Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 12-03-2006, 01:00 PM
link2009
Sarnak

Default Compiling On VS2K5

Program: Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition

If this question has already been posted, I apologize. I followed the wiki guide on compiling EqEmu on VS2k5, but sadly I get this error:

Code:
Error	47	error LNK2005: _inflateInit2_ already defined in zlib.lib(zlib1.dll)	mysqlclient.lib	
Error	48	error LNK2005: _inflate already defined in zlib.lib(zlib1.dll)	mysqlclient.lib	
Error	49	error LNK2005: _inflateEnd already defined in zlib.lib(zlib1.dll)	mysqlclient.lib	
Error	50	fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found	c:\EQ_Work\EQEmu-0.7.0-933\build\World.exe	1
Old 12-16-2006, 05:10 AM
link2009
Sarnak

Excuse me for double posting, but am I the only one with this problem?
Old 12-16-2006, 05:14 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I think the combo of Windows Vista and VS2005 Pro makes anyone leary of just guessing what might be going on. Pretty sure most devs here use some sort of Linux and gcc, and I doubt anyone is doing much with Vista. Afterall, there's no SP1. Who would load it already?

(btw, I am running Vista atm - pretttty)
Old 12-16-2006, 05:19 AM
Cripp
Discordant

redownload zlib and replace the old folder with this one..

http://www.zlib.net/zlib123-dll.zip

you have the wrong zlib files.

www.nugblazers.com
Old 02-24-2007, 10:02 AM
link2009
Sarnak

Anyone know what happened to the VS2005 Pro Tutorial? I can't find it anymore :(
Old 07-19-2007, 08:51 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Sorry to necro this, but does anyone have a copy of Thristam's VS2005 setup guide handy? The page linked in the Wiki is gone.

http://www.thristam.com/stuff/tutori...le_windows.htm

I think the Express guide might still get things done (with interpolation between version settings):
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...a=DevVSExpress

but I am still having some issues I'd love to blame on setup. kthx.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:41 AM
techguy84
Discordant

Well, I have VS8 installed atm. I am sure that I could make a attempt to compile the source and see what happens. If I run into errors though, im just SoL. If it works right, I could probably grab some screenies and guide it up.

My question for anyone though is this. Is there a free alternative that can compile simplistcly like VS. Not somthing that requires commands at everyturn, but a GUI style program that you can just push compile and let it go.

The reason I ask is that VS is expensive, and to ask someone to buy this is rediculous give what there compiling with it. Would be cheaper to just pay the monthly fee and join LIVE. Antrix request you use VS7 and they support that, but someone going to a private server is not going to shell out hundreds if not thousands to just compile the damn server to play.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Cripp
Discordant

i had this error recently.. and by downgrading from mysql 5.0.45 to 5.0.27 it worked fine afterwards..

www.nugblazers.com
Old 07-20-2007, 12:28 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

I am fortunate to be in a development role, so I have VS2005Pro at home so I can work round the clock for the same salary... :/

I got VS2005Pro to compile, following the Express instructions for includes and libraries. It really was that simple. But rather than install all the software needed, I merely made a ./depends directory with the needed files for mysql, perl, and zlib (I actually did this for Antrix so they all use the same ./depends dir).

The only problems I encounter when compiling EQEmu source is when I try to compile in Release mode. Seems the "zone" project gets skipped (whatever that means) until I open the zone workspace and compile just that alone. Seems I am stuck with Debug builds, which I do not understand.

Most things will compile with VS7 or VS8 - Antrix also comes with an sln for VS8, which I use with no problems at all. The problem children for me are my other 2 projects written in VC6, which seems like it's going to require a greater effort to get to compile... sigh.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:14 PM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

techguy84!

Use!

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/

((My bro uses this for his C++, JAVA, and Python /dev and I have both VS2005: monkey ed. and this one installed. This one is better. But try it for yo' self bad boy. ))
Old 07-20-2007, 11:55 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Eclipse!! Yak!

It's the only thing I deleted from my HDD faster than Vista.

Clunky. And, I detest Java. Maybe I didn't give it a fair shake.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:37 AM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

Whats long-haired humped domestic bovines got to do with it?

(hehe)

/agree on Vista

Java is awesome though.

So is TortoiseSVN and PostgreSQL....

/prays