Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-18-2016, 02:50 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Default Anyone gotten TAK database working recently?

I'm trying to load up a tak database from here:
http://www.takproject.net/redirect/
the monthly database dump.

It isn't quite working for me. In heidisql I renamed the tbl... tables to loginserver_... and set everything to accept null values and I could get an account to create. However I cannot see the server in the server select screen. Does anyone know what the issue could be? Perhaps it is a missing table in the database that my server is searching for or could it be something as simple as changing config files (everything is working with a PEQ database so I assume nothing needs to change if I'm just changing the database)? Any thoughts? Thanks.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:42 AM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

If you're trying to use it with the EQEmu server, it's not going to work. The DB schemas are different.

Also, learn to check your log files. There are likely a ton of errors there about tables not being right.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:45 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0ctrnl View Post
If you're trying to use it with the EQEmu server, it's not going to work. The DB schemas are different.

Also, learn to check your log files. There are likely a ton of errors there about tables not being right.
Ok thanks a bunch.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:55 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

I got old lavastorm pretty much functional. For anyone curious what I did was load up the tak database, pull the data, load back up the peq database and modify peq accordingly. To do this load up TAK database, open heidisql, go to a table of interest like 'zone' or 'zone points', click the 'data' tab at the top to see the data, then right click on any of the table data and at the bottom it should say 'export grid rows'. Click that then hit ok to everything and paste that into excel.

The data that is needed is the 'safe' coordinates in the 'zone' table, all of the lavastorm data in the 'zone_points' table, 'spawn2' table, and probably 'ground_spawn'. At this point you need to manually change the data in your peq database to match the lavastorm data in the TAK database. In order to zone into lavastorm correctly you need to also edit zone data from the areas that zone into lavastorm to make sure the coordinates and heading are correct so you don't zone into lava.

Also I will go back and see if it has any modified nektulos data to see if I can improve things there a bit but old nektulos is working pretty well.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:59 PM
DanCanDo
Discordant

That's kewl how yu did that. I use MySQL along with Navicat, but something I've done in
the past with navicat is an option to simply right click on a table or table row and dump it
to an sql file, then source it back in to another db. I wonder if I can pull that off with the
tak db.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:25 AM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

I hope you didn't spend a ton of time on this. http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38301
Old 09-21-2016, 03:25 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanCanDo View Post
That's kewl how yu did that. I use MySQL along with Navicat, but something I've done in
the past with navicat is an option to simply right click on a table or table row and dump it
to an sql file, then source it back in to another db. I wonder if I can pull that off with the
tak db.
That would be a lot easier, nice I will have to look into doing that.

Quote:
I hope you didn't spend a ton of time on this. http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38301
A quick summary would be nice, I looked through that thread and didn't really see a solution. My client has no eqg files I am running all old maps. The map isn't the problem the problem is the server is dishing out coordinates that correspond to the new zone not the old zone.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:26 AM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

Ya know what, nevermind. If you can't be bothered to actually read the thread then I'm done trying to save you time and effort.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:34 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Quote:
Ya know what, nevermind. If you can't be bothered to actually read the thread then I'm done trying to save you time and effort.
For anyone reading; a ways down on that thread knowom shows how to insert values into a database using mysql in case you don't use heidisql. He has some updated zone_points and zone safepoints but changing the monster spawn points in spawn2 would be a little more involved using that method.
Old 11-28-2016, 03:54 AM
kokey98
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanCanDo View Post
tak db.
this isn't too old, but maybe on the internet it is...

if you can export as a text csv or text anythign with a specific delimiter, it's very easy to use a spreadshet program to alter format. if the columns are in a different order or whatever, it's easy to adjust it.

if anything has a consistent chagne you can even use a column on another worksheet to make the change with a formula and a few clicks. i guess same as a sql command after the fact, too, but maybe in some situations useful.