Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 02-14-2003, 10:33 AM
IACryogenic
Fire Beetle

Default Issues I have

OK heres a few things i have noticed, Im sure some of these are known issues but would just like to clarify that that is the case, and if/when they will be fixed or where i can get the fix.

1) Loot is not being dropped from any of the mobs i have killed, Woushi, Trak, Sleeper Warders, NToV Dragons etc etc, is this normal or is my DB not correct ?

2) No wandering spawns at all

3) Cant zone into the following zones :

Sol B
Kael Drakkal

And have severe lag in the following

Permafrost
Everfrost

There may be more but these are the ones off the top of my head

4) I have an issue with characters getting stuck, unaccesable after zoning a few times, i have had no issues with PoM for example but after zoning a few times and then returning i got stuck in the bo with the coords on wall but could no longer use the #zone or #goto commands, the only way i have found around this is by deleting character and starting again.

Think thats it if i notice anymore i'll post again

Hope you can help with some of the issues
Old 02-14-2003, 10:39 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

The loot issue is the database. It has to be entered by hand into the server's database or it will not drop loot.

The wandering spawns is also a database issue. You must put grids into the server to get them to wander (as of version 0.4.0 I believe).

The zone in/lag problems I will look at on my test server to see what is wrong and test it.

Everyone's characters get stuck sometimes. (Even mine). It usually has to do when a zone crashes. We are looking into a solution on getting this fixed.
Old 02-14-2003, 10:41 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Opps, that guest was me. I guess I need to fix the forum permissions.
Old 02-14-2003, 10:46 AM
IACryogenic
Fire Beetle

Thx Hogie

One other thing i found too is that the mobs dont cast magic on me, and i dont get any resist messages if they are trying, Woushi is a good example of this and Trak too.

Another zone that bombed out with lag issue was PoI hope this helps Just happened a few secs ago, guess i will delete that one now hehe
Old 02-16-2003, 08:09 AM
Tugurce
Hill Giant

NPC spellcasting is also set within the dBase. I haven't toyed with it yet, so I'm no expert on it.