Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:52 AM
Mogdar
Sarnak

Default Character Crashes Client

Here is what happened.

Created a character.

Tweaked him out a bit and created bots and did some macros for him.

Logged in and played in tutorialb long enough to level to 10. All was good and smooth as glass.

When I finished all the quests I did #zone commons and the client crashed, server is fine though.

It now crashes each time I try to enter that character but I can get into other characters I've created.

As more info, the first crash I had was when I was creating a tailored legendary pack on a different character.

I created 1 and put in inventory. When I created a second and tried to put it in inventory, the client crashed. Looked at the database and was able to locate the items, I deleted both and was able to get back into the character.

It IS reproduceable. I can now create ONE legendary bag on that character and as soon as I try to drop it into my inventory it will crash the client...delete it and character works.

I am running the client under WINE but previously I have had no problems running in live EQ with a different client. This client is UF and used ONLY for connecting to my server so no it has not updated or anything like that.

Any ideas of where to start troubleshooting? Any way to get back into the character that crashed during zoning? The other one is currently working as long as I dont' create any more legendary packs for him LOL.

UPDATE:
I tried logging into the character from a winxp box I have and was able to get into it so evidently it is something to do with my client on linux. Any ideas what to look for? If I want to start with a fresh client is the character INI's and the eqclient.INI the only files I need to copy over to keep my settings the same? That's all I can remember from the past. Haven't been playing much for the past year or so and then it was on live and I didn't have to do anything to the client, just play.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:03 AM
Dunge0nMastr
Hill Giant

are the bags bigger than 10 slots? Im pretty sure anything > 10 slot bags will crash out the clients.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:24 AM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

yes, Tailored Legendary Pack is a 14 slot container added with House of Thule. It will crash clients before that.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Mogdar
Sarnak

That explains that one. You guys are great!!

Any ideas on the other character that crashed during zoning?
Old 03-04-2014, 10:43 AM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

Does underfoot have the commons (zone 21) zonefiles as standard?

The updated cmmons is called commonlands (zone 408 ).

Last edited by dagulus2; 03-04-2014 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: bloody retarded smilies
Old 03-04-2014, 11:29 AM
Mogdar
Sarnak

Dagulus, I'm sorry but I will have to show my ignorance. Which files are the zone files so I can check? In the client root directory I see both commons and commonlands files with multiple file extensions.

Thankfully, ignorance is curable with knowledge though.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:10 PM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

I think if you have the three .s3d files (commons.s3d, commons_chr.s3d and commons_obj.s3d) in their you should be good.

Either way, try pressing the 'return home' button on the character and see if that fixes it.