Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 04-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Lylyth
Fire Beetle

If you DL SoD from Steam do you have to run it through steam? Husband/wife team want to play but only one account on steam, so don't want to have to make another account and buy it again.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Vampire1212
Sarnak

Default No (:

Everquest SoD is in no way tied to Steam, simply move the Everquest folder from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\everquest to something like C:\everquest

Steam only downloads and installs for you. The rest is as if you installed EQ off the disc.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Rykeau
Fire Beetle

I'm sorry if this is posted elsewhere or covered in multiple posts - I simply can't find it.

Is there a consolidated guide to getting SoD working from Titanium or SoF?

Here is my situation:

I have a working EQEMU server using newly compiled source and SoF clients. I utilize EQEmuLoginServer for my login server. All clients can login and play without issue at this time.

My challenge has been getting my SoD client to log into my server. I've copied the SoD client to my current EQ directory, validated the eqhost.txt file and triple checked the EQ launch shortcut for the "patchme" switch. I have even tried updating the opcodes.conf with SoD info on the server with no success.

When using the SoD client with my current server configuration, the client stalls in a "Logging in to the server. Please wait..." state almost indefinately. I'm guessing I am missing something in my complilation or in my config but I simply can't narrow it down. Any help anybody can provide would be appreciated.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:32 PM
trevius
Developer

Your eqhost.txt needs to be set to port 5999 for SoD, not 5998 like Titanium/SoF are. Assuming you have everything else setup correctly, that should work fine. Being unable to log in like you mentioned is exactly the symptom caused by not having the port set to 5999 in your eqhost.txt file.

There isn't currently a full wiki on getting SoD setup, but other than changing the port to 5999, and only being able to use the non-official Login Servers that support SoD, the setup is almost exactly the same as previous clients. I have been waiting until the official EQEmu Login Server supports SoD before I go through and update the play guide wiki's to include SoD instructions in them.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:14 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Btw, why have the SoD stream on a different port? Titanium and SoF already share one, requiring the login server to check what client is connecting, why not put SoD on the same port and just have it check between 3 clients instead of the original 2?
Old 05-11-2010, 07:24 PM
trevius
Developer

Because it handles login stuff a bit differently and uses some different opcodes. Unfortunately, at the time that you submit the login, all clients appear to be the same, so the server has no way to know to reply to SoD in a special way as is needed. So, we just have it use a different port, so the Login Server knows right away how to treat it.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:27 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Ah, okay then.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Rykeau
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Your eqhost.txt needs to be set to port 5999 for SoD, not 5998 like Titanium/SoF are. Assuming you have everything else setup correctly, that should work fine. Being unable to log in like you mentioned is exactly the symptom caused by not having the port set to 5999 in your eqhost.txt file.

There isn't currently a full wiki on getting SoD setup, but other than changing the port to 5999, and only being able to use the non-official Login Servers that support SoD, the setup is almost exactly the same as previous clients. I have been waiting until the official EQEmu Login Server supports SoD before I go through and update the play guide wiki's to include SoD instructions in them.
Thank you! Changing the login port info in all appropriate files did the trick.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:30 PM
WkimWes
Sarnak

Hey all great work on the progress of SoD liking that we can use it now. I was curious though, is the new Mercenary system working or is that something that is going to be worked on later or not at all? I was curious to see if the healing mercs and tanks worked better than the current bots.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:37 PM
KLS
Administrator

Later we plan to replace the bot system completely and make it part of core server functionality. With those we'll implement mercs. It is a rather large process and so it's only a todo atm.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:56 PM
trevius
Developer

No, none of the mercenary stuff works yet. There is probably quite a bit of packet handling, structures, and opcodes that are needed in order to make the system functional at all. And even then, we would still have to create AI stuff for them similar to the bots system, if we decide not to use bots for them.

I don't know what the plans are for mercs currently. We need to get some collects that include the info we need first of all. Once we have that, someone will have to take the time to actually figure it all out and get the systems coded. I am sure it is a decent chunk of work. They definitely aren't a high priority atm, but maybe they will be added at some point.

EDIT: KLS beat me to it!
Old 05-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Kuldiin
Fire Beetle

My SoD worked fine first time, but when I went to change resolution my system locked up.

When I tried to reload SoD I get the below error

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7092/crashp.jpg

Is there a config file or something I can delete so it goes back to its original resolution? My screen flickers like crazy when I first run SoD before it crashes(before login) so guessing its the reso causing these issues.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:30 PM
KLS
Administrator

eqclient.ini
Old 05-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Kuldiin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLS View Post
eqclient.ini
Worked thanks Now back to normal
Old 05-18-2010, 02:51 PM
WkimWes
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLS View Post
Later we plan to replace the bot system completely and make it part of core server functionality. With those we'll implement mercs. It is a rather large process and so it's only a todo atm.
Sweet, thanks for the response KLS and Trevius. I look forward to seeing that happen.