Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

View Poll Results: Who Would you vote For?
Kerry 32 40.51%
Bush 29 36.71%
nader.... *sigh* 18 22.78%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2004, 02:16 PM
VivaLaBam
Fire Beetle

Bush and kerry, is there a good choice? other than some different thoughts, it's like which side of the dog crap you like.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:56 PM
dark_one
Hill Giant

Default asdf

on a new subject who watched the second debates...

George bush f(reak)ing owned kerry

even though Greta Von fullofsh(ee)ten's poll said taht:

64% Kerry won
35% Bush won
1% i didnt watch teh debate

^BS if you watched the debate...

george bush actually did good at public speaking for once, and beat kerry. why can't bush haters just admit that they lost for once? i admit bush was a piece of sh(ee)t the first debate... no one eles seems to want to admit when they get owned.

da(ng) you greta... get your mouth fixed.

edit: saved from strike 2?
Liscadipesce
Baron-Sprite
Khan
Skynet
Necromancer Guild

Member of "Free DarkOne from his solitude and deban him from IRC"

Old 10-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

General Internet consensus is pretty much that the debate was rather even, with each candidate usually having between 5 and 10% advantage in the polls, which is really within the margin of error.

Unless you happen to think Faux News is a credible source or something.

Note that I didn't actually WATCH the debate, I'm just reporting - you decide! :eng:
Old 10-10-2004, 02:54 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Default Re: asdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_one
on a new subject who watched the second debates...

George bush f(reak)ing owned kerry

even though Greta Von fullofsh(ee)ten's poll said taht:

64% Kerry won
35% Bush won
1% i didnt watch teh debate

^BS if you watched the debate...

george bush actually did good at public speaking for once, and beat kerry. why can't bush haters just admit that they lost for once? i admit bush was a piece of sh(ee)t the first debate... no one eles seems to want to admit when they get owned.

da(ng) you greta... get your mouth fixed.

edit: saved from strike 2?
so true

-edit-
And Edwards in the VP debate... Good lord, are we running for student council children or what?
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:13 AM
dark_one
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwin
General Internet consensus is pretty much that the debate was rather even, with each candidate usually having between 5 and 10% advantage in the polls, which is really within the margin of error.

Unless you happen to think Faux News is a credible source or something.

Note that I didn't actually WATCH the debate, I'm just reporting - you decide! :eng:
thats true melwin, but i watched the debate and if bush would of lost i would have told you, most all media sources are liberal and will always say kerry won

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisyouc
-edit-
And Edwards in the VP debate... Good lord, are we running for student council children or what?
lol, apparently
Liscadipesce
Baron-Sprite
Khan
Skynet
Necromancer Guild

Old 10-10-2004, 05:23 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
thats true melwin, but i watched the debate and if bush would of lost i would have told you, most all media sources are liberal and will always say kerry won
That's a myth.

Did you know that Fox News has more viewers than CNN and MSNBC combined?

I'm far more inclined to believe a few hundred thousand random people than I am to believe any single person who is decidedly pro-Bush or pro-Kerry, at any rate. It's probably not a conscious choice, but your perception of the debate was and is skewed by your political views and prejudices against the candidates. So's everyone else, of course, which is why listening to a lot of people is better than listening to a single person.
Old 10-10-2004, 09:19 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

I'd be happy to listen to anything Kerry has to say...IF HE WOULD SAY IT!

Interviewer: How will you fix Medicare?
Kerry: I have a plan to make a federal healthcare system.

Interviewer: How?
Kerry: My plan will not tax people who make under $200k/yr.

Interviewer: What about the people who make over $200k/yr.?
Kerry: My plan...screws them over.

Interviewer: What would you do in Iraq?
Kerry: I have a plan to get allies in the war.

Interviewer: How does your plan work?
Kerry: My plan will get an international summit and get allies.

Interviewer: So how does the plan work?
Kerry: Its alot better than bush, take my word on it.

The "Kerry" Plan-- Its alot better then Bush (Take Kerry's word on it)
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:02 AM
dark_one
Hill Giant

Quote:
Quote:
That's a myth.

Did you know that Fox News has more viewers than CNN and MSNBC combined?

