Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 07-21-2022, 09:35 AM
ManticMatt
Fire Beetle

Default booted at login

Can't log in to any server on the list. Not p99, not ez server. Restarted router and modem, re-installed. It's not just my computer, it's my GF's too. I think it's IP related. Please help. I get booted to login screen before it even loads the characters.
Old 07-21-2022, 11:26 AM
Toony
Sarnak

Doubtful it's your ip if it happens with multiple servers.

What client are you using?

Also, the p99 files are incompatible with every other eqemu server, they use unique files to their server.
Old 07-21-2022, 01:18 PM
ManticMatt
Fire Beetle

Ty Toony. I just used a VPN and can log in just fine. This affects my computer and my GF's. Neither of us can log in regularly. I don't want to play on a VPN. I just found it interesting that the VPN works. This is clearly IP related
Old 07-21-2022, 01:19 PM
ManticMatt
Fire Beetle

I'm using Titanium for p99 and I think underfoot or something for EZ server. I followed the instructions and had no problems connecting until yesterday.
Old 07-21-2022, 03:27 PM
ToXiN06
Fire Beetle

Could be a bad route. May have to continue usin a VPN and try back in a few days and see if it's fixed. You can try a traceroute to the login server with your regular IP but regular traceroutes are pretty commonly blocked now by ISPs.
Old 07-21-2022, 03:37 PM
ManticMatt
Fire Beetle

I tried /flushdns and no luck. VPN still works. Been playing since 2012 and never had this problem.
Old 07-21-2022, 04:14 PM
ManticMatt
Fire Beetle

You might have a rogue admin on your hands. Someone with access and wants to deny people they run into ingame and get mad at. There is zero reason my ip should be banned. It never was before, but it is now. Maybe this is an ip exemption problem, but I already asked someone in p99 who I know has an exemption, so I ruled that out. There is very little to suggest it isn't the work of someone who wanted to flex their peen.
Old 07-21-2022, 04:44 PM
ManticMatt
Fire Beetle

If you are reading this, talk to me. I won't expose you. I know what it feels like to be an outcast. I just don't get why you would do this to me. There is no other explanation. Just talk to me, please.
Old 07-21-2022, 04:46 PM
ManticMatt
Fire Beetle

Of course you can't talk here. and I don't want to make a fake email address. Just stop.
Old 07-21-2022, 05:29 PM
ToXiN06
Fire Beetle

You're definitely over reacting here. If you can't use ANY server without a VPN, it's a routing issue that you just have to wait to get resolved. It happens. If you can't connect specifically to P99 without a VPN, you're likely banned. If you were banned banned by an EQEmu administrator I don't see why you'd even be able to log in.
Old 07-21-2022, 05:38 PM
ManticMatt
Fire Beetle

If this is a temporary ban I will update when I can log back in. There is no reason for it, whatsoever though
Old 07-21-2022, 05:39 PM
ManticMatt
Fire Beetle

I've played for 10 years and never had this issue
Old 07-21-2022, 05:48 PM
ManticMatt
Fire Beetle

How is it a routing issue if my using a VPN fixes it? Because it is routed from an address that isn't blocked?
Old 07-21-2022, 05:49 PM
ManticMatt
Fire Beetle

Why does it affect Eva's computer too? It's obviously an IP block. Can you explain why multiple computers would be blocked but as soon as I hide my IP with vpn it all of a sudden works...
Old 07-21-2022, 05:51 PM
ManticMatt
Fire Beetle

My opinion is an eqemu admin, or someone with equivalent access, banned me and didn't even make a ticket.