Weapons (I.E Normal Axe now looks like Jagged Axe of Carnage)

We're going to be changing the RARE tag on items in time to come, at the current moment though for Alpha realise it will be 'Rare Cloth Robe' when Beta comes out they -as well- will be changed to something else.

We've already stated we're going to keep Legendaries and 'Set' items out of Alpha while we're currently working on the Set Items and Legendary names, they will be unavailable.

An update on items;

Rings and Amulets were found as random drops in Diablo, as much as we'd like to incorporate this. We've made a decision to make the NON-VISUAL slots obtained by either Quests, or SET drops. So, while you have Sturdy Cloth Robe of Life, you won't have a Sturdy Amulet of Life, instead you will get Iratha's Collar which is set for ALL CLASSES.

Another thing I'd like to post on, now that I posted about classes...
**UPDATE
Jahar and I just talked about it. We're making weapons ALL/ALL to bring the Diablo purpose to the table.

With all of that being said. We are testing monsters and adjusting hit points accordingly. Through the Everquest Emulator Launcher, all of our files have been uploaded, we even have our own CUSTOM load screen. I've uploaded this file on the Everquest Emulator Launcher as well as instructions on how to get your original load screen back.

Thanks!
DiabloQuest staff.