Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Old 05-25-2015, 01:29 AM
vsab
Discordant

Quote:
3) Run pending REQUIRED updates... (5)
Enter 3 again. The first time works out the missing updates and downloads them, the second time round will apply them.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:39 AM
MillerT
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsab View Post
Enter 3 again. The first time works out the missing updates and downloads them, the second time round will apply them.
I ran #3 twice, still didn't fix my problem. I'm no expert on database, last time i was messing around with it, then uninstalled the repack. Thinking i wasn't going to play anymore got bored today and reinstalled. Then those files in the database were missing

*No matter how many times i run 3 it never fixes my database because the files are missing.

Last edited by MillerT; 05-25-2015 at 01:42 AM.. Reason: Update
Old 05-25-2015, 02:25 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerT View Post
I ran #3 twice, still didn't fix my problem. I'm no expert on database, last time i was messing around with it, then uninstalled the repack. Thinking i wasn't going to play anymore got bored today and reinstalled. Then those files in the database were missing

*No matter how many times i run 3 it never fixes my database because the files are missing.
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...&postcount=232
Old 05-25-2015, 03:09 AM
MillerT
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Already done that too
Old 06-25-2015, 12:40 AM
Asylum
Sarnak

I'm so frustrated with this repack trying to configure itself every time I do anything on my computer. Even when I try to uninstall it, it will not let me and reverts back to trying to configure itself. Essentially it is behaving as a virus and I'm at a loss trying to remove it.

Prior to this evening I had a fully functional server but now I can't even open a windows folder (totally unrelated to EQ) without this thing trying to configure itself. If you have any suggestions on how to remove this completely please let me know.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:05 PM
jy02206993
Fire Beetle

It is a so great work.thank you,Akkadius.But can i get another download address?I can't download it from the address which you supplied.The GFW is so strong.
Anyway ,thank you all the same.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:36 PM
Crowley
Fire Beetle

Not sure this is the right place to post this, but I as well was trying to dabble in the setting up my own server. I did the install of Akka's PEQ repack, and everything works great as far as running the server, being able to log in (through the eqemu login server). I was even able to change the name based on the notes provided. The one thing I am confused on is being able to edit the tables. I have basic database familiarity, but I always have a server address/tns to which to connect along with my username/schema and password. I tried opening the HeidiSQL but it wants me to try to set up the session and I don't seem to have much direction on that. I tried using the my.ini to load settings, as well looking in the file to try to use some of the values but that seems to fail.
I tried running the MySQL Client (Maria DB 10.0) directly but it prompts for a password, which I do not have.

Does anyone have links to where I can find more information on editing the db for this? I tried looking around on the wiki, but i am missing any details around this. So far my searches so far are not turning up anything which is getting me the details i need as well, but I may be searching for the wrong keywords.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:32 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
Not sure this is the right place to post this, but I as well was trying to dabble in the setting up my own server. I did the install of Akka's PEQ repack, and everything works great as far as running the server, being able to log in (through the eqemu login server). I was even able to change the name based on the notes provided. The one thing I am confused on is being able to edit the tables. I have basic database familiarity, but I always have a server address/tns to which to connect along with my username/schema and password. I tried opening the HeidiSQL but it wants me to try to set up the session and I don't seem to have much direction on that. I tried using the my.ini to load settings, as well looking in the file to try to use some of the values but that seems to fail.
I tried running the MySQL Client (Maria DB 10.0) directly but it prompts for a password, which I do not have.

Does anyone have links to where I can find more information on editing the db for this? I tried looking around on the wiki, but i am missing any details around this. So far my searches so far are not turning up anything which is getting me the details i need as well, but I may be searching for the wrong keywords.
Assuming you're trying to log into the database from the local machine, all you need is the password from the eqemu_config.xml file.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:28 AM
Gulfin
Fire Beetle

How to uninstall this pack its impossible , always try to re-install it self ( btw he's dont create backup on windows ). Nice work with auto install. but crappy work on uninstall process.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:29 PM
aoneone81
Fire Beetle

Hi, im trying to uninstall akka's peq repack but after restarting my computer, i get this strange window that says its trying to install it again. I made sure the *.msi isn't even located anywhere yet it asks for it? What the heck is going on.. freakin virus wannabe :(
Old 07-28-2015, 04:31 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoneone81 View Post
Hi, im trying to uninstall akka's peq repack but after restarting my computer, i get this strange window that says its trying to install it again. I made sure the *.msi isn't even located anywhere yet it asks for it? What the heck is going on.. freakin virus wannabe :(
It is recommend that you use a Virtual Machine if you do not want this repack to affect your main operating system as uninstalling does not always work the best for some people
Old 07-28-2015, 07:44 PM
knowom
Discordant

Could always try CCleaner might be able to clean registry and fix uninstall problems works wonders for a lot of stuff for me at least.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:00 AM
Ozium
Sarnak

got some errors after win 10 upgrade, so tried repair from msi but get

error 2503: called runscript when not marked in progress
error 2502: called installfinalize when no install in progress
Old 08-03-2015, 06:15 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozium View Post
got some errors after win 10 upgrade, so tried repair from msi but get

error 2503: called runscript when not marked in progress
error 2502: called installfinalize when no install in progress
This is likely an incompatibility issue due to the compiler he used being older than Windows 10. Also, upgrading to Windows 10 right now is probably not good idea, especially if you're going to host a server, as you may encounter several issues, such as this.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:48 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Bots are not part of the repack, sorry.

A separate repack would have to be made and bots are a huge headache from a stability standpoint.
This is extremely disconcerting. I just uninstalled and deleted my entire Ax Classic server to start over with the repack only to find out bots are not included. Sigh.......I don't suppose you've reconsidered this since you released the repack? My wife and I both work full time jobs and go to school full time and have 5 kids. Without bots we could never form groups or raid. Ever. Hoping you reconsider.