Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-27-2018, 01:15 PM
Shodai82
Sarnak

Default UltimateEQ - Progression Server With Custom Content

I'm happy to officially announce UltimateEQ even though we have been up for a good week now, testing away. There is already a healthy group of folks playing, and we'd like to invite many more to come. Without further ado, a rundown of features:

Main Feature Rundown

-Max Level: 70
-Players: 1-4 (3 per IP Address Max)
-Raids: Tuned and on a 1-hour respawn timer.
-XP: Greatly increased while still retaining a sense of progression.
-Progression: Traditional through POP.
-Custom Progression Quest: Quests for each era, through POP.
-4 Tiers of Custom Loot: Purchasable via currency earned each time you kill mobs. The currency you get depends on the level of the mob.
-Custom End-Game: Hand-crafted instances available after POP. They come with scaling monsters based on your Ultimate Rank, custom events, and great loot.
-Custom Crafting: Forge will make you Ultimate Weapons and Armor.
-Gambler: Reroll your custom end-game items for even better ones...or lose them completely...
-Uber Bosses: Turn in custom currency (Ultimate Tokens) dropped within the end-game to spawn the most powerful mobs on the server. Amazing loot, but you will want to bring some friends!
-Treasure Goblins: Rumor has it they carry a lot of coin and famous old-world loot.
-Classes: All are tuned and powerful! No flavor of the month here.
-Custom Augments: Epic --> Epic Augment for those who like doing the epic questline, and others via custom currency.
-Tons of unique (and often powerful) clickies that are always usable from inventory, which makes for some very interesting class -> non-class spell interactions.
-MQ: We don't mind track, but warp abuse is a bad idea!
-Regen: Fast HP/Mana/End regen on rested state.
-Client: Should work fine with all EQ clients.
-Conveniences: Custom translocator, cash for AA vendor, race changer, buffer, spell trainer (spells/discs/etc are also auto-learned in most cases).

Philosophy

Progression without pain, but with a sense of accomplishment is our keystone.

We have fond memories of servers like Imperium, Addicted Dads, and Leetsauce. Our hope is that this server incorporates some of the things we liked in those, along with our own twist. The custom content should keep folks coming back for a long time, and we will continually add additional instances for that. The custom gear should make you feel powerful and make things fun. Little touches like treasure goblins will keep the mood light.

Contact

Forum: ultimateeq.com
Discord: http://discord.gg/QyEq5hG

Last edited by Uleat; 02-23-2019 at 10:42 PM.. Reason: updated ip max per op
Old 07-02-2018, 12:34 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Good dev.

He listens and fixes stuff.

I rarely speak fondly of anyone....

Old 07-02-2018, 05:24 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
Good dev.

He listens and fixes stuff.

I rarely speak fondly of anyone....
This is true, I've spoke with the Developer too, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Definitely a server worth looking in to.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Nice to see some driven new blood around here!
Old 07-03-2018, 11:24 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Nice to see some driven new blood around here!
Whats wrong?

Are you already getting tired of me? :(

Old 07-05-2018, 10:11 PM
Sturm
Hill Giant

I'll pop in to say hi one day Crank.
Happy Adventuring!
Old 07-13-2018, 09:24 AM
Shodai82
Sarnak

Updated Discord Link: https://discord.gg/HMp5cR
Old 07-13-2018, 04:23 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

You’ll have to make a new invite link, the one you posted already expired. When you make an invite link there’s an option to make it a non-expiring invite link. Should solve having to post new links.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:58 PM
Shodai82
Sarnak

Just an update - A massive amount of custom content has been added since this initial post. We have been averaging 40-50 folks most nights, with spikes higher. We are always looking for more!
Old 08-02-2018, 04:33 PM
Adol77
Fire Beetle

Have been enjoying the server since it started. The developer (Shodai) puts a ton of time and effort into the server, and is receptive to player feedback. The raid content so far is balanced around 4-6 toons and is fun and rewarding. I would highly recommend checking it out!
Old 08-03-2018, 07:06 AM
lgsource1
Fire Beetle

Seems like a fun concept and the developer seems like a good dude. Developers that dont implode and delete their servers after a few months seem to be more and more rare.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:21 PM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

This server is dope. The progression speed feels perfect, not too fast and not too slow. Friendly community and the staff is constantly making balancing corrections as well as new content. I've been around the eqemu community for over 10 years and this server is up there with the best! Let's make them Green!
Old 08-03-2018, 09:43 PM
Andercross
Fire Beetle

Great server, great response to the very few bugs we've seen. New content has been coming out that has actual challenge. Some drop rate increases in the lower tier have been implemented recently, so it's a great time to join and get caught up with folks. Community seems great in helping answer questions.

Hope you come check it out. If you do and end up with any questions, ooc will definitely help out - or send me a tell on Sally/Silly/Punk/Random.

-Funk
Old 08-18-2018, 12:42 PM
Shodai82
Sarnak

We now have, in addition to our base progression, 7 Ultimate Progression zones (Ultimate Sleeper's Tomb and Ubers launched this week). Each of this zones have 25-100 unique loot drops each, many new spells, and so forth. It's been a really eventful couple of months and I would encourage those interested to come take a look.

I have also worked quite a lot on quality of life changes, smoothed out progression, and updated class gaps - they have gone over extremely well. If you are interested in playing, by all means come visit us or check the forum at http://ultimateeq.freeforums.net/. You can also view all the content updates that have been made since I started logging them (there is a lot!) in the changelog section of the forum.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:59 AM
lgsource1
Fire Beetle

Come join the fun! (we have pancakes)..

Tags
custom content, progression