Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-07-2022, 03:06 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

Default Old Server Update

So I haven't updated my server in honestly I think 3 or 4 years at this point. I Can't even remember how to do this because its been sooooo long. I know my server is Pre Lua update I think so there is some conversion that needs to happen. If someone wouldn't mind reaching out to me I would appreciate it.
Old 05-22-2022, 10:59 AM
lymontyme
Sarnak

Ooh, you will probably have to do a complete reinstall. I can safely say that one of the changes (the switch to the "Strawberry" variety of Perl) has happened in the past couple of years and wrecks everything. The new database doesn't work with the old Perl that used to be pre-packaged with the Windows install. Also many of the tables have different structures now, and the server side maps have also gone through massive changes.

Do you have a lot of customizations in your server? You can try exporting your database to SQL, but I have a hunch you will run into trouble on re-import if any fields have been deleted or reformatted in the last few years. Full backward compatibility is very unlikely. Another idea might be to write a bunch of SQL scripts that capture only the tables/fields that are most important to you, and hope those fields still exist in the same format on the new DB. It'll be a lot of work but I don't know what else to do.

Edit: As for scripts, this thread seems to indicate there isn't a universal converter, but I see something promising if you search for the word "dump" about halfway down (not that I understand it):
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...scripts-to-lua

Last edited by lymontyme; 05-22-2022 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: FART