Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-16-2022, 12:24 PM
Freejack
Sarnak

Default A couple oddities on the server I found......

Ok Since I am unsure of how the anticheat system fully works yet, I check and monitor what looks like odd behavior or unusual things.

I have found a couple of things:

1: I have found bowls and toolboxes being used instead of bags. Bowls that hold more than a bag? Toolbox I can see but a bowl which is used to combine materials holding more than a bag could hold.

2: I have found rings on characters that have (Test) on the end of the name.

All this was found due to the account deleting the characters and at a level that I just found odd. So I transferred them to my account and then inspected them. I think this individual was testing to see if anything had been fixed. They created 28 pages of MQ2 hacker reports.

Also is there a master list of banned IP's or player logins that is available to admins?
Old 02-16-2022, 12:49 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freejack View Post
Ok Since I am unsure of how the anticheat system fully works yet, I check and monitor what looks like odd behavior or unusual things.
Do yourself a favour and don't take that "anticheat system" too seriously. Since they re-implented it, I did some testing on my own server with it and there was many normal character actions that were wrongfully detected as /MQWARP, etc. All you can do is use it as a prompt to monitor and/or look into it. Best thing to do is look at the x,y,x to x,y,z in the table entry and go from there. But if you start looking into the hoards of entries, you're going to be too busy to do anything else, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freejack View Post
Also is there a master list of banned IP's or player logins that is available to admins?
That's a practice that would never be done, simply because of the rules of discretion. Would you want your user account information dished out to the public ? It really is individual server data that stays with that individual server. On most occasions, when a server releases a database for others to use, they wipe all the player data.
Old 02-16-2022, 01:13 PM
Freejack
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
Do yourself a favour and don't take that "anticheat system" too seriously. Since they re-implented it, I did some testing on my own server with it and there was many normal character actions that were wrongfully detected as /MQWARP, etc. All you can do is use it as a prompt to monitor and/or look into it. Best thing to do is look at the x,y,x to x,y,z in the table entry and go from there. But if you start looking into the hoards of entries, you're going to be too busy to do anything else, lol

That's a practice that would never be done, simply because of the rules of discretion. Would you want your user account information dished out to the public ? It really is individual server data that stays with that individual server. On most occasions, when a server releases a database for others to use, they wipe all the player data.
On the account info was not really looking for that, more an account name that is a known offender/abuser type thing. Some of the violations where done by characters from lvl 21 all the way down to lvl 1 and covering distances that just don't make logical sense.

As for the anti-cheat that is what I did. when a player who plays for 8 hours creates 28 pages of MQ2 offenses kinda catches your eye especially when I play and only create a few in 8 hours.
Old 02-16-2022, 03:38 PM
Drg
Fire Beetle

As far as your other two points:
1: I have found bowls and toolboxes being used instead of bags. Bowls that hold more than a bag? Toolbox I can see but a bowl which is used to combine materials holding more than a bag could hold.

It happens, things have different container amounts. If you don't like it change it in your database how much something can hold. By default, you can do up to 10 slots.

These are a result of the quest in the tutorial Flutterwing's Siblings which rewards a class-specific ring with (test) at the end of it by bringing a sibling back.
Old 02-16-2022, 03:42 PM
Freejack
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drg View Post
As far as your other two points:

It happens, things have different container amounts. If you don't like it change it in your database how much something can hold. By default, you can do up to 10 slots.

These are a result of the quest in the tutorial Flutterwing's Siblings which rewards a class-specific ring with (test) at the end of it by bringing a sibling back.
Thank you for that explanation.

On the bowl/bag issue was just wondering if there was a fix possible or is it just as it should be. I remember playing on the official servers and back then (talking 1999) we could not store those containers with more than a certain amount.
Old 02-16-2022, 04:34 PM
Drg
Fire Beetle

Some combines require that many slots to make the combination so it depends on how you have your trade skills configured. I wouldn't touch them personally, but you can also make larger bags just available by default which would remove the problem.
Old 02-16-2022, 08:19 PM
Freejack
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drg View Post
Some combines require that many slots to make the combination so it depends on how you have your trade skills configured. I wouldn't touch them personally, but you can also make larger bags just available by default which would remove the problem.
Would love to do that but have no clue where to start to make that change.