Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:54 PM
iike
Fire Beetle

Default Eriviyn's future and you

Hey everyone!

As some of you may know, control of Eriviyn has been handed over to Kinglykrab. There have already been some changes to the way things work and plenty more are in store.

Some changes include:

Spells/disciplines no longer cost platinum
No more ambushes
No more donation window popping up every 30 minutes
No more paying Eriviyn tokens for buffs. These are all now given for free
It no longer takes 40-50 turn ins to get the Truthshard augment you're looking for. The new system allows you to pick the augment you want if you do not get one that fits the first time.
Instancing has been added to all raid content in Eriviyn with lockout timers to ensure no one is able to rush through raid content.
A boxing limit of 3 has been added. This was done before Drakiyth turned over control, but felt it should be mentioned anyway.

Kingly is open to suggestions/ideas about how to progress the server further. If you are someone who originally left Eriviyn due to lack of content, he has already agreed that more content will be added if the player base is there. If you've never given Eriviyn a look, why not hop on and try it out? Now is the best time as the server is getting a breath of fresh air. If you have any questions feel free to ask here or get on the server and shoot me a tell. I'll be happy to do my best to answer.

Hop on old players and new and give it a try.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:50 PM
Ozium
Sarnak

sounds great ! guess have to re-dl those files now and have some fun

ack just remembered all toon on one account as he didn't allow box at start...
Old 04-24-2015, 08:00 PM
iike
Fire Beetle

It's not hard to get new toons up and running anymore if you do choose to box, but everything below raid-tier content is solo-able now. Either way, come on back. Oh and Kingly said he can transfer characters from 1 account to another if you played before the boxing limit was 3.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:14 PM
Atrus
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by iike View Post
Hey everyone!

As some of you may know, control of Eriviyn has been handed over to Kinglykrab.
Congrats on handing off control to an 18 year old child who has, on many previous servers including this one, shown that he is purely motivated by the illusion of power that being a mod/GM/Guide gives him. You've been manipulated into handing creative control of your entire project over to a juvenile who goes server to server offering sub-par programming services in exchange for access he cannot be trusted with.

Did we all forget about the damage he has done to past EMU servers? Kildrukuan's Profecy where he littered random High Hold Keep NPCs with over powered weapons that his close player friends could go buy for 1 plat? Weapons that he told only certain people about which enabled even a level 1 toon to solo clear the Plane of Time in minutes which typically took a dozen players or more 3-4 hours to do?

Dude is corrupt, and he along with anyone working with him are suspect. You're all suspect. Goodluck to anyone playing here that put time into their characters on any project this cat has his greasy hands in.

Old 04-25-2015, 05:04 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrus View Post
Congrats on handing off control to an 18 year old child who has, on many previous servers including this one, shown that he is purely motivated by the illusion of power that being a mod/GM/Guide gives him. You've been manipulated into handing creative control of your entire project over to a juvenile who goes server to server offering sub-par programming services in exchange for access he cannot be trusted with.

Did we all forget about the damage he has done to past EMU servers? Kildrukuan's Profecy where he littered random High Hold Keep NPCs with over powered weapons that his close player friends could go buy for 1 plat? Weapons that he told only certain people about which enabled even a level 1 toon to solo clear the Plane of Time in minutes which typically took a dozen players or more 3-4 hours to do?

Dude is corrupt, and he along with anyone working with him are suspect. You're all suspect. Goodluck to anyone playing here that put time into their characters on any project this cat has his greasy hands in.

Sounds like someone is a little bit angry, too bad your bloated bullshit of a lie is just that, a lie.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:47 PM
rencro
Hill Giant

/popcorn

/cozyfire
Old 04-25-2015, 09:50 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

As I do not have the time, nor the willpower to host an unpopulated server, I will be releasing it to the public, to let you guys do as you please with its database, quests, and source code.

Quests: http://uppit.com/zrvt77b3ldvg/quests_and_plugins.rar
Database: http://uppit.com/xy4hf7bz36fe/db.rar
Source: http://uppit.com/s7lcc7r6874r/Source.rar
Old 04-25-2015, 10:09 PM
sculler
Sarnak

Then why did you tell Drak you would run/host it?

Is he ok with that?
Old 04-25-2015, 10:16 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

I told him I would host it under the pretense he would be assisting me with information, but that's not how it worked out, he has been gone since he transferred it. Also, I assume he'll be okay with it, but I have no way to ask him.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:23 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

I'd actually prefer to run an underpopulated server compared to a populated one x_x
Old 04-25-2015, 10:45 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
I'd actually prefer to run an underpopulated server compared to a populated one x_x
You're always against the mainstream though, you damn hipster! Haha.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:01 PM
ghanja
Dragon

I've got a server (as in physical hardware) wasting away. And plenty of bandwidth for the numbers that it had before all this. If for no other reason but to give the member base a place they can login where there efforts will still exist. Fairly certain I'm capable as well well, offer is on the table.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:08 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

I released the stuff, feel free to host it, it's up to you.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:06 AM
ghanja
Dragon

Eriviyn - Reincarnated is up. Ghanja's Testbed is down (not that it was ever unlocked, nor has it been 'used' since making a new testbed).

For those interested. Give me a day or so to become acclimated with the scripts and such before expecting any changes (good or bad). PM me with any questions or concerns. As to the "why?" - simply to preserve the place where few, many, mucho players called home/a home. Take that as you will.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:09 AM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrus View Post

Woah.... KK may be a HUGE faggot.. But over the years he's become OUR faggot. He's a good kid and he's a lot further along in coding knowledge than most of us were at his age. I doubt he has any intention of running Erivyn into the ground. And I'm pretty sure my comment is relevant due to our history.