Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-29-2019, 09:25 PM
iceman115571
Fire Beetle

Default Custom Faction Issue

Hello everyone 1st time posting here generally I read through the forums and my answer is somewhere to be found. I recently got my server up and running having lots of fun and now decided to add some custom content. NPC to start with on it own custom faction. I read through this post here https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...Z0A1UyaxlzcOm2 and have followed it excatly. In fact have tried a couple times with the same result. After some monsters are killed that give faction the text reads..... Your faction standing with faction 1360 has gotten better. It does not name the faction Kunark Merchants that I gave it in the database. I have checked my character faction table and no matter what my value is the npc still cons indifferent. The npc is on the correct faction and the character I used was not a GM. Is there possibly a table in the database not listed in the post I followed that I need to add an entry to to? Or where else could I be going wrong?
Thanks for the read
Old 08-30-2019, 08:19 PM
iceman115571
Fire Beetle

Somebody? Anybody? Any suggestions on where to look for a mistake?
Old 08-30-2019, 10:07 PM
Uleat
Developer

The faction system was reworked a little since that was written..

..try adding the entry to table `client_faction_names` as well.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 08-30-2019, 10:11 PM
noudess
Discordant

Has the server or zone been rebooted since you added the changes?

The factions get loaded at runtime. The # is only used in the message if the faction isn't found in the list of factions loaded in at startup.

To be clear, 1360 is the id (index) into faction_list or into npc_faction?
Old 08-30-2019, 11:11 PM
iceman115571
Fire Beetle

Thank you Uleat I will try that after work in couple hours. The 1360 is in the npc_faction table. And the name in that table is Kunark_Merchants and primary faction is 5060 a new entry I created in the faction_list table with name as Kunark Merchants and base set to 0
Thanks for the replies I'll post update after I try Uleat suggestion in couple hours. Would that also affect why my toons con indifferent no matter thier values with that faction?
And also yes the server has been restarted since multiple times as I've tried different things to resolve it also tried #reloadmerchants and #repop to force the NPC to respawn as he is a merchant.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:46 PM
Uleat
Developer

I'll defer to noudess since he was instrumental in effecting the changes.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 08-31-2019, 02:34 AM
iceman115571
Fire Beetle

ok i just got home and looked and i don't have a table in my DB called client_faction_names. Any other suggestions?
Old 08-31-2019, 03:13 AM
iceman115571
Fire Beetle

Update problem is solved in my script for the mobs i was killing to give faction i thought was supposed to be adding to my custom Kunark Merchants faction was indeed adding faction to unnamed 1360 faction. i had 1360 in the script for faction to add to on kill and not the 5060 ID that i created if that makes sense therefore i actually had no faction besides indifferent for the new custom merchant on the new faction. straightened the script out and everything is working fine. thank you for the replies they made me look at everything over again and realize my mistake.
Old 08-31-2019, 09:02 AM
noudess
Discordant

Glad it worked out.