Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::MiniLogin

Support::MiniLogin Support forum for problems with the official MiniLogin release.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:33 PM
kavren
Sarnak

Default question about new build of EQEmuLoginServer

My problem: My server isn't showing up in my server select portion of my client.

I've been having problems with the EQEmuLoginServer that is pre-made that you can download, so i am trying to use the one from the latest build and for some reason my server isn't showing up in my server select portion of my client. I have compiled the latest source stuff, following the "http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=VS2008" guide.

Also, on my EQEmu Login Server dialogue box, it has a line that says "Server EQ3(eq3) did not attempt to login but this server requires a password". I don't know if this is normal or if this is a warning sign of something.

Also, when I try to do a quick connect to my server (i got into it previously via an older version of eqemuloginserver) I get this error in the log files
Code:
[Network] [08.06.10 - 14:14:52] New Titanium client connection from 10.1.60.52:55642
[Network] [08.06.10 - 14:14:52] Application packet recieved from client (size 14)
[Network] [08.06.10 - 14:14:52] Session ready recieved from client.
[Network] [08.06.10 - 14:14:52] Application packet recieved from client (size 36)
[Network] [08.06.10 - 14:14:52] Login recieved from client.
[Client] [08.06.10 - 14:14:52] User: johnhu
[Client] [08.06.10 - 14:14:52] Hash: 46c80c42aee41cae5bdd1595f2eefd7fcde422d7
[Network] [08.06.10 - 14:14:52] Application packet recieved from client (size 12)
[Network] [08.06.10 - 14:14:52] Server list request recieved from client.
[Network] [08.06.10 - 14:14:52] Application packet recieved from client (size 16)
[Network] [08.06.10 - 14:14:52] Play recieved from client, server number 1 sequence 5.
[Client Error] [08.06.10 - 14:14:52] Client requested a user to world but supplied an invalid id of 1.
From there I:
  • copied login.ini, login_opcodes.conf, login_opcodes_sod.conf from the "\trunk\EQEmuServer\EQEmuLoginServer\login_uti l" dir to my emuserver dir
  • copied EQEmuAuthCrypto.dll from the "trunk\EQEmuServer\EQEmuLoginServer\login_util\ms\ release" dir to my emuserver dir
  • did a build of the "EQEmuLoginServer.sln" from the "trunk\EQEmuServer" dir, then copied the "EQEmuLoginServer.exe" from the "trunk\EQEmuServer\Release" dir to my emuserver dir
  • then ran "EQEmuLoginServerDBInstall.sql" from the "trunk\EQEmuServer\EQEmuLoginServer\login_util " dir against my "peq" db
  • then adjusted my tables in my peq db that need to be adjusted for the EQEmuLoginServer
  • as a side note, i also have a separate db called peqlogindb and i have tried the same thing with it (ie putting int he tables, adjusting them, and having the login.ini file pointing to said db

this is my login.ini file

Code:
[database]
host = localhost
port = 3306
db = peq
user = XXXX
password = XXXX
subsystem = MySQL

[options]
unregistered_allowed = TRUE
reject_duplicate_servers = FALSE
trace = TRUE
world_trace = FALSE
dump_packets_in = FALSE
dump_packets_out = FALSE
listen_port = 5998
local_network = 10.1.60.

[security]
plugin = EQEmuAuthCrypto
mode = 5

[Titanium]
port = 5998
opcodes = login_opcodes.conf

[SoD]
port = 5999
opcodes = login_opcodes_sod.conf

[schema]
account_table = tblLoginServerAccounts
world_registration_table = tblWorldServerRegistration
world_admin_registration_table = tblServerAdminRegistration
world_server_type_table = tblServerListType
Here is my tblloginserveraccounts
Code:
`tblloginserveraccounts` VALUES ('1', 'Admin', '5baa61e4c9b93f3f0682250b6cf8331b7ee68fd8', '2010-08-06 12:54:06', 'admin@somewhere.com', '2010-08-06 12:54:06', '127.0.0.1');
`tblloginserveraccounts` VALUES ('2', 'NAME', '46c80c42aee41cae5bdd1595f2eefd7fcde422d7', '2010-08-06 12:57:38', 'admin@somewhere.com', '2010-08-06 13:13:10', '10.1.60.52');
Here is my tblserveradminregistration
Code:
`tblserveradminregistration` VALUES ('1', 'Admin', 'Password', 'Tom', 'Wilson', 'Tom.Wilson@gmail.com', '2010-08-06 12:54:06', '0.0.0.0');
Here is my tblserverlisttype
Code:
`tblserverlisttype` VALUES ('1', 'Legends');
`tblserverlisttype` VALUES ('2', 'Preferred');
`tblserverlisttype` VALUES ('3', 'Standard');
Here is my tblworldserverregistration
Code:
`tblworldserverregistration` VALUES ('1', 'EQ3', 'eqserver', 'eq3', '2', null, null, '1', '0', null);

