Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Chrono
Sarnak

Default WINEQ2 + Windows 7 64Bit Black Screen Error

I've just reinstalled EQ Titanium on my new PC, and encountered a weird problem.

I can run EQ fine with eqgame.exe patchme in windowed mode, but when I try to run it through WinEQ2, it tries to load to character select, has a black screen and then just crashes to desktop with no error. So I figure it must have something to do with WinEQ if I can run it fine with eqgame.exe

My operating system etc
- Windows 7 64 Bit Professional
- Nvidia GTX560ti (Drivers: 295.51 they are Beta drivers so I might try and downgrade in a bit to see if that makes any diff)

I've tried so far;
- Fresh reinstall of EQ/WINEQ2 (Installed to C:\EverQuest)
- A lot of compatibility modes on WinEQ
- Installing DX9c
- Tried turning off EQPlayNice, and a lot of other settings in WinEQ2.
- Changing desktop resolutions.

The funny thing is I had this exact same error with my ATI card like 4 days ago, I changed my eqclient.ini from FullscreenRefreshRate=0 to FullscreenRefreshRate=85 (Desktop Refresh Rate) and it actually allowed me to load into EQ through WinEQ2. But now I can't seem to fix it like that now, unless it was just pure coincidence, but I'm about to just give up but if any of you out there have came across this, could really use some help!

I'm gonna try reinstall graphics drivers in a bit and see how that helps
Old 02-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Chrono
Sarnak

Found the problem, I had TeamViewer 7 open. It has a feature called 'QuickLaunch' that tries to embed a button in the top of the screen to quickly share that window with someone.

To disable it go to Options -> Advanced -> Show Advanced -> The second line down it says, Quick Connect Button go to Configure and either disable eqgame.exe if you like the feature or just disable it completely.

Hope this helps someone as I was raging for about 4 hours :p
Old 02-28-2012, 04:17 PM
Rhyisa
Fire Beetle

Sweet going there Chrono! I've been thinking about doing a clean boot here real soon if WinEQ2 doesn't work.