Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:02 AM
dranovir45
Sarnak

Default Umm

Been waiting on a reply for over a month now, ive redone the WHOLE thing, and i did it properly, but only thing that is still stumping me is the where am i supposed to put the 7000-7100 port thing, is it for TCP or UDP, cus i put 9000-9000 for UDP and TCP aswell has the 5000 for both like i was told. But no idea for the 7000 & im still getting this error when trying to start it once again

Old 04-06-2011, 09:57 AM
joligario
Developer

Your zones should be UDP. Your 9000 should be TCP. Did you allow world/zone through your firewall?
Old 04-07-2011, 06:03 PM
dranovir45
Sarnak

still having the same problem. this is what my current set up for UDP/TCP looks like.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:43 PM
joligario
Developer

Based upon your previous post, I didn't think you had a port problem anyways. What does your emu config look like?
Old 04-07-2011, 09:42 PM
dranovir45
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by joligario View Post
Based upon your previous post, I didn't think you had a port problem anyways. What does your emu config look like?

the whole file is right there.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:19 AM
joligario
Developer

I didn't see an answer from a question previously: did you allow world.exe and zone.exe through windows firewall? Also, what does your start.bat file look like?
Old 04-08-2011, 04:45 PM
dranovir45
Sarnak

Quote:
I didn't see an answer from a question previously: did you allow world.exe and zone.exe through windows firewall? Also, what does your start.bat file look like?
I never saw that question; how do u allow ur world.exe and zone.exe through firewall? and start.bat looks exactly like whats told to be posted.

Edit: I see question now, sorry bout ignoring that man.

Last edited by dranovir45; 04-08-2011 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: Im a moron
Old 04-08-2011, 05:47 PM
joligario
Developer

Looks like you have Win7.

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Windows Firewall
Verify the profile your current connection you are using is Home/Work (Private) network
Select Advanced Settings on the left
Select inbound. Scroll down to see if World and Zone are listed. If they are, ensure it matches your type of network (Private) and that it is set to Allow. If not, create a new rule for World.exe and Zone.exe files to allow on your private network. You may create public rules in addition if you want, but not necessary if your network is set to private and it will stay that way.

If allowing through the firewall doesn't solve it, try starting up the command prompt and running each of your start.bat commands individually. Start with world.exe and see what it says (copy/paste is better as the window should scroll). I suspect you should find your problem at this point.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:32 PM
dranovir45
Sarnak

Quote:
Looks like you have Win7.

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Windows Firewall
Verify the profile your current connection you are using is Home/Work (Private) network
Select Advanced Settings on the left
Select inbound. Scroll down to see if World and Zone are listed. If they are, ensure it matches your type of network (Private) and that it is set to Allow. If not, create a new rule for World.exe and Zone.exe files to allow on your private network. You may create public rules in addition if you want, but not necessary if your network is set to private and it will stay that way.

If allowing through the firewall doesn't solve it, try starting up the command prompt and running each of your start.bat commands individually. Start with world.exe and see what it says (copy/paste is better as the window should scroll). I suspect you should find your problem at this point.
Edit: When i try to do start world.exe it says cannot be found, along with start eqlaunch.exe

Still getting the EXACT same error, hasnt changed at all, when i try to use my start.bat to launch the server. even allowed zone/world through firewall and nothing, dont quite get what u mean with run each of the start.bat commands individually.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:45 PM
joligario
Developer

Start -> Run -> Command Prompt
Change to your eqemu directory
Type start world.exe and press enter
Copy/Paste everything from the world.exe window that opens up.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:50 PM
dranovir45
Sarnak

Quote:
Start -> Run -> Command Prompt
Change to your eqemu directory
\.
How do i change it to my eqemu directory.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:16 PM
dranovir45
Sarnak

When i go into Command Prompt, and type start world.exe and start eqlauncher.exe or w/e it says cannot be found.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:34 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

cd c:\server or wherever your server files are.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:11 PM
dranovir45
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst2112 View Post
cd c:\server or wherever your server files are.
I did that thanks, problem being, when i tried both suggestions made earlier to plug into when at c:/eqemu it just flashes a command prompt screen up real fast and closes
Old 04-08-2011, 10:34 PM
dranovir45
Sarnak

When i didnt add the start command into the command prompt, i get this.