Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Kagatob
Sarnak

You think we have it bad, I can only imagine what cavedude is going through right now.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Obake420
Sarnak

whats going on cavedude?
Old 09-17-2008, 01:17 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Giant kick in the ass that was last night, I'm sorry guys. The server was up for 35 minutes and then went down again. At this point, even I am a bit angry. I was hoping it would have been up before I left for work, and here on my lunch it still appears down. No word from the ISP yet, though I suspect they are still having temperature control problems.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Kagatob
Sarnak

That's a pain in the arse. So they won't even give you an ETA at this point I would guess. (not that their previous ETAs they've given you were reliable)
Old 09-17-2008, 02:27 PM
ghostriderdoom
Sarnak

you would think they could give Cave Dude at least another appoximate time they think it will be back at least to ease the server owners mind
Old 09-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Kagatob
Sarnak

In a perfect world yes, but remember that he told us it's his server, not theirs and it's free web space so I don't know if they actually get anything out of the deal.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:32 PM
renoofturks1
Sarnak

Considering they host our box free of charge, I am betting they are spending their time discussing the issue with the people that are paying for their bandwith. It's a good deal for us, let's not be knocking it.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:45 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoofturks1 View Post
Considering they host our box free of charge, I am betting they are spending their time discussing the issue with the people that are paying for their bandwith. It's a good deal for us, let's not be knocking it.
Yep, that's exactly right. And, we're not just talking spare bandwidth, we're talking about bandwidth people pay hundreds of dollars a month for. I've downloaded daily dumps at 1.8 MBps from PEQ. (that's megabytes, not bits!) I'm a bit upset that we were up for 35 minutes and then back down again, but for free, the bandwidth involved, and the fact that other than times like this we have 100% uptime I cannot complain at all.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Kagatob
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
Yep, that's exactly right. And, we're not just talking spare bandwidth, we're talking about bandwidth people pay hundreds of dollars a month for. I've downloaded daily dumps at 1.8 MBps from PEQ. (that's megabytes, not bits!) I'm a bit upset that we were up for 35 minutes and then back down again, but for free, the bandwidth involved, and the fact that other than times like this we have 100% uptime I cannot complain at all.
Indeed, I say sit it out, call out of work less often and sleep longer during these times.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:02 PM
ghostriderdoom
Sarnak

What a good deal u have for this server CD, with a deal like that hopefully PEQ will be around for your kids to run it and then my kids can enjoy it as well

Keep up the good work
Old 09-17-2008, 03:51 PM
valic007
Fire Beetle

so this could go on for days or are they getting close to the problem?
Old 09-17-2008, 04:28 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Since we came up briefly last night, I would assume they are close.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:11 PM
lucid.reverie
Fire Beetle

Default Peq

Sorry trevius if I was offensive - certainly all in jest on my part. One of the posters here is a good friend and hardcore leftist so I just threw in a couple of welfare jokes - absolutely nothing racist intended by that.

Looking forward to seeing things up, Cavedude! Chomping at the bit here for tomorrow night ...
Old 09-17-2008, 06:39 PM
valic007
Fire Beetle

ohh my im thinking of going to live free for a month how sad am i lol
Old 09-17-2008, 07:30 PM
elation
Sarnak

Here's hoping they get those heat issues worked out. Missin' ya PEQ.