My servers IP is 10.1.60.4

My Clients IP is 10.1.60.52

Any ideas on how to get my server to show up in the server select portion of my client?
Old 08-11-2010, 07:45 AM
Verinas
Fire Beetle

Figure anything out? I'm having the same issue.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Andrew80k
Dragon

I've used the prepackaged one for a while. I've never been able to get the one I build from the svn to work.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:31 PM
kavren
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verinas View Post
Figure anything out? I'm having the same issue.
Not totally. I *think* I made a new discovery though. if the servers "long name" is too short, it messes things up. I have changed my servers "long name" from "eq3" to "this is a long name" and I think it has cleared up some startup errors, but I still have my primary problem of the server not showing up in the server select list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew80k View Post
I've used the prepackaged one for a while. I've never been able to get the one I build from the svn to work.
I'm having a problem with the prepackaged version where it will work for logging in, but after a day of no one logging into the server, the login process dialogue box will terminate and I will need to start it up again. That is the reason I am trying the new build.

In the changelog notes for the new builds, it seems that the new EQEmuLoginServer is being worked on. I assume it works then, I just don't know what I am doing wrong.

Anyone have a guide on how to get a new build of EQEmuLoginServer working correctly?
Old 08-11-2010, 07:06 PM
pfyon
Discordant

I've had no problem with the EQEmuLoginServer compiled myself on Ubuntu server 8.04 or 10.04.

I remember it being a little tricky figuring out which entries went in which tables, but I thought the developers added some dummy entries now.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:46 PM
kavren
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfyon View Post
I've had no problem with the EQEmuLoginServer compiled myself on Ubuntu server 8.04 or 10.04.

I remember it being a little tricky figuring out which entries went in which tables, but I thought the developers added some dummy entries now.
Let me preface this with a "I'm not a big linux guy". When you use a newly compiled EQEmuLoginServer in linux, are you using WINE? How different do you think your use of EQEmuLoginServer is to my windows use?

Would you mind if I asked some questions of you about your install and setup of you EQEmuLoginServer solution?
Old 08-11-2010, 11:01 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavren View Post
Let me preface this with a "I'm not a big linux guy". When you use a newly compiled EQEmuLoginServer in linux, are you using WINE? How different do you think your use of EQEmuLoginServer is to my windows use?

Would you mind if I asked some questions of you about your install and setup of you EQEmuLoginServer solution?
I'm not using it under WINE, I compiled it on my Ubuntu 10.04 server. If by "use", you mean behaviour, windows and linux login servers should be indistinguishable from each other to the client.

I'll do my best to help you.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:27 PM
kavren
Sarnak

I did a compile of the EQEmuLoginServer.sln and I have the below for my login.ini

Code:
[database]
host = localhost
port = 3306
db = peq
user = XXXX
password = XXXX
subsystem = MySQL

[options]
trace = TRUE
world_trace = FALSE
dump_packets_in = FALSE
dump_packets_out = FALSE
listen_port = 5998
local_network = 10.1.60.

[security]
plugin = EQEmuAuthCrypto
mode = 5

[Titanium]
port = 5998

[SoD]
port = 5999

[schema]

I've

* copied login.ini, login_opcodes.conf, login_opcodes_sod.conf from the "\trunk\EQEmuServer\EQEmuLoginServer\login_uti l" dir to my emuserver dir
* copied EQEmuAuthCrypto.dll from the "trunk\EQEmuServer\EQEmuLoginServer\login_util \ms\ release" dir to my emuserver dir
* did a build of the "EQEmuLoginServer.sln" from the "trunk\EQEmuServer" dir, then copied the "EQEmuLoginServer.exe" from the "trunk\EQEmuServer\Release" dir to my emuserver dir
* then ran "EQEmuLoginServerDBInstall.sql" from the "trunk\EQEmuServer\EQEmuLoginServer\login_util " dir against my "peq" db
* then adjusted my tables in my peq db that need to be adjusted for the EQEmuLoginServer
* as a side note, i also have a separate db called peqlogindb and i have tried the same thing with it (ie putting int he tables, adjusting them, and having the login.ini file pointing to said db

and with all that, my server isn't showing up in my server select portion of my client. My client and server computers are separate computers on the same network. My server's "long name" has now been changed to "this is a long name" in my DB as well as in the eq .xml file. My server did show up in the server select list under the old pre-compiled EQEmuLoginServer.

