Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Then post a bug report
Old 06-21-2007, 04:20 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Geez, this topic is coming up on 3 months old now. I am sure that in the past 3 months and 50 some post on this, a dev has read this and is aware of the issue. The OP made it clear what he belive the issue to be and that is that.

This project runs on hard effort and time from people that have lives outside of playing the game. Imagine trying to work through the code, fix errors, implement new things, play, test, take care of family, go to work, rinse, repeat.

They will work on things as they can, but drawing a bug out for 3 months in the form of "I get this error also" is rediculous. Things will be fixed when they can be, plain and simple.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:03 AM
So_1337
Dragon

I agree, and I know that it doesn't help to say over and over that you're experiencing a problem, but we've yet to even see a red name say "I'll check into it", or "here's why it's so hard to fix", etc. The only thing we've seen is locks of similar threads by Mattmeck to keep things consolidated to this post.

Some people have gone to great lengths to not only report the error, but to delve into it with packet collection and give much more specific details than we're used to seeing here. If it's being worked on and we just haven't been told, it'd be nice to see whoever's hacking at the problem take a moment and thank them for making his/her job easier.

But yes, it'll be fixed when it's fixed. I don't know about everyone else, but I've noticed a sharp decline in the number of my friends who will log in and play on our server lately because of the pain of trying to log in two or three characters with this error. I know that's the only reason that I panic, is that I'd hate to see so many people drop off from such a fun project because of one intensely frustrating error. Most every other minor error with EQEmu is tolerable, but not even being able to log in just compounds all the others immensely.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:13 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Again, Some of the Devs don't have time to look through all the threads in all the forums - but they have stated they will keep watch on the "bug report" forums.
I would think that a simple post, with direct access to the problem you all are having would be more attractive that a long and drawn out string of posts in a thread (in the bug report forum).
It can even be made "Sticky" so we can be sure they see the problem
Old 06-23-2007, 01:35 AM
So_1337
Dragon

Myself and a bunch of my friends who play on our server received the survey when we logged in for the first time last night. Was this just dumb luck, or maybe a possible attempt to fix the issue by one of the devs?

We're appreciative of any help offered, but let us know here so we know who to thank =P
Old 06-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Vast
Fire Beetle

Yeah the one account that I got the survey on is working beautifully now. So that's 3 down and 9 to go... :(
Old 06-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Trance
Fire Beetle

ok so has there or will there ever be a fix for this? its literaly driving me up the wall.

Ive counted over 70 login attempts and it still wont pass the SSSE it logs in occasionaly when it feels like it but this is rediculis guys :(

anyone that has the actual fix or info on it please do post before i go crazy :(
Old 06-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Trance
Fire Beetle

ps. ive tryed everything said to be the "Fix" for it in this forum thread so far and nothing works so try not to repost.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:42 AM
Vast
Fire Beetle

Dralanna posted this over in the bugs section, it would be nice if it got some attention there so that possibly someone might notice it.

http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22993
Old 07-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Vast
Fire Beetle

LOL, I like how as soon as it got posted in the Bug section not only did it stop getting attention here, but it hasn't gotten any there either.

P.S. Still Very Much In Effect
Old 07-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Soregon
Fire Beetle

Default This Fixed Mine

I reinstalled Titanium and for 2 days I still had the same problems. One thing did happen, the "Is this thing working" poll popped up again. This time I answered yes and now I have not had a crash trying to log in for a week. I am not sure if reinstalling caused the poll to pop back up but I was glad to see it.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Vast
Fire Beetle

It seems 100% random for that poll to actually come up. I say this because I've been playing for a year and in that year only 2 out of 11 of my characters have ever had it come up. Dralanna has been going for around the same amount of time and in a week he got like 4.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Dralanna
Sarnak

I had a fifth come up 2 days ago, but the damn thing crashed before I could respond.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Vast
Fire Beetle

I'm crying on the inside...