Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 09-13-2005, 05:50 AM
WildcardX
Developer

Cool then I guess it must be a real bug in the zone.exe code. I was hoping it was the Perl 5.8 though when I read that README..
Old 09-13-2005, 08:12 AM
tremor
Fire Beetle

sorry for my noob question but how do i get those error logs to work?? with world and zone, the only logs going it to the logs folder are zone commands .txt
Old 09-13-2005, 09:13 AM
jillmatik
Sarnak

Anyone get a working Zoneperl.exe compiled successfully yet with the ClientUpdate fix? Loving attacking mobs on the server but hoping to start working on that huge collection of PERL quests I downloaded!

Thx
J
Old 09-13-2005, 03:57 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallerin
his link is down for me but if you need to get it you can get it here while it last. don't know how long it will stay up sooo.

http://www.rapidsharing.com/out.php/...EQEmuFixed.zip
Thanks..That worked. At first world.exe was crashing when I try to zone. So I put the original world.exe back in and now it seems to work a treat!
I also am using a new database so now the only errors I get are the opcode thingies.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:40 AM
tallerin
Hill Giant

Default I noone whats to see another post here

Well i have been playing around and well i found another issue. The world.exe in the EQEMUfix zip that mikeusc did has an issue with it (for me at least). If you try to use the command #zone you get a loving M$ error window. when i am in BB and type #zone firiona the zone will bootup all looks normal till the error window pops up saying world.exe has encounterd an error and needs to be closed. Fix for was i went back to the original world.exe from the ninaries and i can sit here and bounce from BB to firiona via the #zone command.

not sure anyone else encountered this or not seems some files work better on other pc's and some pc's the files hate them heh. so if you encounter this you can replace the fixed world.exe with the original one or worlddebug.exe from binaries.

/me runs and hides from the mob for finding another bug
Old 09-14-2005, 09:47 AM
WildcardX
Developer

That might be because when he released the "fix" he only released a changed world.exe and a zone.exe, however the source code file he edited is used in EmuMemShare.dll as well! I might be wrong about that causing the problem you describe, but I was thinking it might lead to some instability since the EQEmuShareMem now expects a Player struct that is "different" than what world and zone will offer up.. Anyway, When I get home maybe I can give you a new fix you can try out. Right now I'm working on a project for my employer and I'm looking at zoneperl issues when I'm bored.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:54 AM
jillmatik
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallerin
Well i have been playing around and well i found another issue. The world.exe in the EQEMUfix zip that mikeusc did has an issue with it (for me at least). If you try to use the command #zone you get a loving M$ error window. when i am in BB and type #zone firiona the zone will bootup all looks normal till the error window pops up saying world.exe has encounterd an error and needs to be closed. Fix for was i went back to the original world.exe from the ninaries and i can sit here and bounce from BB to firiona via the #zone command.

not sure anyone else encountered this or not seems some files work better on other pc's and some pc's the files hate them heh. so if you encounter this you can replace the fixed world.exe with the original one or worlddebug.exe from binaries.

/me runs and hides from the mob for finding another bug
I haven't run into this one yet. When I get home today I'll try the specific zones you've referenced. I'm using both World and Zone that MikeyUSC provided.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:55 AM
tallerin
Hill Giant

well i have nomore M$ error by just replacing the zone file from his fix and by useing the original worl or worlddebug. now i'm just trying to find which arangement of files will work best together to try and make it alitter easier for a first timer to get started.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:18 PM
WildcardX
Developer

I have compiled a working zoneperl.exe along with a world.exe and a EmuMemShare.dll that looks good. Quests work and I can attack stuff, well, kinda.. While attacking stuff I found a new error message in my zoneperl.exe.. "Catching Mob Crash". It happens everytime my char "strikes" a mob in melee. Not sure whats causing this yet, but spell attacks do work so, thats good.. hehe As soon as I figure out the "catching mob crash" error, I'll be happy to share my patches with anyone interested.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:22 PM
vRandom
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcardX
I have compiled a working zoneperl.exe along with a world.exe and a EmuMemShare.dll that looks good. Quests work and I can attack stuff, well, kinda.. While attacking stuff I found a new error message in my zoneperl.exe.. "Catching Mob Crash". It happens everytime my char "strikes" a mob in melee. Not sure whats causing this yet, but spell attacks do work so, thats good.. hehe As soon as I figure out the "catching mob crash" error, I'll be happy to share my patches with anyone interested.
me interested
vRandom
Old 09-14-2005, 03:30 PM
jillmatik
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcardX
I found this article posted back in 11/04. Maybe there's a note in a changelog somewhere that might help?

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...catching+crash
Old 09-14-2005, 03:37 PM
WildcardX
Developer

Its only like that post in that it is the same error message, but its not "continuous" or "spammed" in zoneperl.exe. You really do get 1 error message for each tiem your char "strikes" a mob in melee. I'm trying my newest zone.exe now to see what thats like so I know if this really is isolated to only zoneperl.exe.

EDIT: I just tried my latest zone.exe which should match MickeyUSC's patch and i can melee and spell attack mobs no prob, so that mob crash is isolated only in the perl code within zone.exe (zoneperl.exe). I'll looking to it...

Last edited by WildcardX; 09-14-2005 at 11:42 PM..
Old 09-14-2005, 03:46 PM
vRandom
Sarnak

only reference i found to "Catching Mob Crash" was in net.cpp around line 419

printf("Catching Mob Crash...\n");

if that helps
vRandom

edit:
could just be there for debugging, its wrapped in an if

#ifdef CATCH_CRASH
try{
entity_list.MobProcess();
}
catch(...){
printf("Catching Mob Crash...\n");
}
#else
entity_list.MobProcess();
#endif

only difference is the message....

Last edited by vRandom; 09-14-2005 at 11:56 PM..
Old 09-14-2005, 04:17 PM
WildcardX
Developer

I'd like to think that's there for a good reason. Obviously, that line is tossing an exception, but since i'm getting ready for bed I'm commenting that out for the sake of a test and I'm going to try it out quick before I go to sleep. I'll post back here in a minute or two and update if its "workable" for now.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:31 PM
WildcardX
Developer

As I feared, simply commenting that out for a quick fast just leaves an unhandled exception that crashes zoneperl.exe. I did search the source quick and it looks like the only good that can toss an exception is limited to the perl subsystem, which explains why only zoneperl.exe is producing this error. The good news is, its just an unhandled exception. Shouldnt take me too long to locate the where and why of it. Maybe I'll stay up for another hour...