Am I doing a lot different from you? Can you see me doing anything wrong?
Old 08-12-2010, 05:54 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Here's my login.ini:

Code:
[database]
host = localhost
port = 3306
db = eqemulogin
user = loginuser
password = loginpassword
subsystem = MySQL

[options]
trace = TRUE
world_trace = FALSE
dump_packets_in = FALSE
dump_packets_out = FALSE
listen_port = 5997
local_network = 192.168.1.

[security]
plugin = EQEmuAuthCrypto
mode = 5

[Titanium]
port = 5998

[SoD]
port = 5999

[schema]
I don't know why I set listen_port to 5997, maybe that's why my server doesn't show up for SoF clients (does for titanium and SoD), that'll require further investigation.

edit: right, that's why. My world server connects on port 5997. What's your eqemu_config.xml look like?
Old 08-12-2010, 09:28 PM
kavren
Sarnak

I will try and set up my server like yours tomorrow or the day after and test it. Do you use the EQEmuAuthCrypto.dll from the release dir or the debug dir? Have you used a 10.x.x.x as an I.P. address instead of 192.168.x.x?
Old 08-12-2010, 10:36 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavren View Post
I will try and set up my server like yours tomorrow or the day after and test it. Do you use the EQEmuAuthCrypto.dll from the release dir or the debug dir? Have you used a 10.x.x.x as an I.P. address instead of 192.168.x.x?
I haven't tried 10.x.x.x because my dhcp server is set up to use 192.168.x.x. Since I'm using Ubuntu, my loginserver is using the precompiled libEQEmuAuthCrypto.a (and libcryptopp.a?) from linux/ubuntu-9-10-32/ubt91032_lib.zip.

Are you getting any errors in your eqemu_debug_world.log or eqemu_debug_<some number>.log?
Old 08-30-2010, 03:37 PM
geotophe
Fire Beetle

Default Set World to register with login server

I ran into the problem with my server not showing up in the server selection list in the client. I solved it that way:

In your eqemu_config.xml file fill in the info for "account" and "password" in the "Loginserver information" section of the file to reflect the entry in the "tblserveradminregistration" table, by default when I created the table using the provided SQL file it was "Admin" and "Password", but make sure to check and use the actual entries, so it should look like this:

Code:
<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>192.168.1.110</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account>Admin</account>
<password>Password</password>
</loginserver>
restart the whole thing and now your server should be listed in your client ...

hope this helps

Cheers!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Capheus
Hill Giant

To be more specific too, each entry is case sensitive. I was scratching my head for quite some time over the no server showing issue.

Password does not equal password

Password equals Password
Old 06-23-2012, 04:23 AM
DrickosTruelight
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotophe View Post
I ran into the problem with my server not showing up in the server selection list in the client. I solved it that way:

In your eqemu_config.xml file fill in the info for "account" and "password" in the "Loginserver information" section of the file to reflect the entry in the "tblserveradminregistration" table, by default when I created the table using the provided SQL file it was "Admin" and "Password", but make sure to check and use the actual entries, so it should look like this:

Code:
<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>192.168.1.110</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account>Admin</account>
<password>Password</password>
</loginserver>
restart the whole thing and now your server should be listed in your client ...

hope this helps

Cheers!
This sure helped me a ton! Thanks!

I did do something slightly different, though. In the "tblserveradminregistration" I added another row and created a different username & password. I used that in my "eqemu_config.xml" file. This allowed me to finally log into the world.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:11 AM
Uleat
Developer

You should be able to use the default 'server admin' in 'tblserveradminregistration.'

You just need to ensure that your serveradminID in 'tblworldserverregistration' matches the one in the above table.

If you change the server admin password, you will also need to hash encrypt it or the world server will not be able to sign in
to the Login Server.

U

Compilin' Dirty