Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:46 PM
Paladinsteve
Sarnak

Default The Return of Mirror's World

Sup, I know its been a while but i figured i would give anyone a heads up whats going on and whats about to happen.

Where is the server?

Gone, the info in the database, quests, and all backups are gone. The Previous server is gone and not coming back.

Do you have plans to Remake everything?

No, a new storyline and Custom content will be put in place Different from the last Server.

Is this server still Based on Grouping and No boxing/botting?

Yes, this is my main goal in the last server, this idea still holds true to today, in all possible Aspects players will not be forced into grouping suddenly into the server. Much like the last, you will have to gain help from others to overcome content. As always i will try and keep content simple enough during the leveling process without Diminishing the Fun factor of what players might be considered " Forced to group " Aspect.

What Client will I have to use to play here?

SoD or Better. -- Titanium will more then likely still have access to the point where grouping will be required to advance so they can get a look around without losing interest suddenly.

At this point, the Redesign of all content will be considered for the next few days, and the Name of the server might change to reflect the new content.

Sorry to All that expected Mirror's World but its long dead. And maybe I can do something better with this one. Unlike Before, when custom content is in place, the server will remain up at all times, there will be no beta phase. And content will be put out as I have time to create it.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Totally can't wait to get my cleric back up and owning.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Paladinsteve
Sarnak

The server name has been decided -- " Realm of the Fallen Gods ".

The Start zone / Hub and Various other content is current being worked on and may be available in a week.

As Before this server will attempt to take focus on a Story Driven content and 100% Fully Custom Items. Not a One item will be non-custom, and in some sort of fashion there will be redesigned zones and custom mobs, encounters, and boss scripts as early as maybe level 10.

NOTE

For people that played before do not expect outlandish stats so early on this time around. The Balance of Feeling powerful / overpowered will not be a huge jump as it was early on in Mirror's World. Expect a slightly smoother progressive tone, yet still feeling you are very powerful.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:16 PM
kylekurth
Sarnak

So pissed that MW is gone :( Loved that server. (This is Phearme BTW) But looking forward to seeing what you have in store this time.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Paladinsteve
Sarnak

There has been some rather big ideas thrown my way. And The opening of the server is gonna take longer then expected. There is a ton of content being considered and the type of gameplay i am looking for at this time is taking some major work.

Chances are this time, each class might have thier own quest line for specific items such as Armor, Charms, and Weapons or any other Item I can think of, ON TOP of the main story line. You can do a class quest chain for gear and items but not be forced into so much of a " one path for all " gameplay.

And talk of Legendary-type items dropping at early as level one. But this is still being considered before anything is being done about this.

Grouping will take a major role early on, as EXP yet again has been tailored for people that group with each other much higher due to no Botting or Boxing.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Thorkinal
Sarnak

Default ;/

Lol give up already steve?!
Old 07-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Paladinsteve
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorkinal View Post
Lol give up already steve?!
Let Me think about it.

Something small turned into something big.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Still here if you need assistance. I enjoyed the server, and am ever-learning the dev cycle of EQEmulator.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:46 AM
kylekurth
Sarnak

Sooooo, how is this coming around?
Old 09-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Paladinsteve
Sarnak

Its still around. But the release date has no ETA. Sorry, all i can promise if and when it does release I will try and be the most custom server around.

I just don't wanna raise hopes too much anymore, because i cant say when its coming out. The idea is there, but the content is massive in scale.

It's still being worked on. And when im not working on the server. I am playing EQ instead lol. Or Diablo 3.

EDIT: I do wish to add House of Thule Might be a requirement to play, but i have not fully decided to use any of those zones yet.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Thorkinal
Sarnak

The best thing to do is just assume its never coming back, so if it never does, your not disappointed, and if it does, its just that much better.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:26 AM
boweq
Hill Giant

question is , how long till you get bored of this server and spend 8months to make this 1 then start again a month later?
Old 09-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Level my god damn monk bowmaster

Old 10-13-2012, 12:08 AM
Paladinsteve
Sarnak

The Server is up for a short time testing connections. Feel free to log in and walk around a bit.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:46 AM
Paladinsteve
Sarnak

Thank you for logging in.