Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:40 AM
Mistmaker
Sarnak

Default Moving Server

I moved my server last night to another server. These are the steps I have taken.

Mysqldump to file and then into the new server. This was done after i dropped the peq database on the new server. I then copied over the json file and also any custom .pl files.

Players are getting 1017 when they try to connect. I'm able to connect when I'm on the same network as the server.

What am I missing?
Old 03-23-2018, 03:30 AM
Mistmaker
Sarnak

Just copied over the entire EQEmuServer folder. I will need to test this when I get home from work, but maybe this will work.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:13 AM
Mistmaker
Sarnak

Tested it from its own network and this didn't work. Getting the same disconnect as everyone else.

Anyone have any idea what's causing 1017?
Old 03-23-2018, 04:31 AM
Splose
Banned

ports/firewall?
Old 03-23-2018, 05:27 AM
Mistmaker
Sarnak

Did a new server (test) and looks like you may be right Splose that something is blocked in the firewall. Did port forwarding and also disabled the local win10 firewall as a test and still no luck.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:58 AM
Mistmaker
Sarnak

added Ports 9000, 7000-7500, 3306 and 5998 (TCP/UDP) towards the reserved IP of the server. This is on the new installed test server. Still not working. Also tried to disable the Win10 firewall. I see no accounts trying to connect to the server.

Turned on DMZ for new server and this didnt work either.

Tried Old server (VM hosted) that Im moving everything from and this one works fine.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:15 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Couldn't you just export the entire server to a .SQL file and then run the SQL on the new server?

Copy the Pl file and run it on new server to start the installer, then run that SQL to update the adjustments you have made? The installer should take care of all the directories in your folder, so the server runs properly. I have never been able to copy/paste the folder and get it to work trying to update the files manually.

Would need to make sure you pay attention to database name.. if yours is peq1 and you are running for database peq2, you would have to update all peq1 to state peq2 in the .SQL file.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:11 AM
rocketstr2
Fire Beetle

It let me past server selection to character selection, then you pulled it down again. I think you got somewhere now.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:41 AM
Mistmaker
Sarnak

Its the new network thats causing the problems. I have it on a temporary nett until this new one gets resolved. Should be up in a few minutes.