Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2016, 11:45 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakiyth View Post
I appreciate and respect your professionalism and experience. What would you suggest that I do to get out the idea of my creations on a forum without causing a fuss? For example all my other servers only had one issue with this and that's when I accidentally used Guild Wars 2 art. They sent me a cease and desist. I decided to take all art down for paths at that time in a huge overreaction.
Stop giving a fuck, the people here are blowing this way out of proportion. If you're worried make sure to credit the artists/licensor at the least. If you receive a cease and desist then be prepared to drop the images. You could always contact the artists and ask for permission to use (a handwritten letter/email is usually more than sufficient). And at worst be ready to find a reputable artist to create some unique artwork for your server. For my company the first thing I did when I branched out on my own was to make sure I owned every resource I used. It's really not worth doing this for a free-to-play, non-profit hobby. So the risk (which is fairly small) is worth it.

Like I mentioned previously it's not worth litigation as there is no damage. A cease and desist is cheap and easy. If you were slandering the company or profiting from their work then yeah be prepared for full wrath of their lawyers.