Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:23 PM
kedra
Sarnak

Default COHPVP - Open Beta Begins 1/23/2009

I will be opening the server for good this Friday evening at approximately 5:00PM CST.

We've had several test nights and I'm fairly confident that most of the major bugs have been worked out. Of course, I'm sure we'll encounter new ones eventually, so you can count on the server being up at all times except when we need to address things like this.

The server will remain in this testing phase until I'm satisfied that it is, more or less, completely self-sufficient. One of our goal from the beginning has been to create solid PVP and PVE environments where players wont have to rely on admin to intervene to fix things. So I probably won't consider the server 'finished' until I am no longer needed (or at least needed rarely). Whether or not that will ever happen, we'll see...

As for character wipes in the future, I don't foresee any reason to wipe characters unless any *major* bugs or exploits are found which would require us to.

If you'd like to find out more about the server, please visit our website at http://www.cohpvp.net.

We're very excited about opening the server up. We've had a lot of fun and received a lot of positive feedback about the server and the PVP system.

We hope to see you there!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:42 AM
Minuss
Sarnak

This server looks promising! I never had the chance of joining you during one of these "open night" testing because of some timezones issues so I can't wait to test it out!
I hope it will be stable and that a lot of people will be able to join.

See you around.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Ueguvil
Hill Giant

This server sounds amazing.

If only I could pvp...
Old 01-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

Everyone can PvP! Just think of it as a poorly programmed NPC that talks back.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:47 PM
sampy04
Fire Beetle

Wow, this server sounds awesome. /e-medal.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Rabbi-Dan
Fire Beetle

This server has the best PvP of any EQ server I've played on. Everything is very well balanced. Permadeath and full item loot create this deep feeling of risk vs. reward that I haven't felt since early UO.

It takes about one hour of uninterrupted levelling to get to level 50. About one level per dark blue that you kill. The PvE is also fun because of the random item loot. It's not bad levelling up when you never know what you're going to get loot wise, and always have the chance of getting something great! I heartily endorse this server.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:03 AM
polk
Fire Beetle

I played on most of the beta days, and I can definitely say that this is a server worth checking out. The risk involved in pvp makes it much, much more fun and involved than pvp where you don't lose anything. The admin(s) really know what they're doing and are very involved with us players. Personally, I love the custom set up as well.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:31 PM
crazycloud727
Fire Beetle

Bump... server rocks : ).. its a fun server if you could handle a little grief : ).
Old 06-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Vierafien
Fire Beetle

What ever happened to this server?