Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

Cool

Just an update. We are still cruising forward. Release is not far off. Nilbog is picking out hardware for the server. We're also creating and testing pathing maps for the Emu community based on Derision and KLS's b!tch!n' code.

SolA, SolB, Lower Guk, Highpass, & Highkeep are all up for testing in addition to the great zones KLS has already done. Come by & help out the Emu community at large. All of our pathing files will be going into the map SVN once they've passed the test.

Source/DB updates:

-Food/water now correctly crippling mana/endurance.
-Flash of Light working pretty dang well.
-Mob run speed tweaked. Your chances of escaping are low!
-Loot drops for all zones have been revamped and updated. Includes guards, animals, and zones.
-Skills: I've started "nerfing" skills down to a more classic line. They'll no longer be scaled for level 75 progression.
-Pets now are summoned with a variable +2/-2 of their base level.
-Alchemy was beaten into submission with the nerf bat and returned to it's classic pricing. We are not reverting to the old alchemy system since a wide revamp to the original would be rather pointless to undo shortly.
-Quests: All classic quests from newbie tunics to the FA have been scripted and put in place. Texts were gleaned from a multitude of sources including live, Tokyo2000, and Allakhazam.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:14 PM
sasaluge
Sarnak

i dont think this box will ever be live
Old 08-25-2009, 05:46 AM
ojamajoe
Fire Beetle

Anybody can half-ass a so-called Classic server; these guys have actually put in the work and it shows! It is remarkable how much is missing and / or different if you compare 'classic' and either of the two open databases. Check it out and see for yourselves!
Old 08-25-2009, 08:11 AM
Dantes
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojamajoe View Post
It is remarkable how much is missing and / or different if you compare 'classic' and either of the two open databases.
Just to clarify your statement, are you saying that project1999 has more content than either of the two current LIVE-like databases? Just a tad confused.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:27 AM
sasaluge
Sarnak

he is saying that i am rite, and this server will never be up
Old 08-25-2009, 11:24 AM
nilbog
Hill Giant

Quote:
What's the point of rhetoric? This isn't Duke Nukem Forever :P

Anyways, in other news, prekunark is ready to go. Just finalizing some stuff with hardware.. will make further updates when they are available.

If there is anything you would like to verify in prekunark before launch, now's the time to check it out. All prekunark zones currently running static and things look great imo.

http://classicbetatest.guildlaunch.com
Old 08-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes View Post
Just to clarify your statement, are you saying that project1999 has more content than either of the two current LIVE-like databases? Just a tad confused.
The amount of stuff that had to be changed to revert it to classic was immense. From all the mobs in EC, to CT, to RunnyEye....Not to mention there are 7000 invalid entries of a rusty dagger in the loot tables, plus stuff like tradeskill drops, Sol Ro quest drops, hate/fear/sky drops, crocs not pathing in oasis, dark elves liking high elves & vice versa, lack of scripting on city events like Trumpy (who still isn't finished!=()....the list goes on. One query Nil ran made something like 74000 changes?

This hasn't been easy or small by any stretch.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:56 AM
clericgildina
Fire Beetle

Broken lootdrop_id that were dropping 50% of the time that only contain Bronze Spear and Cloth pants. Lootdrop_id that had every item that the creature could possibly drop in a single lootdrop_id, meaning that research, weapons, armor, gems, rations, bags, etc all dropping from the same table.

There is a ton of stuff that is really half assed that had to be fixed. All of the developers on the project put a lot of work into fixing things that we felt just weren't done right.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasaluge View Post
I wouldn't cal you a rite, more of a move, mayhaps even a step or procession, but certainly not a rite. Besides, who has time for rites anymore? Takes days, have to find a virgin, and all the chicken blood. Do you have any idea how little blood chickens have? Takes dozens for a good rite these days.

We don't have a development schedule. We are working to make a classic server. If it takes 2 years, it takes 2 years. The amount of stuff we've changed to revert things is literally daunting to even think about. I scripted almost 300 quests alone by taking info from anywhere I could find it. Added the aggro speeches to the mobs in hate as well as the zone emotes. We've worked really hard on not failing at classic & I think we've done a decent job of dodging fail.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Dantes
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibalamin View Post
The amount of stuff that had to be changed to revert it to classic was immense. From all the mobs in EC, to CT, to RunnyEye....Not to mention there are 7000 invalid entries of a rusty dagger in the loot tables, plus stuff like tradeskill drops, Sol Ro quest drops, hate/fear/sky drops, crocs not pathing in oasis, dark elves liking high elves & vice versa, lack of scripting on city events like Trumpy (who still isn't finished!=()....the list goes on. One query Nil ran made something like 74000 changes?

This hasn't been easy or small by any stretch.
That's what I figured. I just couldn't determine the direction of the statement he had made. I can't imagine the amount of work you've put in. I'll be on your server soon.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:53 PM
bigcountry23
Fire Beetle

You could alwasy do what Verant did. Go live now and fix as you go. :P Then it would be a truly clasic experience.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:50 PM
sasaluge
Sarnak

inc classic emu server #9. duration: 3 weeks
Old 08-25-2009, 08:57 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasaluge View Post
inc classic emu server #9. duration: 3 weeks
That's enough, sasaluge. You have been doing nothing but putting this server down repeatedly in this thread. Either don't post, or post something nice. Bad mouthing servers is against the forum rules and this is a warning. It seems like half or more of your total posts are either making fun of someone, their server, putting them down, or a combination of those 3. Whether you are joking or not, it is hard to tell. Either way, please stop it.

Last edited by trevius; 08-25-2009 at 09:02 PM..
Old 08-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountry23 View Post
You could alwasy do what Verant did. Go live now and fix as you go. :P Then it would be a truly clasic experience.
There will probably be a lot of fixes that go in over time. We've had close to 200 folks come through and help out over time, but things get missed. It's the nature of things.

And while humorous to mimic Verant, that is one thing we don't really want to try lol.

Thanks Trev.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes View Post
That's what I figured. I just couldn't determine the direction of the statement he had made. I can't imagine the amount of work you've put in. I'll be on your server soon.
Thanks Dantes, as of late, things have been quiet honestly. Few folks will log in, look around, fire off a "Holy hell, this is classic and painful! I love it!"

Between a few RL things and work I've slacked off a bit in the past 2 weeks. But, we'll clean up the last few hanging issues in the next bit.

Thanks for the support!