Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:47 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Nibor the guides are just that guides they are not perfect. The step you are stuck at probably needs to be cleaned up a bit. Try this, create a folder called peqdatabase on your C: drive. Then repeat this part:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
2) Right-click the folder and select SVN Checkout.
In the new window that pops up, where it says URL of Repository at the top, paste in:

http://projecteqdb.googlecode.com/svn/trunk
The line under that where it says Checkout directory: is the location of the folder you are downloading it to - keep an eye on that to make sure it's the correct folder.
When you do that it should download the entire database. After that completes navigate to the C:\peqdatabase\ directory and unzip the file called peqdb_rev1589.sql to your C: drive.

Open up the mysql command line utility and login then type the following lines pressing enter after each one.

CREATE DATABASE peq;
use peq
source C:/peqdb_rev1589.sql

If you did everything correctly you will see a whole bunch of text scrolling down the mysql window. After that finishes navigate to the C:\peqdatabase directory and locate the files named load_player.sql and bots.sql

You will need to open both files with notepad and complete the file paths contained within. By default load_player.sql will look something like this.

source player_tables/aa_timers.sql;
source player_tables/account.sql;
source player_tables/account_ip.sql;

You will need to modify it to look something like this

source C:/peqdatabase/player_tables/aa_timers.sql;
source C:/peqdatabase/player_tables/account.sql;
source C:/peqdatabase/player_tables/account_ip.sql;

Then do the same thing with the bots.sql file.

Afterwards you need to source both files into mysql. Login to mysql and type

source C:/peqdatabase/load_player.sql

then press enter...after that finishes repeat the process for load_bots.sql

Now after that your database should be loaded.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:08 PM
Nibor
Fire Beetle

Default thanks

I figured it out and get up to step 7 with no problems at all but then it gets a bit sketchy since I couldn't find the file eqemulogin.ini anywhere but did find a file login.ini .. used that and edited it when i got to step 13..

[database]
host = localhost
port = 3306
db = peq
user = root
password = square
subsystem = MySQL

[options]
unregistered_allowed = TRUE
reject_duplicate_servers = FALSE
trace = TRUE
world_trace = true
dump_packets_in = True
dump_packets_out = True
listen_port = 5998
local_network = 192.168.2.4

anyway I went on and followed the rest of the guide to step 12 with no problems where i get lost again because I have no idea what my dyndns address is , where or how that info, any suggestions?

anyway I went ahead and finished the guide without that info and in the end when i run my startup.bat i get connecting to the server failed error 10061
launcher error world server connect Failed
Old 08-30-2010, 11:47 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

When the guide refers to server.dyndns.org it is a website or service people use to simplify configuring ip addresses. If you know the ip address of your modem then use it as it will accomplish the same thing.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:51 PM
Bransen
Fire Beetle

Ok, I feel a little dumb for even asking this, but I have set up my server with no problems at all. Everything works as it should, except I don't have GM privileges in the game. I have tried changing the ServerAdminID variable from 1 to match my loginid, but it doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:16 PM
joligario
Developer

Assuming your account is the first one, you can do this from a mysql prompt:
UPDATE account SET status = 250 WHERE id = 1;
Old 09-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Bransen
Fire Beetle

Thank you, that worked a treat.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Bransen
Fire Beetle

Ok, so I have everything working perfectly on my local lan, but I told my brother about eqemu who lives across the country from me and now he wants to play with me on my server. I looked up a bunch of stuff on this site, but am still having problems. Here are the steps I took:

-I went to dyndns.org and made a free dyndns server pointing to my ip.

-I went to my router and used its dyndns settings to connect it to the dyndns server. (It told me Update OK when I checked the status)

-I went into the equemuconfig.xml and changed address and loginserver.host to the new dyndns server.

-I went into eqhost file and changed it to point to dyndns server.

I ran my server and everything seems to run normally, except the login server. I could not log in from my client. I do not know if this is significant, but when I changed my eqhost back to my local ip I could login, but could not see the server. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

EDIT: Found an error message in my world.exe window saying could not connect to login server: censored.dydns.org:5998
Old 09-04-2010, 05:09 PM
joligario
Developer

Did you change your windows host file to point your dyndns to your computer holding your server?
Old 09-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Bransen
Fire Beetle

how do I go about doing that? I found the windows host file, but I'm not sure what to put... do I put my local ip 192.168.1.1 then censored.dyndns.org? Sorry for all the questions, I haven't worked with servers at all before this.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Bransen
Fire Beetle

Ok, I found a post on how to do that, but it still doesn't work. My world.exe window still says it cannot connect to my login server at censored.dyndns.org any other ideas?
Old 09-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Bransen
Fire Beetle

I finally gave in and hosted it on eqemu, it seems to work fine now. No clue what the issue was. Thank you for all the help
Old 09-05-2010, 11:54 PM
tzu-theory
Fire Beetle

I am getting stuck on the following, highlighted in bold. What file is this and where is it found? I admit my naivete but I appear to be so close

11.) Setting up the world server. Here's the sql file to make the world server entry.

Again, the red text is what you want to modify with your server name.
NameOfServer is the actual name of the server.
ShortNameOfServer is the shortname for client files in your game directory (i.e. UI_Soandso_ShortNameOfServer.ini).
ServerTagDescription is what you will see in parenthesis after the server's name - i.e. NameOfServer(Come and have fun!)
The green number 2 signifies what kind of server it is. 1 = Legends, 2 = Preferred, 3 = Standard.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Capheus
Hill Giant

The .ini files that show up in your EQ directory won't show up until you have logged in with a character. If you know what name you are going to use, you can copy/rename a different .ini file to keep the same UI and settings. There are two files.

Capheus_PEQTGC.ini
UI_Capheus_PEQTGC.ini

The PEQTGC represents the short name of the server. So if my short name was Myworld, I would copy/rename the files as:

Capheus_Myworld.ini
UI_Capheus_Myworld.ini

When I looged into my new server, or any server depending on how you/they named it, I would have the same setup as I did for the PEQ server.

I am guessing you setup your database to use PEQLoginDB for your database name. If you want to easily see the contents, I would suggest getting Navicat lite or HeidiSQL to see the contents.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:21 AM
tzu-theory
Fire Beetle

Thanks Capheus!

Now, unfortunately, I am being plagued with a perl510.dll error

One day I'll figure all of this out
Old 09-06-2010, 08:18 AM
Capheus
Hill Giant

You are gonna want to get ActivePerl 5.10.0.1007.