Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-19-2016, 05:21 PM
Coenxai
Hill Giant

Akkadius makes the coolest things
Old 03-23-2016, 02:37 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

I thought, why not just run this for kicks, and see if it will run on Windows 10 Home, and also connect to the server from the same machine... So I did. And it works flawlessly. I used the default folder path C:\EQEmuServer for install, and everything installed perfectly running the bat file as admin.

The server appeared in the server list as the default "Change server name" and I was able to open a clean install of Titanium with an edited host and shortcut (patchme), login and play. Upon entering the zone it gave me messages about meming abilities and spells. 30 zones started, character creation worked and I edited the status of my toon to 255, logged out and back in to gain GM access. This package is awesome.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:34 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridgecritter View Post
I thought, why not just run this for kicks, and see if it will run on Windows 10 Home, and also connect to the server from the same machine... So I did. And it works flawlessly. I used the default folder path C:\EQEmuServer for install, and everything installed perfectly running the bat file as admin.

The server appeared in the server list as the default "Change server name" and I was able to open a clean install of Titanium with an edited host and shortcut (patchme), login and play. Upon entering the zone it gave me messages about meming abilities and spells. 30 zones started, character creation worked and I edited the status of my toon to 255, logged out and back in to gain GM access. This package is awesome.
Haha, right?!
Old 03-23-2016, 03:56 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

This runs so smoothly it makes me want to start another server. But alas, I have no time.
Old 03-23-2016, 03:57 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coenxai View Post
Akkadius makes the coolest things
Lol, just saw this now. Thanks!
Old 03-24-2016, 12:39 PM
askyn
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
First off ... thank you again /bow

I KNOW I did that before, ROFL, but this time it seemed to work !

I am now able to see the sever locally / offline, however my next problem is that while I can see and connect to the sever, it wont display the character select screen.

After selecting the sever I just get a blank black screen that just sits there.
I wanted to say thank you again, my problems appear to be related to my windows set up, I had to reinstall windows to get rid of some related problems and then this worked perfectly ! THANK YOU.

I did have a question relating to your design philosophy for this server.

Why do you have bots / mercs disabled/not installed by default? I'm just wondering because it would seem easier for those that wanted to use those features for solo play etc.

Those that didn't want to use them wouldn't have too, but those that were interested them would be able to?

I appreciate all your hard work and I wouldn't have this server to play on with out it.

Thank you again
Old 03-24-2016, 12:58 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
I wanted to say thank you again, my problems appear to be related to my windows set up, I had to reinstall windows to get rid of some related problems and then this worked perfectly ! THANK YOU.

I did have a question relating to your design philosophy for this server.

Why do you have bots / mercs disabled/not installed by default? I'm just wondering because it would seem easier for those that wanted to use those features for solo play etc.

Those that didn't want to use them wouldn't have too, but those that were interested them would be able to?

I appreciate all your hard work and I wouldn't have this server to play on with out it.

Thank you again
It's all setup so you can in the future be able to 'plug' features into it, download bots binaries and setup a bots schema etc. This is a base, as long as the base works, its easy to extend other topical installations into it.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:57 PM
askyn
Sarnak

hmmm .. interesting.

Thank you again!

I may have to try and track down someone and see how they added in bots / mercs etc as I want this mainly for solo offline play and with my sons.

It would be nice to have the added support of mercs / bots to explore content that I wouldn't be able to do solo other wise.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:56 PM
askyn
Sarnak

Ok .. stupid question 1232312312,

Im sure this has been asked before, I did try and check honest, but - at this time can bot support be added to the existing server AFTER its been installed?

Reason im asking is i have next to now experience with sql / compiling souces / making my own server etc.

So id be looking for a pre-compiled option that would allow me to use bots with your wonderful setup.

Sorry posing so many questions, and im very very greatfull for all your hard work!
Old 03-25-2016, 05:11 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Ok .. stupid question 1232312312,

Im sure this has been asked before, I did try and check honest, but - at this time can bot support be added to the existing server AFTER its been installed?

