Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

View Poll Results: How do you feel about EQ Titanium support?
I would buy EQ Titanium if it worked with EQEmu. 160 61.30%
No way am I gunna spend $20 to play a game, But I'll find a torrent. 30 11.49%
LIVE OR BUST! Even if it means nothing ever gets fixed again. 17 6.51%
Im happy the way it is, keep fixing bugs. 54 20.69%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 05:56 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I'm not here because it's free, I'm here because I don't have to worry about "patch days" and all the other constant fixes, updates/add-on's SOE does. I liked the game when it started out - then Kunark was ok and a few of the others, but then it all just got to be too much too soon, and too overwhelming. I even had posts in the Sony forums begging them for a classic server - that was before i founf this site.
I'm really impressed with all that's been done here - I never thought anyone would get so far advanced with an EQ Emulator. When I first started here, the subject on the emails to my friends about EQEmu was; "The Ultimate Emulator" - I've been into emulators since the old BBS days - and EQEmu is up at the top of my list now.
Needless to say, Titanium was a "blessing" for me, and no one should complain about 20.00 dollars it costs, if they ever played EQ Live for 15.00 a month.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Nessful
Sarnak

does this mean that eqemu works?
if i got titanium
Old 06-02-2006, 04:07 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessful
does this mean that eqemu works?
if i got titanium

No it will work for everyone else but you.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Aangus
Fire Beetle

In my opinion this is the best thing ever to happen to EqEmu. Walmart here has Titanium for less than $18 - We finally got a Minilogon server up and running - Thank you Fathernitwit
Old 06-11-2006, 03:20 PM
viviAngel
Fire Beetle

Hi! i really think that you should stay with Titanium and try to make it better and solve the bugs. Anyway, the databases are far behind, so in a way, it's useless for now to try to catch live. Everyone can buy Titanium, so making this version better is the best way to make most people (and me) happy

Great work by the way!!
Old 06-12-2006, 11:34 PM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default Hmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viviAngel
Hi! i really think that you should stay with Titanium and try to make it better and solve the bugs. Anyway, the databases are far behind, so in a way, it's useless for now to try to catch live. Everyone can buy Titanium, so making this version better is the best way to make most people (and me) happy

Great work by the way!!
I don't understand what the issue is, you guys complained about patching and what not, then when they do release a compatable version you complain about not having a database and all the bugs, EQEMU has never released a DATABASE it's always been the support of the community that has helped with that.
packet collecting is the only realistic way to get a decent database and now it's busted so there will be no more database release's unless PEQ does it or someone else takes on that Monster Project and spends months making it for you guys.if you want a decent database you will have to wait
till the people who do it . can realease another one.
as far as the Server code goes, I think they have done a great job of giving us a decent Server to to play with and if they ever do implement talking items
or get us to live, thats just a HUGE bonus for us and we should be greatfull for what we have now.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 06-13-2006, 02:21 AM
viviAngel
Fire Beetle

Since you quote my message i think you didnt understand what i meant to say. I am really happy with the release of titanium and in no way complaining about about the bugs or the PEQ group doing the database, i know it's a lot of work. I just think that sticking with titanium and trying to make it better is the best way to improve the emu.

But then again, that is my opinion, i respect what everyone said, i'm just giving feedback like asked.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:50 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default .

Quote:
Since you quote my message i think you didnt understand what i meant to say. I am really happy with the release of titanium and in no way complaining about about the bugs or the PEQ group doing the database, i know it's a lot of work. I just think that sticking with titanium and trying to make it better is the best way to improve the emu.

But then again, that is my opinion, i respect what everyone said, i'm just giving feedback like asked.
I don't think people understand that the EMU and the database are 2 different things.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 06-14-2006, 01:41 AM
viviAngel
Fire Beetle

If i write the "PEQ group doing the database" it's because i do understand that the EMU and the database are 2 different things..
Old 06-14-2006, 06:13 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default ..

Quote:
If i write the "PEQ group doing the database" it's because i do understand that the EMU and the database are 2 different things..
Im glad you understand, after the fact...
PEQ is not the only people releaseing database's they just happen to be the most popular.
they have not relased anything new since Tue Mar 07, 2006.
they say there working on the expansions now but, I have not heard how far
or if they are still doing just that.

For DataBase 0.6.0 DR2, 0.6.0 DR3, 0.6.1, 0.6.2, 0.6.3 and 0.6.4 by Project EQ team
http://www.projecteq.net/getfiles.php∞

For cavedude 0.6.1 DR db :
http://www.savefile.com/filehost/files.php?fid=3351769∞

www.cheaterz.info
Old 06-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Damilis
Hill Giant

I agree with the ideas of keeping Titanium as the target client software for devlopment.

Additionally, since multi version support is already in place, perhaps instead of shifting compatability of the EMU to the newest expansion pack that is released, how about adding it to the list of compatable clients. By doing this, every CD pack released after Titanium will be compatable and with every expansion released, the available compatable client software base grows.

Just a brainstorm. Feedback?
Old 06-14-2006, 11:43 PM
sesmar
I built it I will Support it!

While I believe the idea of Multi-Client compatability is the Dev's intentions, I do not think it would be feasable for them to make it compatable with every CD Release after Titanium. The biggest problem I see with this is that it would require the Dev's to go out and purchase each expansion and CD release in order to make the EMU compatable with it. Since they work on this project for free on their own time this does not seems benficial enough to do. Now making it compatable with multiple "patch" versions seems more of the direction they will go.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:18 AM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesmar
While I believe the idea of Multi-Client compatability is the Dev's intentions, I do not think it would be feasable for them to make it compatable with every CD Release after Titanium. The biggest problem I see with this is that it would require the Dev's to go out and purchase each expansion and CD release in order to make the EMU compatable with it. Since they work on this project for free on their own time this does not seems benficial enough to do. Now making it compatable with multiple "patch" versions seems more of the direction they will go.
Client pre 09/13, titanium and last live are very close about features. It was more difficult to manage older client. And that will be a nightmare for server owner to support many different client with differents features. I think actual eqemu purchase the live when devs will have time, but no support older client.
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:18 AM
Damilis
Hill Giant

Granted, its been a while since i was on the EqEmu bandwagon, but if, for example, 0.7.1 supports Titanium + next expansion and 0.7.0 supports just Titanium, how hard would it be to have a 0.7.1 server recognize the difference between a clean install of the Titanium client and a clean install of the Titanium + next expansion? If the server could do that, shouldnt it be able to load the appropriate opcode sets and enable/disable features for different clients? I can see a crypto change being a pain in the but to this idea, but since this is a question based on my own lack of knowledge of the finer details, I am kinda just throwing it out there to the Devs to see if its even a GOOD idea

Edit:
Oh, and it just hit me: If the devs are trying super hard to keep the emu as current as possible, how are they NOT buying the expansions and keeping it legal? I always thought that a CD set like titanium WAS a specific patch version...

Last edited by Damilis; 06-15-2006 at 01:21 PM..
Old 06-17-2006, 08:12 AM
gottasummer
Discordant

I bought it because I was looking for three of the expansions included... I just thought it would be easier to just buy all of them, boxed, instead of looking online for the two or three expansions I wanted... plus, at the price, I got a lot more than what I hoped for.

I'm assuming Titanium has some other things in it, and is not just a collection of expansions, is it not? I'm asking as this isn't a catch up to live, but it is up to Titanium...
Closed Thread