Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

The spells have been updated on the website, you can now see what class will do what going into alpha. Simply select a class from the drop down menu.

We're getting closer and closer. Thanks for bearing with us.

DiabloQuest Staff
Old 07-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

It's been... a while, least to say, since we've posted an update. I would like to inform everyone, this project is still going smoothly. Jahar is moving into a new house (Which is complete), and I am still tweaking some mobs, and figuring out how to do the spell script to work effectively, so far everything is going great... We've added new forums on our website (Under *testing*), they are better then the forums provided, we think. Here are some things to look forward to with Alpha;

Game Master Events;
These Game Master Events will provide you with additional loot, we won't do the first one till a couple days, or weeks after Alpha is open.

Level Cap;
Currently with Alpha it's 10. - Come beta it'll be 20. Experience is going to be difficult to earn, while quests will grant a flat %, monsters will not grant a ton. Leveling from 1 - 2 should take almost no time, 2 - 3 same thing, after that it will slow down quite a bit, this is intended.

Skill Tree(Spells);
As with Diablo, you will have three spell trees to choose from, we've made all of them a BASE cost, and you get point(s), to spend in the tree, the spells are level locked into the tree, to access this menu, please type 'skills' in game. (Example below)

Load Screen;
We've added our own custom loading screen, with instructions on how to convert it back to the default one (we wanted to give you a FULL DiabloQuest experience this will be updated and made to look better with time to come, for Alpha it works.)

Items;
Over 4,000 items that are obtained 1-5, over 4,000 items obtained 6-10.

There has been a question that I'll address here; You *CAN* in theory 'farm' your gear from lets say Leroic. We offer instances, which makes things so much easier, now I know in Diablo you can log out, log back in and redo the area, we want to try to alleviate people faceroll farming 24/7 and obtaining full set gear and blowing through the rest, (We hope you understand). So, we've set a "lock out" timer on the instances, currently for Alpha it's set to 6 hours, this will be adjusted as we see fit. We figure, You can do Leroic, Butcher, Andarial, and the other side bosses for Act one, by that time the instance should have an hour or two left.

Between moving, and having RL issues of our own, we're back in full swing. Mobs hit points are the last thing to adjust, and once we do that, we can fully open for Alpha! (We've added a few more neato things, we felt the Alpha was to short.)

Any questions, post here or on our Forums., and Jahar or I will be with you as soon as we see the message
Old 07-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

This looks interesting, hopefully things go well for you guys
Old 07-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
This looks interesting, hopefully things go well for you guys
Thanks Akkadius. =) We've used a few of your tools, like the instance script we have is yours. Hope to possibly see you on it... xD
Old 07-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

We've moved out forums into their correct format now, located >HERE<
Old 07-12-2013, 01:36 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
Thanks Akkadius. =) We've used a few of your tools, like the instance script we have is yours. Hope to possibly see you on it... xD
Glad I could be of help, you may want to check out EoC forums section if you haven't, powerful tools there.

I might stop by and check it out just like I do any other server I've been around for help here and there. Some far more than others.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:06 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Couple things we'd like to remind you before we make this thing fully alpha, experience is going to be difficult to obtain. Quests will grant a flat % (example, first quest will grant 30% exp flat) meaning if you have 10% exp already, you'll now have 40% when it's done, if you have 11 you'll have 41, etc. Most of your experience will be quests, we've made it this way so people can't face roll monsters and get levels quickly, one of our problems in our last server was, people would pull the entire first floor of ToFS and get a level and a half, we want to eliminate that, as we've already changed the gear portion of that so people can't obtain legendaries as easy, we figured the experience was the next thing to do. While this may seem frustrating, I still ask you to give our system a try, with the quests we have in place.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:05 PM
satora54
Sarnak

Default Launch

Are you guys launching today?
Old 07-12-2013, 05:22 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

I don't predict to much longer. I have to work at 4 tonight, till 11. then I'm off tomorrow.(finally), been working non stop for ages, had a couple people quit and shifts were open. Money is money, you know. .

During tomorrow's time, we will be distributing the hit points evenly throughout the board, as well as doing our final little tests that we have to do.

Another reminder that skipped my mind -- Alpha's damage may be a bit high, if we see it as to high, we WILL be taking it down a bit. Report to high of damage and stuff to our forums please.

We know this has been a tedious process, and we want to thank all of you for sticking by us for so long... We're just trying to make this as Diabloy as possible. xD
Old 07-12-2013, 10:35 PM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

Well said.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

At this time, DiabloQuest is going into a suspended mode. We will notify you when we are back at it.

Thanks everyone.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:39 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Jahar didn't mention why we are going into suspension mode. He moved into a new house, and has a couple of things that he has to take care of, and I am in the hospital. It's pretty hard to DEV while in the hospital being messed up... I'll make sure when I get out to get this back on track... We apologize for the delay.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:15 AM
Drajor
Developer

There is nothing to apologise for. Get better soon!
Old 07-24-2013, 01:06 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

We know people have been expecting this to be done for quite some time, which is why I apologize, having just me and JAhar working on it, has been stressful

So, I got home a little bit ago today... I'm going to start finishing the tasks we have set for Alpha. we still have to add about 4,000 items.... We have about... 6 tasks to finish... And about three more little zones to set up, AS WELL as do hit points. The items will take me like, 10-20 mins, tops. (Excel cheat sheet, ftw.) Tasks will be done fairly quick... Then the PL's to go with those tasks will take a minute to make sure they work...

The project is in SUSPENSION at the moment. We'll bring back out of suspension Thursday or Friday, (I have both of those days off work, get this. I call work tell them I'm out and have to work tomorrow at 11 AM, what is this bull crap?! Whatever. That's RL.)

Last edited by Nerdgasm; 07-24-2013 at 01:17 AM.. Reason: Got home.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:32 AM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

Before I get too in-depth in what I'm writing. I am in need of some input from the community:

Which would you rather see.
Would you rather have us do custom content or follow the Diablo storyline? This would include named encounters and such. (I.E. The Skeleton King, Butcher, etc.) We would not copy it exactly, but would provide our own versions of fights with said named encounters.

Of course at some point we would run out of the Diablo content to build on, should we go that route. At that time we could introduce our own custom content.

Kind of curious to see your input. Thanks!