Reason im asking is i have next to now experience with sql / compiling souces / making my own server etc.

So id be looking for a pre-compiled option that would allow me to use bots with your wonderful setup.

Sorry posing so many questions, and im very very greatfull for all your hard work!
Yes I can add simple installation for bots but I'm not going to do it right now. If someone else wants to step in and help you that is on them, but I don't have time at the moment to get this going.

You can post another question in another thread and I'm sure someone will be willing to help you with whatever endeavors. Otherwise I wouldn't keep posting questions in this thread that really don't have anything to do with the process of testing the installer.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:43 PM
ArtofPeace
Fire Beetle

Hello all, recent join but long time player.
First Akkadius, thank you so much for taking time to make this complete package. It really is a great thing you've done for people such as myself and others.

Having said that, I am experiencing some frustrations getting everything actually doing what It's supposed to.

I have been trying to set up a Private Offline server with little success to get it all off the ground
Your install package went off fine, and I had no issues. I changed the eqhost file to reflect the internal connection, and changed my server name. I forwarded port 5998 on my router as well. (I may be missing further forwards Im not certain).

I ran the server start, and everything loads quickly and without issue save for one, My login server window shows the error:

[Error] "Handle_NewLSInfo error, remote address was null, defaulting to stream address 127.0.0.1
[World Server] Server KHAL(Test) did not attempt to log in but unregistered servers are allowed.

I can load up the game, but when I try to login it sits on "Logging into server, please wait" indefinatly.

I assumed I needed to add a login account to the database and attempted to use a portion of the guide posted here
http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Windows...er_Setup_Guide

that still made no difference and I am unable to get past the logging into server screen.

my login server window does show new titanium connection from 127.0.0.1 and that application packet was recieved from client, as well as a session ready recieved from client. But that is where it ends.

I am obviously missing somthing, and if anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate them. Im not certain where it is that I am goofing up, but Im sure its me. I have been trawling forums and old posts with similar issues, but most of them just sort of stop without a fix (or maybe the person figured it out)

Thanks again
Old 04-13-2016, 09:20 AM
fault
Hill Giant

Finally back.

So if i get this right, since my w2012 has plesk(so mysql etc is already installed) ill have to set up the server the old fashioned way?

right thread this time haha
Old 04-22-2016, 02:21 AM
Visha
Fire Beetle

Default Server config

Okay... total newb at this stuff. I'm primarily a player, and I profoundly appreciate all the work Akkadius and others have put into making this a reality.

Now to the question... it's twofold.
1st: Will this new installer have the same conflicts some have reported in windows like the repack did?
2nd: I assumed the answer to the first was "yes" to be safe... and I installed virtual box and bumbled through getting windows 7 installed on it. I've loaded the server onto it, and all appears to be well. The issues come when I try to log into said sever. I can't connect to it. From browsing the forums, I know this is related to the eqemu_config, login.ini, and eqhost.txt files and the addresses found therein. The address suggestions Akkadius lists on his installer page for the login server don't appear to work under these circumstances. Akkadius himself has mentioned he sometimes uses a sandbox like Virtual box... does anyone know how this may be resolved? I know jack about all this stuff. I've tried plugging addresses from ipconfig in MSDOS from both machines (actual and virtual) and I'm probably making a horrible mess of something very simple.

Thanks for listening, and hopefully helping!
Old 05-01-2016, 07:01 AM
Kaless59
Fire Beetle

Just wanted to say thank you Akkadius for all the effort on this project. Your installer is a thing of beauty. Could not be simpler. I also wanted to thank Uleat for his work on the bots which gave me everything I needed to get the bots up and running after your installer set things up. It took a little time, but all of the issues I had were not reading every word when it came to compiling the bot exe's and needing to keep looking to find the answers. Thank you to all who work on the developement of this project.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:18 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

I tried out the installer - works great. Awesome work Akka!

Edit: My issue was i'm stupid and when I edited the DB password in the eqemu_config.xml I didn't edit it everywhere else as well :P