Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

View Poll Results: Who Would you vote For?
Kerry 32 40.51%
Bush 29 36.71%
nader.... *sigh* 18 22.78%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2004, 03:30 PM
Richardo
Banned

Everyone here is sexy!!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 03:34 PM
Draupner
Hill Giant

cept u :p
jk
Old 10-12-2004, 12:08 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisyouc
Lmao-- the UN inspectors. Right. It was proven that Saddam was capable of making weapons AND that he was harboring terrorists. News flash-- Summits don't kill terrorists. Saddam was intentionally ignoring the UN resolutions. Saddam is not stupid, I believe as others he moved his weapons program WHICH DID EXIST mind you, to Iran.

We know they had a developed weapons program, whether they actually made the weapons we're not sure.

I personally tend to believe the 'Warrior on the biggest horse' (Bin Laden's words) theory. By retaliating in Iraq, in a country that harbored a terrorists and a developed weapons program, we sent a shockwave to the terrorists. I believe if we went into Iran we'd have Saddam delivered to us within 48 hours. The Administration doesnt want to explain it like this for PR reasons. This however is just a theory of mine and is based on no direct facts.

If Kerry is elected President, I recommend Canada :|.
Sources, people. Where are you getting all this? "It was proven that Saddam was capable of making weapons AND that he was harboring terrorists." - none of that was proven. Bush said it, yes, but that doesn't mean it was proven because Bush was dead wrong on a lot of issues (minor artillery tubes that could ONLY be used for nuclear crap anyone?)

At any rate, considering the only one who has cited a somewhat credible source in here is mattmeck (which I'm just going to believe because I don't have the time to discredit The Army Times - although I can't imagine a military magazine pumping out primarily negative news about the war) and I'm entirely too lazy to discredit them all, I'm just going to call it here.

No doubt that Saddam was a fucking asshole, but why not go after someone actually dangerous like North Korea?
Old 10-12-2004, 01:56 AM
mattmeck

Thats a very good question Mel. Thats one of the best questions I have seen here,

However using that same question, explain how Kerry wanting to pull ALL troops outa South Korea is going to help with that situation at all?

But then again how is Bush pulling troops from South Korea to Iraq helping?
Old 10-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
No doubt that Saddam was a fucking asshole, but why not go after someone actually dangerous like North Korea?
Are you accusing Bush of doing in North Korea what Kerry said he'd have like to have done with Iraq? (Not to mention what we DID do what Kerry has suggested and it failed the first time around.)

And its not only Bush, its the entire Administration. And it WAS proven that Terrorists were training in Iraq. Nobody can deny the training camps FOUND.

I do not agree with the whole 'we went to Iraq to liberate them'. Its a PR diversion. I think thats one of the Administration's biggest mistakes...we went from 'disabling a union harboring terrorists' to 'disarming a union with WMD' to 'liberating the people of Iraq' and now back to 'disarming a union with WMD'. Stick with the first one, Bush!!
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisyouc
Quote:
Are you accusing Bush of doing in North Korea what Kerry said he'd have like to have done with Iraq? (Not to mention what we DID do what Kerry has suggested and it failed the first time around.)

And its not only Bush, its the entire Administration. And it WAS proven that Terrorists were training in Iraq. Nobody can deny the training camps FOUND.

I do not agree with the whole 'we went to Iraq to liberate them'. Its a PR diversion. I think thats one of the Administration's biggest mistakes...we went from 'disabling a union harboring terrorists' to 'disarming a union with WMD' to 'liberating the people of Iraq' and now back to 'disarming a union with WMD'. Stick with the first one, Bush!!
lol flip flop
Old 10-12-2004, 10:42 AM
mattmeck

Actualy is was England who told Bush that Iraq had WMD's, the CIA confirmed this at that time. So the reason Bush gave for going into Iraq may have been false but Bush did NOT know this at that time. This has already been beaten to death and proven.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
Actualy is was England who told Bush that Iraq had WMD's, the CIA confirmed this at that time. So the reason Bush gave for going into Iraq may have been false but Bush did NOT know this at that time. This has already been beaten to death and proven.
And thats EXACTLY why the Democrats try and focus on the point of time where the focus was on WMD, not 'you're either with us or you're with the terrorists'
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:48 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

and how is that a flipflop, Melwin?
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:42 PM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

was a joke, seņor
Old 10-12-2004, 07:43 PM
eq_addict_08
Hill Giant

Kerry >> Bush. Bush lost popular vote to Gore, who sucked largness. Kerry, being much more well received in general, is gonna roast him...

Melwin, you have my backing. In general, most "conservative republicans" I ever get into debates with don't even know the basic facts, they just spew out GOP rhetoric. Kinda sickens me. Read and fookin' educate yourselves...
Old 10-13-2004, 07:36 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Kerry >> Bush. Bush lost popular vote to Gore, who sucked largness.
I hate when people talk about this. Why? Because thats not how the U.S. holds its elections, and it never has, so its pointless to bring it up.

Quote:
Kerry, being much more well received in general, is gonna roast him...
Agree to disagree?
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:16 AM
dark_one
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq_addict_08
Kerry >> Bush. Bush lost popular vote to Gore, who sucked largness. Kerry, being much more well received in general, is gonna roast him...

Melwin, you have my backing. In general, most "conservative republicans" I ever get into debates with don't even know the basic facts, they just spew out GOP rhetoric. Kinda sickens me. Read and fookin' educate yourselves...
i love how he says "don't even know the basic facts, they just spew out GOP rhetoric. Kinda sickens me. Read and fookin' educate yourselves..."

we arnt the ones that just come in saying,
"KeRrY > BuSh !~11/`1/ fOr nO rEaSoN JUsT CuZ!~/2."

that could be a little paraphrase but was close enough ?

also, "In general, most "conservative republicans" I ever get into debates with"
how many have you had a conversation with, you sound like your 10 years old.
Liscadipesce
Baron-Sprite
Khan
Skynet
Necromancer Guild

Member of "Free DarkOne from his solitude and deban him from IRC"

Old 10-13-2004, 03:35 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Bush OWNED in the third debate. No question.
Anything anyone else says is just spin.
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:17 PM
dark_one
Hill Giant

Default vgsd

i didnt get to see it :cry:

but im glad to hear he did good, maybe he can improve his speech ability now?
Liscadipesce
Baron-Sprite
Khan
Skynet
Necromancer Guild

Member of "Free DarkOne from his solitude and deban him from IRC"