Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Congdar
Developer

Default Plane of Sky (airplane)

Has anyone figured out the invisible walls around the islands in Plane of Sky? Seems Titanium can jump off the island but SoF, SoD, UF+ there's a wall. I went and tested my Live SoD account and there's no walls, so I'm thinking there must be a missing structure value or maybe a db setting?
Old 01-11-2011, 11:29 PM
trevius
Developer

Maybe there is an added field in the OP_NewZone packet. If you can get a collect from there on Live, can you use EQ Extractor on the collect and then post the OP_NewZone packet you got while zoning in there? I can't think of any other reason offhand that might cause those walls to show up in our clients after Titanium, but not to exist on Live. Unless they had the barriers up from SoF to UF and then removed them again recently, I dunno.

Edit: I just tried swapping my Titanium airplane.s3d into my SoD install folder and the barriers were still all there. So, it doesn't seem to be related to the file itself, even though the file sizes are different from Titanium to SoD (I think due to texture updates). It is sounding more like either a struct is off a bit, or a new field has been added somewhere.

Last edited by trevius; 01-11-2011 at 11:45 PM..
Old 01-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Congdar
Developer

I copied my airplane files from my Live SoD account into my emu folder and the invisowall is still there. Has there been a recent Live packet collect from airplane that might show a changed struct?

UPDATE: I went to the packet collect thread over at PEQ forums and didn't see it mentioned, might have to set up the eqextractor

Last edited by Congdar; 01-12-2011 at 02:11 PM..
Old 01-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Derision
Developer

There are no invisble walls in airplane that I can see when viewing the zone in OpenEQ.

My guess is that it is something to do with the 'Underworld' field in the newzone struct, e.g. when you try and walk off the edge of an island, the client detects there is no 'floor' underneath where you are trying to go and so stops you walking off the edge.

I changed the Underworld column in the zone table for airplane from -2030 (something like that) to -5000 and it let me fall off the island you land on if you #zone airplane. Give that a try and see if it works for you.

If you can get a collect with EQExtractor2, it would be interesting to see what the correct value for Underworld should be.

EDIT: I noticed when jumping off islands that more often than not it would zone me back into airplane, when I thought it was meant to zone you into freeport ? (I've never messed around in that zone so not sure, but that is what I have read). Maybe something else needs tweaking as well. (Was testing with SoD).

Last edited by Derision; 01-12-2011 at 04:40 PM..
Old 01-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Congdar
Developer

Well, it's supposed to zone you to East Freeport when you jump off an island. East Freeport is a Revamped zone so there might be something with that.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:13 AM
Congdar
Developer

I got the collect and underworld is -2030 on live. I also had the same behavior as you when setting it to -5000. Must be something related to underworld.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:17 PM
sorvani
Dragon

The zone_points table had the wrong data in the target locations. The various target locations were pointing to the same location as the door destinations for the various island clicks. with one odd one pointing to efp (correctly) and one pointing to Oasis for some reason.

I updated the PEQ DB today with the correct values. Here is a SQL statement you can run to fix your local DB.

Code:
UPDATE zone_points
    SET target_x = -1570,
        target_y = -25,
        target_z = 20,
        target_heading = 231,
        target_zone_id = 10
WHERE id BETWEEN 1163 AND 1173;
Old 06-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Congdar
Developer

total awesomeness, sorvani!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:52 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Not to bump ancient threads but I've ran into a similar issue on my server with invisible floors in airplane. Players who jump off islands die in mid air and/or get stuck just standing around in mid-air.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:50 PM
sorvani
Dragon

that is the "bottom" of the zone. Players running UF find it the most. When they jump off an island there is a good chance they will not hit a zone point and zone to EFP. I did a lot of jumping off one day with a GM toon so i did not take falling damage but never figured it out clearly.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:41 AM
trevius
Developer

You could probably setup a proximity that covers the entire zone that starts with a Z axis lower than the lowest island and goes for a few thousand units below or something. Then, if they enter that proximity, have it port them to wherever.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:55 AM
sorvani
Dragon

duh.... just zoned in, a mob at 0,0,-1000 is below everything.. prox x and y with 2000 to each side.

Edit: wait do proximities even work on a z axis entry? i did not think they did..
Old 05-02-2012, 08:23 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani View Post
duh.... just zoned in, a mob at 0,0,-1000 is below everything.. prox x and y with 2000 to each side.

Edit: wait do proximities even work on a z axis entry? i did not think they did..
Never tried it...
Old 05-02-2012, 04:52 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

I just skimmed through the code, and it does check against a min/max z to determine if someone is inside or not. I don't know how proximity is set, but I assume that there's something to tell it how tall the volume is.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:00 PM
sorvani
Dragon

i wrote a script ast night and added it to my test server on a new NPC. but i got tired before i rebooted the zone to test it. Will check it tonight.