Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:38 AM
unknownhost
Sarnak

Default my mama died tonight

as the title says, my momma died about 3 hours ago.

i got the call while working on my server that my mom fell down at home and had a stroke, the paramedics were already there but couldnt stabilize her. turning off this pc now that im back home and the forum was up so i had to post this.

im 31, my mom was my best friend. the only person in the world i had to talk to about anything at all.

i talked to her about 2 hours before she fell and it was a very brief conversation as she was sleepy and couldnt understand me very well, i said i would call her back in a little while. i never got the chance and its killing me now...

i know no one here really knows me or anything, but i had to post this. im not really sure why.

if you still have your parents and you love them, please call them and tell them that.

i would give anything to talk to my mamma a few more minutes.

now i have to figure out how to tell my 3 year old why she cant see her "Momma Myra" this weekend.

night all, love what you have while its here.

-Grant
Old 11-14-2008, 04:42 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Im really sorry to hear that dude. I wish you and your family all the best. Life can really be messed up sometimes. If you need others to talk to or just general support here is a website: http://dailystrength.org/

There are some really good people there.

Seeya..
Old 11-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Xzam
Fire Beetle

I am very sorry to hear this, I also wish you and your family the very best and may god bless you all.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:42 AM
brumven
Fire Beetle

As everyone else has said, I am sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:10 AM
zosime
Fire Beetle

WOw, I dont blame you for posting what happen, you need somebody to tell I really feel for you. I am rather close with my mom and at the age of 30. So I can picture if that happen to me I am so sorry man.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:08 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I want you to know, I read this thread almost everyday , at first i read it many times during the day. Its happened to me, twice over already: first my mom, then my son. Actually three times; my sister died a few years ago - It was so rough getting through my mother and son, I just didn't even go to her funeral, now I can think she's not really dead , I think her family hates me for that now.
Life is funny like that, the older you get (without dieing), the more friends and family die around you. I still remember when my son had just died; My 'foul mouth' father walking in and saying 'You got to be one mean, nasty, SOB if you want to get my age!' Cause the older you get, the more crap like this happens!'(he was much more colorful with his 'dirty words'. My old man is mean- I'm still scared of him, and he's almost 90! Don't even know where he is anymore...
But, my mother, I really loved her - and cherish all the good memories I have growing up under her protection. When she died (young too), I didn't walk through the graveyard, I crawled - and cried like a baby.

Time is always the best healer - you just need to put time in between you and that event, after a while, you'll understand, and carry all those good memories in your heart.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:26 AM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

My heart is with you. I just hit 31 on sunday, and my mother is fighting stage 5 stomach cancer since April. The weekend b4 my birthday she almost left us, went unconcious and had to be rushed to the hospital. She got a blood clot in her lung, luckily it was a small one and they can switch her chemo.

But, reading your story made me reflect upon myself...and pickup the phone and give her a call. Life is so precious, as well as unexplainable/unpredictable. So cherish the moments you have.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:31 AM
unknownhost
Sarnak

thank you all.

believe it or not if does me some good reading these replies.
especially what you had to say Angelox, thats hard man. my babies were important to me before, but now its like it tripled and i cant get enough time with them. cant bear the thought of losing them. so sorry man.

anyways, not all bad. mom was really sick for the last 6 years. began with congestive heart failure, compounded with diabetes which led to kidney failure, which led to being 90% wheelchair bound and never ending dialisys(sp??) treatments. but she kept her mind the whole way! which is what was most important about her. considering she began in 1946 growing up on a Union, South Carolina cotten mill hill. put herself through college and eventually attained a PHD and many other educational accredations. ( she taught high school & college for over 30 years.) ive been getting told alot that "shes in a better place now, shes not in constant pain anymore, she was ready to go." very true statements but for the last,(though im not really religious) i have this weird mental image of her arguing with some heavenly being while stomping her foot and demanding to go back so she can be with her babies! though she achieved much in her life she still managed to raise two children and was the anchor of the entire family after her own parents died. just lil weird fact, she actually was in the running at one point for the teacher spot on the space shuttle challenger many years ago! she ultimately chose not to pursue it, though i cant really say how much chance she would have had anyways.

My three year old took it very well. shes just too young to grasp the pain though she does understand. heh she really wants to play EQ! im trying to teach her but she cant quite handle the mouse yet. she can target pretty well but her hands small and clickings difficult for her. been letting her loose on some MSpaint docs and taught her how to select her colors from the palete. she'll be a lil gamer eventually!

thanks guys, your words have truely helped a bit.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Your post, woke up some old memories; When my son died, it was around the TSN days (The Sierra Network), I remember making a similar post somewhere (forgot where). I was head over heels with a MUD called 'The Shadow of Yserbius'. It would have been nice if anyone had replied.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:41 AM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

The same, wrenching thing had happen to me in April, which was something so sudden. I have been out of a lot of things since then.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:01 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Crabclaw!
Nice to see you around again!
If you still want a little distraction from RL, I have an idea I've been working on these past few days; Involves the whole zone of OoT, I got a lot done, but still need all the loots, quests, etc. and a pile more work to be done.
Shoot me a PM, if you're interested.

Don't worry, be happy!
Old 11-30-2008, 03:30 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Out-living your child is the worst pain anyone should ever suffer.