Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-30-2017, 02:37 AM
Nightrider84
Discordant

Default VS Community error

So ive been using VS 12 2013 for compiling for awhile. After the recent update to the code it changed to the newer VS 15 2017 and updated some of the dependencies. So I made a new source folder added the new dependencies and change the generator to VS 15 2017. But now i just get an error "no cmake_cxx_compiler could be found".
If I switch it back to VS 12 2013 it works but i get 6 failed when I try and compile where VS 15 2017 doesnt even let me compile. No idea what im missing so any help would be appreciated.

Using perl 5.12.3
MySql 5.1.73
VS community 2017
Old 05-30-2017, 06:48 AM
Tamian
Fire Beetle

2017 install is a bit odd - make sure you have checked all the needed components.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:46 AM
Nightrider84
Discordant

Theres no needed components to select lol. it defaults to checking community. I could add the extra stuff i guess. I'll give it a try and find out
Old 05-30-2017, 01:00 PM
Tamian
Fire Beetle

The VS package is no longer a C/C++ only package (and honestly it has not been for a bit, but the install defaulted as such. This approach seemed to have changed in 2017, in that the C/C++ compiler option had to be selected in my case. It could have been because of the initially install choice, but I am suggesting that you check it.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:47 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

Thank you very much so far that seemed to have fixed the issue. Im doing a compile now to see if there is anything that fails. But i just checked all the extra options just to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Small edit. Getting an unknown compiler version from boost that might cause an issue. Just waiting for the compile to complete to see if it affects it.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:32 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

So I did better this time I got 14 succeeded and 1 Failed. The one that failed was ZONE so im not sure what caused the failure. any idea where the log file would list the cause of the failure.

EDIT Did some digging and found a minor error and fixed it so it compiled all of them now. Only issue im running into now is the server boots up without error but as soon as I try to login I get server not responding error. Soon as I use the old exe's it works fine