I'm far more inclined to believe a few hundred thousand random people than I am to believe any single person who is decidedly pro-Bush or pro-Kerry, at any rate. It's probably not a conscious choice, but your perception of the debate was and is skewed by your political views and prejudices against the candidates. So's everyone else, of course, which is why listening to a lot of people is better than listening to a single person.

thats not truei am not, "skewed" because i admit Bush did a horrible job the first debate, ill be the first one to tell you. but i do think he won the second debate, he backed his statements up with something and you can trust bush to do it, kerry will swich his views 10+ times before finnaly deciding, then he will change again.
Liscadipesce
Baron-Sprite
Khan
Skynet
Necromancer Guild

Old 10-10-2004, 10:13 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
kerry will swich his views 10+ times before finnaly deciding, then he will change again.
Kerry cant finish a sentence without flip-flopping.
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
thats not truei am not, "skewed" because i admit Bush did a horrible job the first debate, ill be the first one to tell you. but i do think he won the second debate, he backed his statements up with something and you can trust bush to do it, kerry will swich his views 10+ times before finnaly deciding, then he will change again.
To say your view isn't skewed is just pure naivety. Everyone has a skewed view of everything. You said that Bush "owned" Kerry, which may be what you think, but evidently there's a lot of dissent on that. When I hold an opinion that many people find wrong, it makes me consider if it's correct and my basis for it, but hey. :v:

oh also:

KERRY IS A FLIPFLOPPER LOL
BUSH IS HITLER LOL

these jokes are still funny you see
Old 10-10-2004, 11:13 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Quote:
BUSH IS HITLER LOL

Uh... it's not much of a joke. If you listened to Kerry speak it's very clear he flip-flops all over the place on just about every issue.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonin
Quote:
BUSH IS HITLER LOL

Uh... it's not much of a joke. If you listened to Kerry speak it's very clear he flip-flops all over the place on just about every issue.
If you had a clue about politics beyond what Karl Rove and Faux News tells you, you would know that isn't true. :eng:

I'd love to educate you and all but there's a ton of source material out there. You can try reading factcheck.org a bit for starters.

Edit: Not that Kerry doesn't flip flop at all, but everyone does.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:16 PM
m0oni9
Hill Giant

Quote:
To say your view isn't skewed is just pure naivety. Everyone has a skewed view of everything.
To have a skewed view means to not see things as they really are. That is quite a statement you are making there.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:10 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

Quote:
If you had a clue about politics beyond what Karl Rove and Faux News tells you, you would know that isn't true
Man that was a direct insult. Are you completely ignoring the no flaming policy these days Melwin? Seriously. this is the second time in the past 2 weeks you've posted things like this. Who are you to assume what I know about politics, you don't know me? Bashing me because you "think" what you say is absolute fact, just makes you look like scum.

Really, I see now though Melwin, your word is fact. Everybody else is wrong. It must be nice to be a king in your own private delusional world.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:43 PM
dark_one
Hill Giant

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotonin
Quote:
BUSH IS HITLER LOL

If you had a clue about politics beyond what Karl Rove and Faux News tells you, you would know that isn't true. :eng:

Kerry:

"I actually did vote for the $87 billion, before I voted against it."

__________________________________________________ ____

NBC’S TIM RUSSERT: “Do you believe that we should reduce funding that we are now providing for the operation in Iraq?”
Kerry: “No. I think we should increase it.”(NBC’s “Meet The Press,” 8/31/03)

“We Are 90 Percent Of The Casualties And 90 Percent Of The Cost: $200 Billion – $200 Billion That Could Have Been Used For Health Care, For Schools, For Construction, For Prescription Drugs For Seniors, And It’s In Iraq.” (Sen. John Kerry, First Presidential Debate, Miami, FL, 9/30/04)

“You Don’t Send Troops To War Without The Body Armor That They Need.” (Sen. John Kerry, First Presidential Debate, Miami, FL, 9/30/04)

Kerry Voted Against Senate Passage Of Iraq/Afghanistan Reconstruction Package That Included “Money For Body Armor For Soldiers.” (S. 1689, CQ Vote #400: Passed 87-12: R 50-0; D 37-11; I 0-1, 10/17/03, Kerry Voted Nay; “Highlights Of Iraq, Afghanistan Measures,” The Associated Press, 10/17/03)

“The President Says That I’m Denigrating These Troops. I Have Nothing But Respect For The British, Tony Blair, And For What They’ve Been Willing To Do.” (Sen. John Kerry, First Presidential Debate, Miami, FL, 9/30/04)

“Well, the fact is that those countries are really window dressing to the greatest degree. And they weren’t there in the beginning when we went in, and they’re not carrying the cost of this war.” (CNN’s “American Morning,” 3/2/04)

“I’ve Had One Position, One Consistent Position, That Saddam Hussein Was A Threat.” (Sen. John Kerry, First Presidential Debate, Miami, FL, 9/30/04)

“We Now Know That Iraq Had No Weapons Of Mass Destruction, And Posed No Imminent Threat To Our Security.” (Sen. John Kerry, Remarks At New York University, New York, NY, 9/20/04)

is it so bad that Fox News tells the truth? i mean damn one media company that exposes the downfalls of both leaders... ludacris.
Liscadipesce
Baron-Sprite
Khan
Skynet
Necromancer Guild