Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:06 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Thanks a lot Rocker, I get the idea now. I'm just poking around for a Linux application and should be good to go. I'm taking the kids to a haunted house, and I'll give it a go when I get back.

Thanks for everything, all of you! I was new to compiling just a few weeks ago, and having new abbreviations tossed at me kinda tripped me up. At some point we'll need to go through the dozens of pages in the wiki that are now becoming sadly outdated.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:12 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Don't give up on my yet I think I found it!

Code:
# apt-get update
# apt-get install subversion
# apt-get install libapache2-svn
Old 10-25-2008, 11:18 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Ok I got it! I'll build it in later on, gotta run! Thanks a lot everyone!
Old 10-26-2008, 06:16 AM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

Question

Im having trouble compiling the 1129bBots source. I know how to compile normal sources without problems. Im assuming the 1129Bot source is the same as the 1129 source, but with the bot code? So it would compile the same way? Sorry, I went thru 800+ post and saw nothin that completely explained how to install bot start to finish, probably cause everyone is expert in Linux/programming and wouldn't need a guide, but I do need some help please.

The file I used:

http://www.cerebus.net:8080/files/do...29bBotsSrc.zip

The last 3 lines in the compile spam is:

make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'task.o', needed by 'zone'. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory '../1129bBots/zone'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I did my usual edits:

Quote:
source/Makefile

Comment out 4 lines as such
all:
# $(MAKE) -C eqemucollector
# $(MAKE) -C eqextractor
clean:
# $(MAKE) -C eqemucollector clean
# $(MAKE) -C eqextractor clean

source/utils/Makefile

lines 3 & 13
gmake to make

eqlaunch/makefile & zone/makefile

remove -pg flag
and with the bot source this time, I further edit/replace a line in 2 more files

Quote:
in source/zone

makefile
DFLAGS=-DEQDEBUG=5 -DCATCH_CRASH -DNO_PIDLOG -DSHAREMEM -DSPELL_EFFECT_SPAM -DFIELD_ITEMS -DCOMBINED -DAPP_OPCODE_SIZE=2 -Di386 -DEQBOTS

makefile.common
../common/guild_base.o guild_mgr.o task.o raids.o botRaids.o botAI.o petAI.o
So I removed task.o and raids.o from the last edit to compile without errors, but the #bot command doesn't work. I've updated my DB with needed tables. Any ideas? Am I compiling and installing the bot source on Debian Linux correctly? Please help.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:55 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

That code is old -you're not interested in the newest bot code?
Old 10-26-2008, 07:20 AM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

I noticed when making the symbolic links (ln -s ../etcetc...), the output was file exist, compared to before of no output from that command. So I checked the propertys and the modified date was unchanged. The symbolic links were not created/updated. The newer source was not being used. So I learned those litte arrows on the top right of the icons of the files are symbol links, and I moved them to another backup dir, and recreated symbolic links again brand new. Now my #bot commands work. So each time I updated the Linux Source, it always compiled just file, but the symbolic links never updated to it.

You can laugh at me now. Yes, Im new to Linux, but EQEmu is giving me a reason to learn how to use Linux.

Off Topic:

Maybe some time I'll use a spare PC to install another flavor of Linux. Also, the first two PC's I had to install Debian only worked with a default 1 gig ram kenel (486) and I couldn't get other kernels working. Both PC's were AMD processors. So the 3rd PC I tried was Intel that the default installed the 686 kernel and it works perfect! Sometimes with perfect install meathods, its just the hardware is the problem. I even had to add a NIC instead of using the default off the Motherboard cause it wasn't being recoginized correctly.

Thanks for reading.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:21 AM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post
That code is old -you're not interested in the newest bot code?
Whats newer than the second version of 1129Bots? I must have missed it, probably skimmed 1000+ post tonight.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:28 AM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

Oh crap, my server went from EZ to Super EZ.Any way I can limit the bot useage? Such as per level, and number of bots that can be summoned? On the bright side, people wont feel the need to 6box. Some rule_values would be nice to put in limits. Well, so far I tested out for one hour, and Im very impressed at the AI, and the bots saving items, buffing, etc. Looks cool. Better than Guild Wars.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoetwarrior View Post
Oh crap, my server went from EZ to Super EZ.Any way I can limit the bot useage? Such as per level, and number of bots that can be summoned? On the bright side, people wont feel the need to 6box. Some rule_values would be nice to put in limits. Well, so far I tested out for one hour, and Im very impressed at the AI, and the bots saving items, buffing, etc. Looks cool. Better than Guild Wars.
You have to look around, if you're still using the old code and I tell you to use the new code, you'll break everything - the new code is here; but you have to update your SQL database.with the sqls provided in the utils/sql/svn/ directory.
As for the easiness with the bots, you can do a few things, one thing is to slow the level of exp rate. I slowed a lot on reds/yellows(red and yellow cons get real easy when Botting and probably multi-boxing too)_ and posted how I did it here
You can also throw this in, and set it to a high number, so the players loose a lot when they die.

Last edited by Angelox; 10-26-2008 at 06:08 PM..
Old 10-26-2008, 01:08 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

There's definitely a lot of people not familiar with the new SVN link and how to use it. I don't have the time I wish I had to keep on top of everything, and I tend to rely on the download section for updates... Since that's no longer a valid section, we should probably shut it down. The announcement on the front page should be a big help, but I think we're still going to have some people lagging behind.

I was surprised just how different things are with the new code... once I updated to the new BOT code my database was all but useless. I was able to dig my account and character info out, but I've chosen to start over on custom content.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Another thing you can do and what I've done is raise the HP on all mobs from 2 to 10 times depending on the zone. Also decrease the assist range. This makes it harder to single a larger number of mobs.