Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-26-2022, 05:53 AM
Freejack
Sarnak

Default Never have understood the need to cheat.........

I have played adventure games long before there was an internet and way before google was a word. In that time I have never understood why someone has the need to cheat in a game to just say they are better than everyone else.

Cheating does not make you better, having software to do what your supposed to do and learn how to do is not smarter or better. QOL things that help assist you with the mundane I understand but cheating to get a piece of equipment to make your character OP, you did not earn it so truly why?

I do see what is happening, they are doing ti to make OP characters and then exporting them to have them imported onto a server with that gear. Right now there is only one server publicly that I know is doing it. Sad though it will ruin the server. OP gear on not so good players makes for a very mundane place to be.

Sorry had to rant a little, people will abuse what ever they can just so they get what they want. If your a private server with importing existing characters you may want to nerf some of it.

I have always played this type of game for the adventure, was never into the number crunching and gear chasing, more of the what is in this area I am not supposed to be in since it is for lvl 45 and I am oh 26.......That kind of player, curious and having fun while doing it whether it was Everquest or World Of Warcraft. It also seems the players of both got to a point and noticed things being handed out and not really earned so it made that item you acquired after hundreds of hours seem not so much worth it since it was the new candy to draw new players who did not want to do what you did to get it.

Ah well it is what it is and it will always be as it is.

Why am I ranting, I am preaching to the choir, lol.
Old 02-26-2022, 10:00 AM
Firepaw
Fire Beetle

Hate to burst your bubble, but transferring across servers in most cases is not gonna happen. Different servers are built differently and use different items max level etc. Transferring from a server with big numbers on gear to say p99 would never happen. Not to be rude but unless they mq2d all the way to the items on a server where that’s illegal they probably did it fairly
Old 02-26-2022, 08:15 PM
Freejack
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepaw View Post
Hate to burst your bubble, but transferring across servers in most cases is not gonna happen. Different servers are built differently and use different items max level etc. Transferring from a server with big numbers on gear to say p99 would never happen. Not to be rude but unless they mq2d all the way to the items on a server where that’s illegal they probably did it fairly
You missed the entire conversation and if your using the DB import for the character and it is setup using the client export, the character can be imported.

In most cases the characters have stock peq items, just items that would be not normally on a character at said lvl. Did I also mention there is only one server that I know of publicly importing characters (I think I did).

See you mention mq2d which I monitor, but from what I have been told it is truly un-reliable. To my experience in using MQ2 the one that is allowed to be used you don't generate 28 pages of violations. In my 300 hours I only have 4 total in the 42 pages that I have. So I think it is reliable and does show those violating the use. As I said people will cheat no matter what to get what they want. Instead of just playing for the love of adventure.

If you don't understand the import process that is not done thru a DB dump you might want to read about it. Just do a search for eqemu character import and it should show you the website for the server which has all the tools and explains how to do it from your client, requiring no server admin to export your character.

Have a great day......
Old 02-27-2022, 04:31 AM
Firepaw
Fire Beetle

There was no mention of one server doing this, I interpretted it as a blanket statement tho so that could be on me. Anyhow, being fairly confident in sql and understanding the logistics that would be required to import a character its not as simple as hit a button and bam your character is on a new server. items exist on some servers that dont on others and that right there would cause inventory issues at least not to mention the previous issues and probably more. On that note I am very curious what server would import characters from other servers? Been here quite a while and other than maybe an xfer p99 from red to blue (which I dont believe they do) I dont think it would be feasible to xfer from server to server on a regular basis with the current infrastructure. On that note classless/chainbreaker has a great method of blocking mq2 and Im not entirely sure how they did it. People would have to redesign mq2 for the classless client to use mq2 on chainbreaker which they probably wont bother to do.
Old 03-01-2022, 02:42 AM
Freejack
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepaw View Post
There was no mention of one server doing this, I interpretted it as a blanket statement tho so that could be on me. Anyhow, being fairly confident in sql and understanding the logistics that would be required to import a character its not as simple as hit a button and bam your character is on a new server. items exist on some servers that dont on others and that right there would cause inventory issues at least not to mention the previous issues and probably more. On that note I am very curious what server would import characters from other servers? Been here quite a while and other than maybe an xfer p99 from red to blue (which I dont believe they do) I dont think it would be feasible to xfer from server to server on a regular basis with the current infrastructure. On that note classless/chainbreaker has a great method of blocking mq2 and Im not entirely sure how they did it. People would have to redesign mq2 for the classless client to use mq2 on chainbreaker which they probably wont bother to do.
Not against MQ2 use as long as it is within the rules and the version. Would be nice to be able to block everything not the approved version. My server offers bots and mercs so I don't get why the need to cheat. I can also shutdown the use of mq2 by changing the server rules. Would be nice to have a few more tools to make this a more equal playing field.