Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-19-2016, 03:26 AM
Xenerox
Hill Giant

Exclamation how do you change expansions in server?

hello again im looking to make my server up to shadows of luclin only i changed the expansion number in varable and rule_values to 7 and still players can create drakkins and spawn in crescent reach how can i fix this ?
Old 10-19-2016, 06:39 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

So for one make sure that number is correct, there is a wierd formula to figure out what number to put in rule values, it isn't a straightforward expansion number. The number you put in variables is different as well, there are posts here explaining it all so use the search function.

that said I believe it only works for underfoot client+ so if you want it to work for say titanium there will be lots of manual changes you will need to make to starting cities and starting race/class stuff in the database.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:22 AM
DanCanDo
Discordant

There is other tables to go through, char_create_combinations to get rid of Drakkin
race, in your zone table you will see all zones have a column for expansion with that #.
You can close off zones easily by setting all zones with expansion number 8+ to minimum
status of 50 (or whatever). Crescent reach will be one of them.
Then you have all your port spells to go through, as well as spell merchants that sell
spells beyond the expansion you want to cut it off at. Also if you have a desire to get
rid of all defiant gear that drops off mobs, etc.
Tons of reading and tedious puter time (chuckle)
Old 10-19-2016, 07:51 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanCanDo View Post
There is other tables to go through, char_create_combinations to get rid of Drakkin
race, in your zone table you will see all zones have a column for expansion with that #.
You can close off zones easily by setting all zones with expansion number 8+ to minimum
status of 50 (or whatever). Crescent reach will be one of them.
Then you have all your port spells to go through, as well as spell merchants that sell
spells beyond the expansion you want to cut it off at. Also if you have a desire to get
rid of all defiant gear that drops off mobs, etc.
Tons of reading and tedious puter time (chuckle)
Yes also char_create_combnations only works for underfoot client or later too. Basically making a server consists of about a year of development to make something tidy and unique. I hope to change that though, at launch of my server all my source including server source and database and client will be released so someone that same day can launch a clone server. It will be a new day in eqemu history I am sure. It won't be perfect window in time but I 'm past caring about that. I am eclectic, I will take a little from everything that I feel works. And I hope and believe a lot of people will agree.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:04 PM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

Quote:
It will be a new day in eqemu history I am sure.
Yeah, I'm not sure how we all functioned without you before now. Thank God for you, Ron Burgandy. (Note: That's the dumbest thing I've seen said here this week, and that bar is pretty high)
Old 10-23-2016, 03:02 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0ctrnl View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure how we all functioned without you before now. Thank God for you, Ron Burgandy. (Note: That's the dumbest thing I've seen said here this week, and that bar is pretty high)
Well the only server I can tell is fully open source (non eq-mac) is PEQ and that had a pretty big impact. As far as I know everyone's database is based off peq. So mabye if someone wants to make a classic server they will base it off nostalgiaeq database. We will see.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:38 AM
DanCanDo
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgiaEQ View Post
As far as I know everyone's database is based off peq.
You do know that the PEQ Grand Creation is the test server for the same peq
database that we download ? (now and in future updates)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgiaEQ View Post
So mabye if someone wants to make a classic server they will base it off nostalgiaeq database. We will see.
If that "classic" is exactly like P99, maybe someone would be interested in
leeching all your work for a home lan server. Otherwise, I doubt it.
There is already enough classic public servers kicking around, and another one
will simply sit there not doing much. semi-custom to custom seems to be what
modern emu players are attracted to. Even my server is not custom enough.
I have no spell scribers, skillups etc., and that's a big turn-off for players.
That whole classic thing is becoming obsolete, so the ones that are already
established are the lucky ones.
Old 10-23-2016, 07:41 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

If someone wants to make a classic server they currently have to start with peq and reinvent 1000 wheels to get a classic approximation. They can start with mine and save months and months. Cavedude doesn't seem to be concerned with people "leeching" off of his work, why should I?
Old 10-23-2016, 12:18 PM
Uleat
Developer

Let's keep it on topic, please..

Compilin' Dirty