Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:32 PM
mongor
Fire Beetle

Unhappy Been a few years

It's been a few years since I been on this site. Now that all my kids are all grown and moved out, I decided I might enjoy playing Everquest again. Jeesh! a lot has changed. I noticed you all have new ways of playing this. I used to be able to make my own server and play god. Was most fun! I have searched all over the forums to get what I need to be able to do it again.

What I used to have was axclassic peq setup. It was from what I remember a complete package and had step by step instructions. I have downloaded and installed the new eqemu setup. Pretty nice! when it was done I could quickly log in and join already created servers.

That's fine but that's now what I wanted. I want my own private play place. Preferably offline. I want to play god. lol. I am exhausted searching, reading, clicking on dead links, etc. I noticed in this new package there is a MariaDB. that's different. Anyways, is there a complete setup package that will pretty much get me going? I am old man now and my brain isn't being cooperative with all these changes and hoop jumping. Unless I totally missing something, it seemed to be easier setting up back then. Only had to do a couple things. Minilogin, eqhost, and something else. Maybe it's been so long I forgot how much work is involved? lol!

Sorry for the nooby whines, but I been banging my head on this for couple days. Thanks! I hope this was ok to post here. Not sure where to post.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:07 AM
Uleat
Developer

These are my config files for running a localhost server.

login.ini - http://wiki.eqemulator.org/i?M=Pastebin&Paste=Iq5InHLy#
eqemu_config.json - http://wiki.eqemulator.org/i?M=Pastebin&Paste=FVFBCFyr#

The guide pretty much covers the bases - https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki/Windows-Server

You'll want to use this batch file - t_start_server_with_login_server.bat

MariaDB is just a replacement for MySQL .. made by the same guy, I believe?

You can use either the command line console or the included HeidiSQL GUI interface for editing your database.

Beyond that, it's just a simple boot up and login

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 12-14-2018 at 12:16 AM..
Old 12-15-2018, 07:02 PM
mongor
Fire Beetle

Default Thank you

Thank you for helping me. Appreciate it. I am still trying to figure this out. I did get my world to show up but when I try to log in it says I cant because I have 0 of 0 expansions. ugh. I noticed when I start server it shows in red letters it can find peq database. Everquest titanium is installed in its default location. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\. Maybe it needed to be installed someplace else? Anyhow, That's where I am atm. Still trying to figure out where to place the info. Still working on where my IP goes. lots of 127.0.0.1 everywhere so I am not sure if my IP goes in all their places or just in a couple of spots. Thanks for your help! I will keep plucking away at it.